Taylor gone to Bunnies

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
A little quieter than what we've come to expect this year I thought.

But that was across the field really.

M

MIKEY

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
Nashy said:
A little quieter than what we've come to expect this year I thought.

But that was across the field really.
were you flogging your log when corey did that pass????

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That was a great offload. Needed to be too, there was a try on offer for sure and he nearly bombed it by going himself.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Oh, well if we're basing it on the one great thing he did then yeah, he was the best player on the field.

Right behind Izzy and Michaels....

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He made quite a few very good runs that created momentum and he defended well (other than the one lapse for the O'Dwyer try IIRC).

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Corey has been consistently excellent this year, a far cry from his 2007/08 form where he really was a passenger with weak runs and 3rd man tackles. This year he is engaging players 1st-in effectively in defense and running with more purpose and making himself hard to pull down to ground level.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Doesn't surprise me given his limited starts this year. Great potential but didn't realise it fast enough for those that apparrently know better.

Best of luck DT.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I know he is somewhat of a crowd favourite, but, does Palmer Wapau justify his place on the bench over Taylor in light of his last couple of efforts. He isn't getting big minutes, he is sound defensively, but he seems lost out there sometimes. He does not seem to offer very much in attack either. There is no force to his runs, he does not bend the line he just seems to surrender at first contact. From what I have seen Dave should be in the side over him.

W

winnie_992

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
lynx000 said:
I know he is somewhat of a crowd favourite, but, does Palmer Wapau justify his place on the bench over Taylor in light of his last couple of efforts. He isn't getting big minutes, he is sound defensively, but he seems lost out there sometimes. He does not seem to offer very much in attack either. There is no force to his runs, he does not bend the line he just seems to surrender at first contact. From what I have seen Dave should be in the side over him.

Yeah I agree, I think Palmer is crap. He doesnt really offer much in attack and quite often he seems to take the ball from a standing start and doesnt have the accelertion to get any speed up wheh he hits the line. Id have taylor in the team over Wapau, he just offers so much more in attack. Even though he's going to the Bunnies im only worried about 2009 and having the best team on the park and that has to include Taylor.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't see him get enough ball to really judge if he should be there above Taylor.

The bomb was a bit of a surprise.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
lynx000 said:

I'd have Josh McGuire on the bench over both of them

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
lynx000 said:

I'd have Josh McGuire on the bench over both of them

I can agree with that because McGuire needs to be groomed as a long term prop at the Broncos.
I've seen Wapau play QLD cup and he was very impressive but in first grade he looks lost and doesn't look like he can impact a game.

McGuire> Taylor> Wapau

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
DAVE Taylor says he agonised over his decision to quit the Broncos and hopes the toughest call of his career will not spark a backlash from Brisbane supporters.

On Wednesday Taylor signed a three-year deal with Souths, worth $750,000, and then set the record straight on the reasons behind his controversial Red Hill departure.

The out-of-favour prop denied he had fallen out with Broncos coach Ivan Henjak. He said the chance to become a regular first-grader at Souths, under the tutelage of Rabbitohs forwards coach Gorden Tallis, was too good to refuse.

The prospect of Taylor, hailed as the code's hottest front-row property in 2007, walking out on the club gathered steam last month when the 20-year-old was axed to Queensland Cup by Henjak.

But Taylor harbours no bitterness towards the Broncos and wants Brisbane fans to understand the circumstances that led to his exit.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

IMHO, that 250k a year is at least 100k a year more than he is worth at the present time.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
^^Completely agree. By overpaying they run the risk of turning him into Mason, Webb etc. There may be a very real reason as to why the Broncos did not play him so much. He shows great promise, but he can be lazy and slack. I believe his attitude and work ethic would be the biggest part of the problem.

250k a year is too much for a 20 year old prop, especially as they don't hit their strides until 25+.

I found this rather interesting. If it really is all about being a regular starter then the question shouldn't be too hard to answer. Just say it was the cash, you're not fooling anyone Dave.

Asked if he would have joined Souths had he been a regular starter at the Broncos, Taylor said: "Good question. I'd prefer not to answer that."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

B

bigjim

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Honestly, I don't think Taylor will turn into the type of player he would have under Bennett.
That aside, I think he will still be a force to reckon with.
Now he is set on a course of what the game can give him rather than what he can give to the game, his club and their fans and supporters.
Shame really.

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Well Gordie said he'd turn him into a rep player if he came to souths, we'll now see if he can do it.

Unread

Active Now

• Midean
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ezpz
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Richby
  • Bucking Beads
  • bert_lifts
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RodF
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.