NRL Player
Jan 15, 2009
you are so so harsh coxy ........who will we use to replace him seriously

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Seeing as he plays bugger all for us I would say we just keep doing what we're doing

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Well, it looks like we're pinning our hopes on McGuire coming through and developing into the next forward leader.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Are you saying he is pretty?

He's a young forward with potential. He might be great, but so might Josh McGuire.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Big call by Taylor with a young baby moving down to Sydney away from the family support network. I hope it works out ok for him. I don't really rate Jason Taylor as a coach though, particularly for the forwards (I guess he recognised that by bringing Gordie in). Look it this way, if it does work out, he does get more game time down therer and does develop his potential, it just gives Qld another awesome forward for SOO.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
gUt said:
I have an opinion on why he looks the way he looks.

Cool, so if we send it to the video ref he can go "gUt's call"? icon_thumbs_u

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Does that involve squirrels or ferrets with sharp teeth???

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
lynx000 said:
Well, it looks like we're pinning our hopes on McGuire coming through and developing into the next forward leader.

Having watched McGuire play a fair bit, IMO opinion he is a better prospect than Taylor at this stage anyway.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
MIKEY said:

Seeing as he isn't even a regular, it seems that he is the one who is always replaced.

I hope they didn't pay much for someone with only 30 NRL games under their belt.

McGuire is one great option I can think of right now, who we could start to groom.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
broncosil said:
MIKEY said:

Seeing as he isn't even a regular, it seems that he is the one who is always replaced.

I hope they didn't pay much for someone with only 30 NRL games under their belt.

McGuire is one great option I can think of right now, who we could start to groom.
Depends if you consider 250k - 350k much.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
lynx000 said:

Having watched McGuire play a fair bit, IMO opinion he is a better prospect than Taylor at this stage anyway.

Agreed. I've said it in a couple of threads but as far as genuine hard working props go, McGuire & Matt Handcock are both far better prospects at this stage

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep, and traditionally that's the type of props the Broncos have utilised. Gee, Lazarus, Hohn, Allen, Webcke, Civoniceva. Good, solid, tough men.

And in fact the Broncos haven't been overly keen on flashy ball playing back rowers either. Terry Matterson was probably the most flamboyant of them. Generally they've wanted hard wide running back rowers like Tallis, Thorn, Carroll; or hard hitting defensive back rowers like Gillmeister and Ryan.

Taylor was something very different, and I don't think the Broncos had worked out exactly where they wanted to play him, and nor do I think Taylor was willing to be turned into a Webcke or Civoniceva.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
But gee there is nothing better than seeing him get into space and throwing those no look passes etc. When he goes he goes.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Coxyz said:
Taylor was something very different, and I don't think the Broncos had worked out exactly where they wanted to play him, and nor do I think Taylor was willing to be turned into a Webcke or Civoniceva.

.. and that could very well be what happened. Taylor never really played like a traditional front-rower did he ?

Let's hope McGuire has been told to play like Webcke [icon_wink

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Forget being told, let's hope McGuire WANTS to play like Webcke. It's fruitless trying to make a player perform a role they're not interested in.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So what? Can't work out how to use a player, so piss them around until they bugger off?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not saying that, and not saying that's what happened either.

But I can imagine they had numerous conversations about where Taylor sees himself, and how the coaching staff want to utilise him and finding it difficult to come to an understanding. To the point where I could almost picture Dave Taylor getting involved and sending that massive cut out to Michaels for that try against the Roosters as a statement to the coaching staff to say "look what I can do, don't make me something I'm not".

I really think a change of scenery is best for Dave Taylor. Could come back and bite the Broncos, but then if they were going to try and fit a square peg into a round hole, it was never going to work.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.