Taylor gone to Bunnies

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
I think blaming Henjack for this is harsh. He's got to pick the best possible team he think is capable of winning each week. He can't, and shouldn't, let contract negotiations be any factor when picking that team.

People keep on talkign of Dave Taylor, but he hasn't really delivered anything overly great at this stage. Sure he's got potential, but so did Steve Michaels

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bit of a bugger to see him leave, but potential is just that, and he isn't worth that sort of coin.

I think the concern here is not about Taylor as such, but about our forwards in general. There's not much use having an international backline if our forwards aren't up to scratch. While our pigs are going okay now, depth is a massive, massive issue. I see Mark O'Meley is unwanted at the Roosters...

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
We'll get by. His form has been too inconsistent for my liking. If he wants to take the money and run good luck to hm. We only play Souths once in a blue moon and it's not like we'll be meeting them in a final where he can do us damage.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Well according to the Scurrilous Mail this morning, his manager is denying that any contract has been signed with anybody and that he is still in discussions with the Broncos. I was going to post the question last night whether anyone had confirmed it because there was nothing on the South Sydney website and nothing on any of the online news or Fox Sports. Could it be a degree of premature speculation???

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
lynx000 said:
Well according to the Scurrilous Mail this morning, his manager is denying that any contract has been signed with anybody and that he is still in discussions with the Broncos. I was going to post the question last night whether anyone had confirmed it because there was nothing on the South Sydney website and nothing on any of the online news or Fox Sports. Could it be a degree of premature speculation???

Fox Sports have reported his signing. [icon_shru

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
by the way, he played ever week in First Grade until the rumours started to surface then he was dumped. So Henjak had given him his chance and he still opted out.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I just had quick look on the fox sports online site Mrs Long and still nothing there about him being signed????

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Even more curious, the story that had appeared on Fox Sports by `staff writers' seems to have now disappeared. lolz

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Yes I saw that one, but then there is no reference at all to it on the NRL page or in the latest news section?????

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
Mabye the stint in the QCup was ment to make him look elsewhere so they could free up the cash for Hunt and Lockyer.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
good luck dave. unlike the hannant deal, i wish dave all the best, because we mis-treated him and i dont blame him at all for leaving. As for Broncos management. wtf happened....

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
This sort of reminds me of the Carl Webb situation, had a bumper season, basically told to back it up to prove yourself, failed and went elsewhere and failed....

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
is it just me or does any1 think McGuire will be a better player than Taylor? The game will get faste in the next few years and Taylor will struggle.

R

rissi_gurl

NYC Player
Mar 17, 2008
spoonbled said:
is it just me or does any1 think McGuire will be a better player than Taylor? The game will get faste in the next few years and Taylor will struggle.

I do thats why i don't think there particularly fussed about losing DT

K

Kraven27

BRL Player
Sep 7, 2008
lynx000 said:

I saw the announcement on the fox sports website but when I went to look at it again 30 minutes later it had disappeared. Also on nrl.com last night it had this: "Meanwhile, South Sydney football manager and former premiership winning Penrith coach John Lang could not confirm the report. "Not to my knowledge," he told AAP.
"But it is no secret that we have been chasing him."

So I think it may have been a bit of false reporting by foxsports and Channel 9, but sometimes these things aren't too far away from the truth

T

Tiger_Woods

BRL Player
Dec 23, 2008
lynx000 said:

Did anyone else read this as premature ejacultion? [icon_drun

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.