OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

I think it'll happen and be announced in the next 48 hours. It's the logical move for both clubs.
sweet, I wouldn't mind getting Walsh earlier.
Just a suggestion ik we have tried it but how about Tesi to left centre and Walsh FB

sweet, I wouldn't mind getting Walsh earlier.
Just a suggestion ik we have tried it but how about Tesi to left centre and Walsh FB
That's something I think is very likely until Herbie is back. Once Herbie is back though, one of them has to go, but being the NRL there's always someone injured every week so he'll find a way into the team.

Although this is basically a done deal, I've just put in the rumour tag so people aren't confused who might not come on here all the time.

That's something I think is very likely until Herbie is back. Once Herbie is back though, one of them has to go, but being the NRL there's always someone injured every week so he'll find a way into the team.
Yeah i think for this season it can work, Tesi has good carries, and speed. Only weakness was defence as wll (when we tried him at centres) but on the left with Capewell and Oates he might go alright.

Walsh at the back. thats a solid back 5
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Nui
5. Cobbo

Yeah i think for this season it can work, Tesi has good carries, and speed. Only weakness was defence as wll (when we tried him at centres) but on the left with Capewell and Oates he might go alright.

Walsh at the back. thats a solid back 5
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Nui
5. Cobbo
Noooo! He can’t defend, he literally can’t make a tackle. He avoids contact.

Just days out from the transfer deadline, the timing would be a hell of a coincidence if doesn’t end up happening.

I do wonder if Kevvie and Ikin will pull the trigger on the swap, or to further drill home our culture, decide to stick with Tesi and TMM as our fullback options. this would demonstrate, that if you put in the work, you'll be rewarded. of course, Kevvie could acheive this by getting Walsh early and sending him to QLD Cup with the message that he needs to earn his way into the fullback role.

Unless TMM really wants to leave early, I wouldn't make the trade. TMM deserves his chance at finals.

Hopefully, he'll rack up a hat trick this weekend, cement his position and Herbie will get the rest of the season to recuperate.

I'm understanding each wants to return home for family reasons. Perhaps this may be a catalyst to get things done early.

I’m massively confident the Broncos wouldn’t want to be jerks about the situation and would leave it entirely in TMM hands. If he wants to see out the year he will, but if he’s happy to go home that will happen as well.

So how do we feel about losing Te Maire Martin to retain Billy Walters?

In my opinion, Billy has been perfect for us to date, has earned his position, but is now the last weak link in the premiership winning squad his father is building. I think his old man should find him a position in the ESL while he's on a roll. Before he's forced to drop him. Which must happen.

I'm not calling it nepotism, but by next season it will be a clear conflict of interest. He came into the squad as a 6, has been fashioned into our starting 9 and has been picked every week this season, barring the last through injury. He's been good enough. No question. But that's the only position left we need to improve.

The decision to invest in him will cost us Turpin, who in fairness hasn't put up a fight. Kelly will no doubt also leave. No one is too bothered by either. But Te Maire is a notch above Billy. Could he have slotted into 9? I think so. And what if Gamble leaves? And what about Tesi? Where could he potentially fit in?

At what point do we start to feel uncomfortable?

So how do we feel about losing Te Maire Martin to retain Billy Walters?

In my opinion, Billy has been perfect for us to date, has earned his position, but is now the last weak link in the premiership winning squad his father is building. I think his old man should find him a position in the ESL while he's on a roll. Before he's forced to drop him. Which must happen.

I'm not calling it nepotism, but by next season it will be a clear conflict of interest. He came into the squad as a 6, has been fashioned into our starting 9 and has been picked every week this season, barring the last through injury. He's been good enough. No question. But that's the only position left we need to improve.

The decision to invest in him will cost us Turpin, who in fairness hasn't put up a fight. Kelly will no doubt also leave. No one is too bothered by either. But Te Maire is a notch above Billy. Could he have slotted into 9? I think so. And what if Gamble leaves? And what about Tesi? Where could he potentially fit in?

At what point do we start to feel uncomfortable?
If Walters wants to stick around for 250k, we'd be mad not to keep him.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Culhwch
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Porthoz
  • Behold
  • Kev_Guz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.