Team for Eels game

mrslong said:
So who gets the flick...does Stagg move to the bench if Lockyer plays tomorrow night.

Guys, Locky knows what he's doing.

If Lockyer plays tomorrow night, i think Stagg will move to the backrow, Thaiday will move to prop with Clinton dropping back to the bench and Taylor and Eastwood dropping of the 5 man bench.

bfoord said:
mrslong said:
So who gets the flick...does Stagg move to the bench if Lockyer plays tomorrow night.

If Lockyer plays tomorrow night, i think Stagg will move to the backrow, Thaiday will move to prop with Clinton dropping back to the bench and Taylor and Eastwood dropping of the 5 man bench.
_woohoo_ [icon_pray. Hopefully Locky plays then. Clinton belongs on the bench and Stagg belong on the backrow.

mrslong said:
bfoord said:
mrslong said:

_woohoo_ [icon_pray. Hopefully Locky plays then. Clinton belongs on the bench and Stagg belong on the backrow.

I agree that Clinton belongs on the bench and Stagg in the back row but Taylor needs to be in the team.

I dont really agree with Locky coming back unless hes 100%!

Stuff Qld at this stage, Broncos premiership chances are more important. Qld have alternatives (in Prince, Rogers, Harrison) for the 5/8th job. They dont need him for game 2, maybe for the decider which is in like 6 weeks!!

i'd rather see eastwood in and Clinton out this week. The Eels arent a huge pack ,more mobile.

wooo... well it's been 4 weeks, I'm no doctor but you don't need much time off after an arthroscope

Will be good to see him back out there

renouf said:
wooo... well it's been 4 weeks, I'm no doctor but you don't need much time off after an arthroscope

It depends how much damage there was.

renouf said:
wooo... well it's been 4 weeks, I'm no doctor but you don't need much time off after an

When I did mine, afte rthe op the doc came to me and said "Crutches 6 mths, no wieght bearing for the first 12 weeks and only 10% after that"

My response was "yes sir" when he left the room I was like "was he fucking serious", and yep he was. I found out later that it would have been easier if I had just broken it, and all I had done was an arthroscope.

Well on thw news they showed locky training and running so he looks ok. Henjak said they would not risk him and locky knows himself when he is ready, we shall see how it goes.

Well okay that's shitty....

But look at the arthroscope TC had in 2005/2006, he was back on the park within 3-4 weeks

I've got a bad feeling about Locky if he plays. This is the one time I hope he still hasn't recovered enough yet.

renouf said:
Well okay that's shitty....

But look at the arthroscope TC had in 2005/2006, he was back on the park within 3-4 weeks

i know the guy in the bed beside me was playing footy 2-3 weeks later, was walking on it, gingerly, that afternoon. All depends on what it was like inside, as said before.

Oh and Lockys playing tomorrow night.

With this rain around and here to stay I'd prefer Locky not to play to be honest. Afraid he is simply rushing back for SOO just like he tried for the Test match.

Russo said:
With this rain around and here to stay I'd prefer Locky not to play to be honest. Afraid he is simply rushing back for SOO just like he tried for the Test match.

Sad but true.

Maybe it's important to get Lockyer out there so Brisbane can get back to winning ways.. another loss on Friday, and then there is a good chance we won't win without the origin stars the following week. So really this is a game we need to win

renouf said:
Maybe it's important to get Lockyer out there so Brisbane can get back to winning ways.. another loss on Friday, and then there is a good chance we won't win without the origin stars the following week. So really this is a game we need to win

Yeah - of course it's a game we need to win.

But again - are we a 1 man team?

rnabokov said:
But again - are we a 1 man team?

I don't think so, but we can't with the premiership without him. Even with Wallace and Ennis playing well, it won't be enough.

We aren't a one man team compared to previous seasons in that I i think we have the ability and confidence to win games without Lockyer there (that doesn't mean we are assured of victory, rather compared to previous seasons I think we very much dropped our bundle in his absence). Finals football is a different breed of football though and I think we need him on deck to win which is why I think its extremely risky to put him back on the field not 100% fit when his shown already this season an inability to build any substantial length of time on the football field outside of a match. As far as getting back to winning ways, Lockyer has been pretty conservative upon return, I doubt he would have a substantial influence on proceedings even if he does play to make it worthwhile, he would be more interested in saving himself for SOO.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.