12. Parker
13. Stagg
--------------------
14. Carroll
15. Eastwood
16. Sims
17. Ennis

1. Hunt
2. Boyd (Should be given another chance after having a poor season last year. However if he doesn't fire then a rookie or new recuit should be given a shot instead)
3. Hodges
4. Michaels (Is a center and will be much better in the centers, besides with the youth coming through we have better choices on the wing anyway IMO)
5. Beale/Robinson (give a rookie a crack)
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis (I have to be honest, I'm not a big fan of Ennis but after thinking about it I reckon PJ would make the better impact player)
10. Clinton
11. Stagg (Defence, defence, defence)
12. Parker (Parker and Stagg should play all of, if not most of the 80 minutes. This will be very handy for our big forwards and the new interchange rule)
13. Carroll (If he's fit there is no reason he shouldn't start IMO. We need a bit of maturity in the forwards with the pack being so young and GCBRONCO spoke of forward power issues, tunza can be a big help here)

14. Thaiday
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Marsh

Thaiday, Taylor and Sims to provide massive impact when they come on (I'd like to see Taylor saved for the second half) and Marsh to carve up the tiring forwards late in the halves.

Players in doubt:
If Hannant can't play (God forbid), start Thaiday and call up Eastwood to the bench.
If PJ can't play call up Moon
If Clinton can't play then do the same as for Hannant. If they both can't play then start Sims and call up Kenny to the bench as well.

I am getting the feeling this will be the team for the weekend

1.Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Micheals
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Sims
12. Parker
13. Carroll

14. Marsh
15. Kenny/Eastwood (from what i've this weekend likely to be Kenny)
16. Thaiday
17. Stagg

renouf said:
if that side takes the field in round 1 I'd be very surprised. Our 6 and 7 haven't exactly had the ideal preparation... the first 5 rounds will be their trials

OK now I'm not proud to single out people's opinions but are you seriously suggesting that just because Locky and Wallace haven't had a game together yet that we should rotate halves combinations over the first 5 rounds? Mate no, this is serious stuff here and we need to get it right from the start. Its obvious that Locky and Wallace are our best options in the halves so put them in the 6 and 7 regardless of the trial matches that they have or have not played.

1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Hewitt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Ennis
10. Hannant
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Stagg

14. Carroll
15. Sims
16. Taylor
17. Marsh

Welcome back Mr Rnabokov!!! Looking forward to many friendly debates with you again this year mate!!!

The Rock said:
I'd also like to see Taylor there. What happened in the off season? Why does it seem like Taylor is our of faovur for round 1?

Came back overweight plus there was surgery. Not match fit yet apparently. Played pretty well one trial but got caught out in the other.

1. Hunt
2. Kemp
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Hewitt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Marsh
10. Hannat
11. Sims
12. Parker
13. Eastwood

14. Carroll
15. Ennis
16. Taylor
17. Thaiday

I don't think we need Stagg in the back row if Parker is there, because he is the 80 minute player. Sims to provide the firepower in the back row and Eastwood with a bit of ball playing ability plus his size. Great bench as well.

Jebadude said:
renouf said:
if that side takes the field in round 1 I'd be very surprised. Our 6 and 7 haven't exactly had the ideal preparation... the first 5 rounds will be their trials

OK now I'm not proud to single out people's opinions but are you seriously suggesting that just because Locky and Wallace haven't had a game together yet that we should rotate halves combinations over the first 5 rounds? Mate no, this is serious stuff here and we need to get it right from the start. Its obvious that Locky and Wallace are our best options in the halves so put them in the 6 and 7 regardless of the trial matches that they have or have not played.

I think you misunderstood what I said... or maybe i didn't word it properly. I was simply saying that the first 5 rounds will be like trial games for 6 and 7, since they haven't actually played together yet.

Anyway going by this article king_johns is spot on...

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

So you don't think our 6 and 7 should be Locky and Wallace? Or you do??

The Rock said:
This is the team I'd like to see in round 1.

1. Hunt
2. Robinson
3. Hodges
4. Michaels
5. Beale
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Carroll

14. Thaiday
15. Taylor
16. Sims
17. Marsh

I'd like Wayne to give Robinson and Beale a first shot at both wing positions. IMO, rookies always have a better debut year when they start in round 1.

I'd also like to see Taylor there. What happened in the off season? Why does it seem like Taylor is our of faovur for round 1?

I am with you on the rookies and like that team.

1. Hunt
2. Boyd/ Davis
3. Hodges
4. Micaels
5. Robinson
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Ennis
10. Hannet
11. Parker
12. Thaidy
13. Stagg

14. Sims
15. Taylor
16. Pj
17. Carrol

Jebadude said:
Welcome back Mr Rnabokov!!! Looking forward to many friendly debates with you again this year mate!!!

Ditto my friend! Hope you're well.

1. Hunt
2. Hewitt
3. Moon
4. Hodges
5. Micheals
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Clinton
9. Marsh
10. Hannant
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Stagg

14. Ennis
15. Sims
16. Carroll
17. Taylor

I cant remember a round 1 team quite like what we have this year. Everyone there is either in there to prove themselves or is already brimming with potential. I think this year will prove to be more influential than the change of coach next year, with all the new faces its time for the broncos to define what it means to be a Bronco again!

Here is the Official Round 1 team:

1 Karmichael Hunt

2 Reece Robinson

3 Steve Michaels

4 Justin Hodges

5 Darius Boyd

6 Darren Lockyer

7 Peter Wallace

8 Ben Hannant

9 Michael Ennis

10 Joel Clinton

11 Corey Parker

12 Ashton Sims

13 Tonie Carroll

Interchange

14 PJ Marsh

15 Sam Thaiday

16 Greg Eastwood

17 David Stagg

18 Nick Kenny

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • The True King
  • BroncoFan94
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.