Team List Broncos v Cowboys

Siebold said in an interview that Bird will play fullback for the first half and Jamayne will play fullback in the second half. Claims it is a genuine shoot out for the number 1 jersey.

I don't doubt it is a genuine shoot out for the 1 ... but IMO, Bird being named to start shows he is the front runner

I think Bird at fullback gives Seibs an 'easy out' of making a tough decision about Darius, it just means Isaako stays on the wing, Staggs still gets the centre spot he deserves and Boyd slots in the other centre spot.

*Edit* I not saying Bird doesn't deserve a shot there but that it just simplifies Siebs selections.

Last edited:
Would prefer a Nui (spelling?=cringe@unbreakable[wrath]) vs Isaako.

Maybe that may be next trial?
Nui is in the development squad I think, so we can't use him until July (or if we get permission, but we have so many backs that seems unlikely).

Nui is in the development squad I think, so we can't use him until July (or if we get permission, but we have so many backs that seems unlikely).

we can't start him ... but i'm pretty sure we can play him from the bench before June 30

we can't start him ... but i'm pretty sure we can play him from the bench before June 30
I don't think we can. If you're thinking of the Kotoni Staggs debacle that was definitely after June 30th (remember we had Fifita starting at centre - definitely later in the season) in 2018 and I think that rule got scrapped anyway.

Edit: Found from a July 2019 article on the Bulldogs website.
"Every club is allowed three to six development players every year outside of their top 30 NRL squad. The players train full-time, but previously were not eligible to play first grade without an exemption from the NRL.

A change in the rule this season will allow any player on the Development List to play NRL without exemption permission after the 30th June."

Last edited:
We can still choose him in the Top 30.
There were reports that Gagan was taking the last spot but nothing seems to have eventuated so maybe there is a spot still free. Surely it would have to go to a forward now though.

That was the old rule, you couldn't use development players to start if you had an able replacement in your 30.

Now after June 30 you're essentially a squad of 36.

That was the old rule, you couldn't use development players to start if you had an able replacement in your 30.

Now after June 30 you're essentially a squad of 36.

can you not use development players at all before June 30?

NRL clubs can use development players under the proviso that the role can't be filled by somebody in their Top 30.

For instance, the Broncos called Turpin into the side last year when he was a development player.

It's why the Broncos were coy with Staggs' debut. They couldn't just name him in the centres because Opacic was available so they named him on the bench as a late inclusion so he could get his opportunity.

I see Staggs' debut as a major win for the junior football overhaul. Would he have received an opportunity if the NYC was still around? Maybe, but I don't think he would have been rushed into the team and kept around if he didn't work his way into the Dolphins ISC side.

whos the goal kicker with no Isaako..?

Bird at fullbacks of interest to me; although im constantly amazed that not 1 NRL club can get Bird to make a position his own yet..?

Slowly starting to form a opinion that some of this may be on the player himself, plus injuries robbing him the opportunity to stake a claim i guess; all things being equal he stays at centre for us last year...

I wish him luck; he could prove to be a real handful at fullback, but lets see...
Staggs will take over goal kicking and Milford if Staggs is out.

What about the Friday match between the Wynnum side? NRL.com has our team listed as follows;
1. Guy Hamilton 2. Ilikena Vudogo 3. Vaea Vaea 4. Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga 5. Jon Reuben 6. Darren Nicholls 7. Tyson Gamble 8. Pride Petterson-Robati 9. Kobe Hetherington 10. Jack Martin 11. Teui Robati 12. Brendan Piakura
13. Brandon Lee. Interchange: 14. Cole Waaka 15. Damon Sommerville 16. Josh James 17. Myphala Ah Chong 18. Danny Heenan 19. Darcy Maroske

The best 17 players from trials is just utter BS. The guys left out this week will play in the match 17 all year long. One will gleefully get past his games quota to continue his mediocrity into 2021.

Last edited:
What about the Friday match between the Wynnum side? NRL.com has our team listed as follows;
1. Guy Hamilton 2. Ilikena Vudogo 3. Vaea Vaea 4. Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga 5. Jon Reuben 6. Darren Nicholls 7. Tyson Gamble 8. Pride Petterson-Robati 9. Kobe Hetherington 10. Jack Martin 11. Teui Robati 12. Brendan Piakura
13. Brandon Lee. Interchange: 14. Cole Waaka 15. Damon Sommerville 16. Josh James 17. Myphala Ah Chong 18. Danny Heenan 19. Darcy Maroske

The best 17 players from trials is just utter BS. The guy left out this week will play in the centres all year long and get past his games quota to continue his mediocrity into 2021.

when has every member of the team played every trial match ever ...

besides you don't really want the best 17 players from the trials playing this year ... because if they do, then there is a better than good chance Boyd and Macca will be in the team as they were among the best at Rocky

2. Ilikena Vudogo

The best 17 players from trials is just utter BS. The guys left out this week will play in the match 17 all year long. One will gleefully get past his games quota to continue his mediocrity into 2021.

Exactly, and they're even giving one of our coaches a trot.

Screenshot 2020 02 19 Teams

Last edited:
The Cowboys have out out a fairly strong side for the trial:

1. Valentine Holmes
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Dan Russell
5. Connelly Lemuelu
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Jake Clifford
8. Francis Molo
9. Reece Robson
10. Jordan McLean
11. Coen Hess
12. Shane Wright
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Reuben Cotter
15. Mitchell Dunn
16. Corey Jensen
17. Peter Hola
18. Tom Gilbert
19. Emry Pere
20. Elijah Anderson
21. Daejarn Asi

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  • pennywisealfie
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • jarro65
  • Jazza
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • KickHaas
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.