Teams for Game II

I think if thurston is fit, we win this. We had heaps of ball in game 1 but couldnt convert to points, and i put the blame largely on thurston not being able to play his natural game. he looked fit and ready for the cowboys the other night, i think hes in for a MOTM performance

As long as we get some space for him to work. The problem in game 1 was even though we got great field position, our forwards still never made any ground or got quick play the balls so we never had any momentum.

I think if thurston is fit, we win this. We had heaps of ball in game 1 but couldnt convert to points, and i put the blame largely on thurston not being able to play his natural game. he looked fit and ready for the cowboys the other night, i think hes in for a MOTM performance

Did you see him play last Friday night? He looked very sharp, the only fault in his game was his kicking... and it wasn't that bad anyway. From what I've heard Smith and Slater were near their best on Sunday too.

I don't agree with all the selections but I do still think we will win.

Did you see him play last Friday night? He looked very sharp, the only fault in his game was his kicking... and it wasn't that bad anyway. From what I've heard Smith and Slater were near their best on Sunday too.

I don't agree with all the selections but I do still think we will win.

It was the wind that made kicking so difficult even the most accomplished kickers in the world would have struggled. He did play extremely well though and directed the Cowboys around terrifically.

From what I've heard Smith and Slater were near their best on Sunday too.
smith was fantastic. slater was very good, but he looks like hes about to fall apart. knee problems on his already heavily strapped knee, and copped a pretty bad knock to the head when he landed on someones knee after contesting a bomb.

Yeah, Slater's as tough as they come, no doubt he's been busted for a while now. Amazing how he keeps producing big plays and playing 80 mins when he looks to be 80% fit.

How many times has JT played shite in origin and then turned it around the next game? I can't remember him putting together 2 bad performances. He has single handedly won games for us.

JT or no JT, Inglis etc... slow play the balls, poor kick chase and slow defensive line speed = NSW victory period.

For mine, this game is won or lost on forward momentum

The move QLD selectors made by down-sizing the team by adding Papali and Cherry-Evans is to add some mobility to the QLD team as both teams made exactly the same amount of hit ups and possession was 50/50 but NSW made 139 more meters than QLD.

I still think it's a mistake and I hope it doesn't lose us the series, but I'm willing to give Mal the benefit of the doubt no matter how uneasy it makes me. Our success over the last few years has been as much through our ability to steamroll them through the middle, as it has been through our backs ripping it up. My main concern is that without the middle steamrolling, the backs won't have the chance to do their thing - like Game I. Time will tell.

QUEENSLANDER!!!

I still think it's a mistake and I hope it doesn't lose us the series, but I'm willing to give Mal the benefit of the doubt no matter how uneasy it makes me. Our success over the last few years has been as much through our ability to steamroll them through the middle, as it has been through our backs ripping it up. My main concern is that without the middle steamrolling, the backs won't have the chance to do their thing - like Game I. Time will tell.

QUEENSLANDER!!!

x2

The team has a lot of points in it. I don't know where the mobility mindset has come from but I still think QLD have picked a very dangerous attacking side. Thurston and Cronk will be a lot better this time. I like our backrow and think that the likes of Papalii, Te'o and Parker can cause NSW some headaches along with our backline if they get adequate ball.

Mobility

It's all about that now according to Mal.

We'll have to run at them flat out and rely on quick play the balls to get a good roll on.

Footwork at the line will also be a handy asset.

Going to be a very interesting game.

After watching the previous 2 series NSW have more mobile and attacking forwards than QLD and the selection of Cherry-Evans and Papali is being used to arrest that.

I don't understand why we need to arrest anything. We have won 7 in a row haven't we?. When you have the best 1 6 7 9 and centre in the game all you need to do is go forward and let them play some footy on the back of it. We have over thought the situation and given NSW their best chance to beat us.

If Mal was worried about the speed in D because of the huge 10 mtrs the refs were getting us back all he had to do was use the Qlders in the media to highlight his concerns and put pressure on the refs that way. It's not rocket surgery.

I don't understand why we need to arrest anything. We have won 7 in a row haven't we?. When you have the best 1 6 7 9 and centre in the game all you need to do is go forward and let them play some footy on the back of it. We have over thought the situation and given NSW their best chance to beat us.

If Mal was worried about the speed in D because of the huge 10 mtrs the refs were getting us back all he had to do was use the Qlders in the media to highlight his concerns and put pressure on the refs that way. It's not rocket surgery.

Absolutely this. The more I think about it the more concerned I am. I'll be livid if we lose this game on the back of this 'let's-take-the-losing-strategy' plan. I still think we'll win, but only just.

Scott + Hannant = a flogging as we carve them up through the middle.
No Hannant = a long, hard slog which we'll make look extremely difficult.

C'mon boys, bring this one home...

I'm happy with the changes. There comes a time in any team that has a dominance that they will be overcome. If you continue with what you have been doing eventually you will be overtaken. However, if you change things up and look to play differently you are on the font foot. Mal knows what he is doing.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • davidp
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.