Teams for Game II

@Big Pete. What do you think of Hannant being left out?, no idea why Queensland have ignored him.

Not a fan of the decision at all.

Props are among the most valuable players in the game and I feel like the Maroons should have given him every opportunity to be fit for this game.

Mal must really have a lot of faith in Thaiday and Myles to make meters up the middle.

Yet he was the bloke whinging that Myles and Thaiday had been playing prop for their club teams.

We might win with this team in QLD but I can't see us winning a decider in NSW without 3/4 genuine props in the team. Props lay the foundation for our great backs to carve up IMO. The team picked is rubbish and I half hope they lose to teach them a lesson. Our props have been the cornerstone of our 7 wins in a row.

Hannant is overweight.

Shillington is out of form.

Harrison is out of form.

Parker is on fire. Papalli is on fire.

It's a no brainer

So they picked a team assuming the referees arent going to do their job properly? has there been a more idiotic team selection criteria before in the history of the game?

I think it might mean that he realises we were too slow, and outmanouvered in game 1.

Maybe he has a different game plan for game 2 ?

if inglis doesn't get involved then dynasty is over

Our record for Game 2 in Brisbane bodes well for us.

2006 Game 2: 30-6
2008 Game 2: 30-0
2010 Game 2: 34-6

Really our game plan should be all out attack to blow them off the park.

Last edited:
Hannant is overweight.

Shillington is out of form.

Harrison is out of form.

Parker is on fire. Papalli is on fire.

It's a no brainer

Absolutely.

Anyway, size wise, Papalii is 110 kg, not exactly small, T'eo 106 kg, Thaiday's about 108 kg, Scott 108 kg, Myles 105 kg,

For NSW, Fifita is a 116kg lump, Gallen 104 kg (while he remains in one piece), and Woods 109 kg.

For mine, we not only have the size, strength, speed and combinations to match them up the middle and on the edges, but everywhere else as well.

Absolutely.

Anyway, size wise, Papalii is 110 kg, not exactly small, T'eo 106 kg, Thaiday's about 108 kg, Scott 108 kg, Myles 105 kg,

For NSW, Fifita is a 116kg lump, Gallen 104 kg (while he remains in one piece), and Woods 109 kg.

For mine, we not only have the size, strength, speed and combinations to match them up the middle and on the edges, but everywhere else as well.

Add to the fact these guys are all pretty mobile and have good footwork at the line.

I think if we can counter an obvious early onslaught from NSW, we'll be in good shape to carve them up later in the game.

Add to the fact these guys are all pretty mobile and have good footwork at the line.

I think if we can counter an obvious early onslaught from NSW, we'll be in good shape to carve them up later in the game.

I think it's also a question of how well NSW handles an early Maroons onslaught ... Mr Gallen-Pig.

There are only 3 NSW players who IMO are serious threats: Lewis and Dugan, and maybe Merrin if he gets a chance to offload.

Last edited:
Mal wasn't happy with lack of aggression in our tackling in game 1
And also we let NSW off the hook from our poor kick chase team.
The way I see it with the team selected, we are going to utilise Smiths, Cronks and Thurstons strong kicking game, and pin NSW with a faster kick chase team and smash them with heavy defense when they are trying to ruck out from the try line.

If this is what Mal is thinking, I think Qld are going to smash them by a very handsome score!

Mal wasn't happy with lack of aggression in our tackling in game 1
And also we let NSW off the hook from our poor kick chase team.
The way I see it with the team selected, we are going to utilise Smiths, Cronks and Thurstons strong kicking game, and pin NSW with a faster kick chase team and smash them with heavy defense when they are trying to ruck out from the try line.

If this is what Mal is thinking, I think Qld are going to smash them by a very handsome score!

I think you are spot on, although I don't think the win will be a "handsome score". I reckon 6 -12

Also, I think Mal is thinking Inglis must get a lot more ball, maybe sharing kick returns with Slater?

The NSW team of today is far more settled, confident and competitive than the one from Game 2 2010. A big blowout win by QLD will surprise me. The last time NSW won Game 2 in Brisbane was in 2000, the game where Joey came of the bench when the Blues were behind 10-6 and blew QLD off the park as the Blues scored 3 tries in 5 minutes.

The NSW team of today is far more settled, confident and competitive than the one from Game 2 2010. A big blowout win by QLD will surprise me. The last time NSW won Game 2 in Brisbane was in 2000, the game where Joey came of the bench when the Blues were behind 10-6 and blew QLD off the park as the Blues scored 3 tries in 5 minutes.

Yeah well Joey doesn't play anymore, so your mate Pearce will have to do all the blowing :001_rolleyes:

I think it's also a question of how well NSW handles an early Maroons onslaught ... Mr Gallen-Pig.

There are only 3 NSW players who IMO are serious threats: Lewis and Dugan, and maybe Merrin if he gets a chance to offload.

Bird and Gallen are their most dangerous IMO. Both always seem to give it their all.

There are a few others in the NSW team that are serious threats to QLD as well.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • broncs30
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.