Teams for Game II

Basically, the team is wrong, but DCE is one of the things that's right. 3 forwards off the bench is enough.

NSW shouldn't take DCE lightly if he comes of the bench and plays in the forwards as he has the ability to break throught tackles with his strong running game and he could also play the role as a halfback playing in the forwards.

DCE didnt get on the field in his Australian debut, what are the chances he makes it 2 from 2 in rep debuts?

2 tired forwards come off, 2 fresh forwards come on. thats how its better than 3.

It wasn't his debut he got a run against Wales in the 4 nations in 2011.

Mal must really have a lot of faith in Thaiday and Myles to make meters up the middle.

Regardless I still expect the big guns to lift and for us to return serve at Suncorp quite comfortably.

I just hope Hannant receives his spot in Game III

You know, a part of me is glad Hannant isn't picked. Origin always kills the Broncs.

But that same part also expected Shillington to be there too.

What I am having a hard time understanding is why have they stopped using a formula that has been successful for 7 years straight and are now using the one NSW has used unsuccessfully for all those years.... :sad:

Honestly I think this is the worst Queensland team selected since game 2, 2003.

What I am having a hard time understanding is why have they stopped using a formula that has been successful for 7 years straight and are now using the one NSW has used unsuccessfully for all those years.... :sad:

Meninga said in the press conference that the interpretation of the 10 meter rule had a lot to do with the makeup of his side.

From that statement i can gather that he needs players that can get up and back quicker, meaning smaller players ( i assume)

I did think that in game 1 we were made to get back further than 10 meters every tackle.

Thoughts ??

Really surprised that Ben Hannant didn't get picked I thought he just needed to complete last night's game and he was good to go.

Scott, Myles and Parker will need 10/10 performances for us to win. Otherwise there will be no go forward for Thurston/Cronk/Slater.

I would start with either Papalii or Teo on the right fringe and move Thaiday to the bench. Thaiday isn't in the best of form and Papalii/Teo are more agressive and would suit the opening stages. And Thaiday is going to have to play prop at some stage and I would rather he did it when fresh.

Hopefully Mal has a change of heart and puts Kennedy on the bench somewhere.

Basically, the team is wrong, but DCE is one of the things that's right. 3 forwards off the bench is enough.

No probs from my end with DCE being in the team.

Papalii to start .......McQueen to watch from the grandstand

Hannant on the bench.

I can only assume they think Hannant could be a tad under done after his injury?

The NSW pack will be a lot different to the Tigpies last night....Mal & co might have a point.

Meninga said in the press conference that the interpretation of the 10 meter rule had a lot to do with the makeup of his side.

From that statement i can gather that he needs players that can get up and back quicker, meaning smaller players ( i assume)

I did think that in game 1 we were made to get back further than 10 meters every tackle.

Thoughts ??
So they picked a team assuming the referees arent going to do their job properly? has there been a more idiotic team selection criteria before in the history of the game?

I would not be surprised at all if we lose this match due to being smashed in the forwards and no go-forward like game 1, then Hannant and Kennedy (or another prop) are selected and we smash the Blues via massive forward roll in game 3

I think that as long as Thurston and Cronk perform well and we actually move up in defence, we'd win even with this side.

So they picked a team assuming the referees arent going to do their job properly? has there been a more idiotic team selection criteria before in the history of the game?
Seems like the exact sort of thing the NSWankers have been doing for the last several years....

[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION]. What do you think of Hannant being left out?, no idea why Queensland have ignored him.

I'm worried that if we win with this side, they won't want to make any changes for the third game - which I imagine will be a much tougher prospect for our forwards.

We have to win this one first though, and the side we've picked is a little perplexing. Ergh.

I'm surprised, surely you need more than one real prop.

We've put ourselves under a lot of pressure.

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.