OFFICIAL Tesi Niu Out 10-16 weeks

Cobbo to fullback, Pereira to wing, pretty easy swap and JP is going to be a safer option on the wing anyway (more experienced etc).

Cobbo will hopefully have learned from his mistakes and from what I saw (albeit on the TV), he was very vocal in defence, organising numbers and barking orders.

I still have hope that we'll make the finals, this is a setback but a minor one IMO. If we lost Reynolds, for example, season over.
It is half of our starting spine gone, with no effective replacements for either. I think we are gone already for the season when you look at some of the games we have coming up.

It is half of our starting spine gone, with no effective replacements for either. I think we are gone already for the season when you look at some of the games we have coming up.

I don't think there was much splitting Walters and Kelly to be fair, if anything our #6 depth is our easiest to manage, with Kelly, Walters, Gamble all around the same level (but offering different things).

He looked better offensivley. He wasnt tested once under the high ball, they kept kicking to Cobbo. Shame for him though to get such a bad injury.

Since he wasn’t tested, he looked better…eh?

Since he wasn’t tested, he looked better…eh?

Generally, i think his attacking play was much smarter than against the Rorters. He seemed to have improved. We didnt get to see him tested under that high ball so its difficult to say.

If only this happened last year Walsh would be our FB.

For a young player a injury like this would do massive things for confidence. Feel bad for him.
Anybody know if these type of hammy injuries effect speed etc once recovered?

For a young player a injury like this would do massive things for confidence. Feel bad for him.
Anybody know if these type of hammy injuries effect speed etc once recovered?

Depends on how it healed, but i think generally it does slow you down. There is a quite high chance of them recurring as well. Hammy injuries pretty much finished Boyd i reckon. Hodges also struggled with them.

Depends on how it healed, but i think generally it does slow you down. There is a quite high chance of them recurring as well. Hammy injuries pretty much finished Boyd i reckon. Hodges also struggled with them.
Boyd was fairly injury free until late in his career. Hodges had Hammies early and it had a major effect on his knees. If this continues for Tesi could be similar to Hodges more than Boyd.

I have doubts he will be returning as a fullback then with the work load involved with that position.

I have doubts he will be returning as a fullback then with the work load involved with that position.
I feel like his game could be a little more suited to 6 anyway.

He does have a nice short kicking game and passing game... I don’t think at this stage he is an NRL level 6, but I think that position works better for him than center if 1 is out of the equation.

If Mam ends up being more of a 7 (not sure about that) then we’ll need a 6 anyway. I think his tackling would need a huge improve to make it as a 6 in the front line.

Unfortunately for Tesi I think he is only on a cheapish short term deal with us.... so this could be a really defining point in his career.

I hope he comes out of it on the other side and is able to prosper whether it’s here or elsewhere, because you never like to see a young guy miss out due to injuries early on

He does have a nice short kicking game and passing game... I don’t think at this stage he is an NRL level 6, but I think that position works better for him than center if 1 is out of the equation.

If Mam ends up being more of a 7 (not sure about that) then we’ll need a 6 anyway.

Unfortunately for Tesi I think he is only on a cheapish short term deal with us.... so this could be a really defining point in his career.

I hope he comes out of it on the other side and is able to prosper whether it’s here or elsewhere, because you never like to see a young guy miss out due to injuries early on
If he works on his front line defence which is alot easier than working on the areas he needs to at fullback he could be a good 6 for us.

If Mam ends up being more of a 7 (not sure about that) then we’ll need a 6 anyway. I think his tackling would need a huge improve to make it as a 6 in the front line.

Mam looks like a definitive 6. I'm still really surprised we let Josh James go, he was looking pretty good last season as an organising 7 in development.

The calls for finals this year with this squad are ridiculous in my opinion.
lol.png

Active Now

• sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.