OFFICIAL Tesi Niu released by Broncos

Well, if the promise was to play fb they probably can’t do that either. He’s the odd man out imo.
The promise was to let him train at fullback in the preseason, not hand him the position. He already has a guaranteed place in the team, the position he was happy to play for England.

The promise was to let him train at fullback in the preseason, not hand him the position. He already has a guaranteed place in the team, the position he was happy to play for England.
There’s little point in doing that either, Walsh will be fb, everybody knows it, including Herbie I bet. Players should know where they stand, even if that means someone signing elsewhere.

Herbie is our best option at left centre, that’s where he should train and play, he’s far from the finished product at centre anyway.

There’s little point in doing that either, Walsh will be fb, everybody knows it, including Herbie I bet. Players should know where they stand, even if that means someone signing elsewhere.

Herbie is our best option at left centre, that’s where he should train and play, he’s far from the finished product at centre anyway.
I agree. He owns the position but still relies too much on bullocking through the opposition rather than putting them in two minds. Granted he's one of the best in the code at it.

It's not that he needs to pass the ball, he just needs to convince the opposition he might. He's a handful to defend against, simply because of his agility and strength, but if he wasn't so predictable it would elevate him massively. I would rather see him drilled on this over the preseason than waste his time trying to be fullback when we already have the position amply covered.

But he asked for it, and the club agreed, so that's where it stands. We also want him to be happy.

I think the story was they promised him he would get a shot at playing fullback in the trials or something like that.

I don't think I will ever be convinced a player signs a contract on the basis he gets to play a particular spot

I agree. He owns the position but still relies too much on bullocking through the opposition rather than putting them in two minds. Granted he's one of the best in the code at it.

It's not that he needs to pass the ball, he just needs to convince the opposition he might. He's a handful to defend against, simply because of his agility and strength, but if he wasn't so predictable it would elevate him massively. I would rather see him drilled on this over the preseason than waste his time trying to be fullback when we already have the position amply covered.

But he asked for it, and the club agreed, so that's where it stands. We also want him to be happy.

So he needs to learn how to pass...but he shouldn't trial at fullback where one of the key ingredients these days...is to learn how to pass...makes sense to you?

I don't think there are any decent hookers out there that we could snap up (we probably already did that anyway with Smoothy)

but are there any potential gem second rowers out there that aren't getting a crack that we could target
Dunno but Broncs found Capewell last off-season.

We all say there is no-one available AND that contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on, so…

So he needs to learn how to pass...but he shouldn't trial at fullback where one of the key ingredients these days...is to learn how to pass...makes sense to you?
You aren’t entirely wrong but learning pass effectively at centre isn’t exactly the same as at Fullback. I don’t doubt that Herbie can pass a footy, he just isn’t great at picking when to do so.

Basically a clone of Isaako. Plenty of talent buried under all that stupidity and lack of game awareness. Neither of them will ever be good fullbacks as long as they defend so poorly.

All the best to him but we are well stacked for backs in every position at the moment. We need a top shelf hooker and we need it now.
ATM there are no top shelf hookers available? If we wanted a hooker we should have went after BSmith.

I feel long term, the plan would be Mam and Walsh 6 and 7 and Cobbo FLB. Herbie is a centre or even better a winger with his runs. Staggs needs to impress otherwise he isn't worth the money we are paying.

This year has to be make or break for Staggs. A few quiet seasons and niggling injuries havnt provided what he is capable of, nor being paid for.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.