Test Selections? (Gasnier)

C

Chumba

NYC Player
Mar 29, 2008
With the M.Crocker being effectively ruled out by Ricky stuart for the tests at the end of the season due to his going to the U.K next year, where does that leave Gasnier? Should he be picked or not? And should it be soley Stuart's choice as to whether or not these players are allowed to play for thir country?

Is there any other players in the same boat that you know of?

And Who will be Gasnier's replacement? Tate?

I guess if available and in form, Hodges and either Inglis or Cooper would get picked before Tate. Tate is a better player than Cooper imo however.

I think they're about even gUt. Tate is more likely to do something with the ball, but Cooper is never going to let you down defensively and knows his role in attack.

I reckon the centres will be Hodges and Inglis with Folau and Tate on the wing. Tate's performance in Origin 2 has probably given him the Kangaroo jersey.

Inglis would move to center and they will chuck Hayne on the wing.

1. Hunt
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou

1. Hunt
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou

Yep that's what it will be, although why Hayne deserves to be picked escapes me.

So do we agree that he(Gasnier) shouldn't be picked?

I heard on the radio that he is now ruled out of the Cup so it's academic. I wouldn't want to see him picked anyway because I think he's the third or fourth best centre in the NRL.

I think they might well do this:
1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau

gUt said:
I heard on the radio that he is now ruled out of the Cup so it's academic. I wouldn't want to see him picked anyway because I think he's the third or fourth best centre in the NRL.

It may well be academic, but so is half the crap we discuss... I just wondered what folks thought on the issue of players being ruled in or out depending on their career choice for the following year.

I for one don't think they shouldn't be ruled out 'till the seaon is over. I would prefer to see them play while they are in the nrl and then ruel them out once they leave the country and not be brought back during tours or tough times like we saw in the last couple of years.

I think a back line choice at 1 and 3 or 4 will depend on who wears the 6.

If Locky plays then Hunt will stand a good chance of getting in and slater may get shifted to the wing and inglis would then cover the centre spot; should Locky be injured, then perhaps Inglis will go into 6, tate onto the wing, cooper in the centres and Slater at the back, with Hunt on the bench as I doubt they would play him at wing in a test.

The reason he's not being considered it because his NRL contract expires on the 31st October. From that point onwards, he is effectively a rugby union player.

I have no issue with players going to England (super league) next year being allowed to play for Australia, but if they're changing codes I think they give up that right.

Good work bum chin now Australia's backline will be all QLD if injuries don't strike.

I dont know how any would even consider hodges. has done nothing this year. Tate, cooper, folau and inglis miles ahead of him

Incumbent. The word all people who think rep teams should be picked on form hate!

If Hodges is fit, he has to be there, doesn't matter if he hasn't been outstanding, he's still better then most players in the nrl. At least better then Cooper and Tate.

1. Slater
2. Hayne
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Lockyer (if fit)
7. Thurston

Barring injuries, that will be the backline, no doubt. Remember however, that we will have a squad, so some games will have Hunt at 1., etc. but that is the real backline. hayne doesn't deserve to be there and Stuart hasn't the fortitude to try things like the Hunt/ Slater combo that helped Queensland win 2-1.

Whether Gasnier is available or not, he is now no chance on form and class.

3. Inglis
4. Hodges

They'll utterly shred any defence and stop any attack in the centres.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.