Test Selections? (Gasnier)

All QLD backrow...the way it should be!

1. Slater
2. Hunt
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou

And I'd rotate Hunt and Slater exactly as Qld did - very smart, very effective.

it realli shuld be all queensland from 1 to 10 at least!

1) Hunt/Slater
2) Folau
3)Tate/Inglis
4) Hodges
5) Inglis/Slater
6) Lockyer
7) thurston
8) Price
9) Smith
10) Petro

wat do u guys think?

Hayne, Cooper and Mason will get considered in that bunch. Not that I think they deserve it.

Coxy said:
Hayne, Cooper and Mason will get considered in that bunch. Not that I think they deserve it.

The only one of that lot who possibly deserves a spot is Diver Hayne - on one wing.

How can you possibly select Cooper over Hodges or Inglis?

Mason is shite and Cooper is ok defensively but is no game-breaker in the mould of Hodges and Inglis.

You wouldn't. You'd keep Inglis on the wing and put Cooper in the centres to replace Gasnier.

There is going to be a NSW back. It will not be an issue. The NSW based selection panel ALWAYS selects a NSW back. I don't expect both Hunt and Slater to play in a team unless there are a few injuries. It will be one or the other. Sure, they will both be in the World Cup squad, I just ahve doubts they will play Slater or Hunt on a wing with the backs available.

Clintos is right, Hayne will be a token selection at the back. Or Stewart if -heaven forbid- Manly wins the GF.

I would personally go for
1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau

Hunt and Slater would share the custodian role. Hayne and then Tate would be options should Injuries occur. If Cooper gets a spot straight away in Gasniers place I'll be pissed off. Cooper is a decent defender, but not much more.

mrslong said:
Clintos is right, Hayne will be a token selection at the back. Or Stewart if -heaven forbid- Manly wins the GF.

Manly won't win the GF - it'll be either the Storm or the Broncs. And Stewart? He's in the queue a long way behind Slater and Hunt.

As for Hayne - despite my dislike of his antics, I reckon he's a decent winger and wouldn't let the team down - even though he might lie down now and then [icon_lol1.

As for Cooper - he is a great defender, but in attack, he can't shred the opposition like Hodges or Inglis. He is a good finisher, but only when he gets the ideal money ball when any decent centre would score.

I still reckon Slater at FB with Hunt on the other wing - or vice versa sharing roles. Can't see how either can be left out.

But of course - there's always the politics. [icon_non

I know this and you know this...but the AUS selectors don't know this...

There's no way we'll see completely Qld from 1-7.

Hayne will get one of the wing spots by default, and I'm actually really worried as to how the Aussie forward pack will line up. Don't want to see the likes of Hoffman and Mason continually getting selected on reputation. It'll be interesting to see who lines up at fullback, but I think Hunt is in with a great showing to hold down his spot.

1. Hunt
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Hayne
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston/Prince

Damn good looking backline, well and truly good enough to win the WC.

mick! said:
There's no way we'll see completely Qld from 1-7.

Hayne will get one of the wing spots by default, and I'm actually really worried as to how the Aussie forward pack will line up. Don't want to see the likes of Hoffman and Mason continually getting selected on reputation. It'll be interesting to see who lines up at fullback, but I think Hunt is in with a great showing to hold down his spot.

1. Hunt
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Hayne
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston/Prince

Damn good looking backline, well and truly good enough to win the WC.

For the forwards I'd be going with

8. Price
9. Smith
10. Petero (Seriously, If the selectors don't choose Price and Civo in the front row they have rocks in their heads)
11. Laffranchi
12. Johnson
13. Bird

14. Kite
15. Myles
16. ???
17. Slater/Gidley

Not sure about the no.16 I'm struggling coming up with names of NSW players to fill the gap. Tupou maybe?

01. Hunt
02. Folau
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Hayne
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Price
09. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison (bit of a bolter but he was dynamic in Origin)
12. Laffranchi
13. Bird

14. Slater
15. Kite
16. Myles
17. An inform backrower, Glenn Stewart maybe?

ethos said:
01. Hunt
02. Folau
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Hayne
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Price
09. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison (bit of a bolter but he was dynamic in Origin)
12. Laffranchi
13. Bird

14. Slater
15. Kite
16. Myles
17. An inform backrower, Glenn Stewart maybe?

Pretty much agree. As much as I hate it, though, Slater and Hunt won't be on the same team. One will be at fullback and Kidley will be on the bench. Guaranteed.

That final bench spot should definitely go to an in-form second rower. The way I see it, the next 7-11 weeks will decide it - could be Thaiday, G Stewart, Mason, Fitzgibbon, Tupou...

Isn't it amazing the decline of Anthony Watmough?
12 months ago you would've thought he'd be a CERTAINTY to make an Australian squad. Then he has the mother of all shockers in the Grand Final and he's a forgotten man.

Active Now

• thenry
  • ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.