Test Series v India

Yeah I reckon Tendulkar is the greatest of his time. I can't stand him though. He has to shoulder a lot of blame for the way India carry on in regards to DRS amongst other things.

Tendulkar is the best bat I've ever seen. Hands down.

Without question. Same for me.
I've been privileged to see some greats in my time. Viv Richards. Javed Miandad. David Gower (not often mentioned in the "greats" list but boy he was elegant). Greenidge and Haynes. Lara. Hayden. Ponting. Border. Waugh, S.

Tendulkar is head and shoulders above all of them.

How does he compare to Bradman? I can't possibly compare. Very few alive can. But I just look at Bradman's stats, his average, at a time where the equipment wasn't so good, the pitches uncovered, and I just can't imagine anyone we've seen being that good. Or ever being that good. But you can't be sure how he'd go in this day and age where no doubt bowling has gone to a different level of skill, fitness training etc.

Impossible question to answer, and frankly I think it's disrespectful to both to even try! Both are the kings of their generation and that's how they should be remembered.

Nobody well ever be as good as Bradman.

Agreed Bradman was one of a kind, his average of 99.96 will never be beaten. If anyone can tell me the 2nd highest test average I would really apreciate it.

What can you say about India, demoralised by the Poms and demolished by the Aussies. If I was to score their performance one to ten it would be 1 for turning up. Congragulations boys top effort by all.

I think Sachin's reputation is inflated by the obsession of the Indian nation his record is incredible but he has played half his matches on flat dustbowls catered to their batsman whereas someone like Lara played in a crap team for a long time with little support and on wickets that were never as easy as Indian wickets also Lara was a better "matchwinner", Kallis has a better average and once again plays on tougher wickets more often.

Agreed Bradman was one of a kind, his average of 99.96 will never be beaten. If anyone can tell me the 2nd highest test average I would really apreciate it.

Probably Kallis with 57.8 or something. Wasnt Don's 99.94?

Nah Hammond and Sobers had a better average than Kallis.

Graeme Pollock will be up there too. He averaged in the 60's IIRC.

Didn't make that many test runs though so it doesn't really count.

I reckon they need to have played 50 tests to be compared to Bradman.

In which case:
1. Bradman 99.94 (52 tests)
2. Sutcliffe 60.73 (54 tests)
3. Barrington 58.67 (82 tests)
4. Hammond 58.45 (85 tests)
5. Sobers 57.78 (93 tests)
6. Kallis 57.02 (150 tests)

Have to say, Kallis's record is impressive for such a long career.

Another stat to look at is conversion of 50s to 100s. I don't think anyone will match Bradman's record there. 29 times out of 42 innings where he passed 50, he went on to make 100.

Last edited:
Kallis spent a long portion earlier in his career at 5 if I recall correctly so 41/55 is a very good conversion rate having said that Sachins is very good also for a guy who has played so much.

How anyone could even have this conversation is beyond me.

Not only is Bradman the greatest cricketer of all-time he is unquestionably the greatest sportsman of all-time.

Pick one athlete/sportsman that is undoubtedly almost TWICE as good as every player that ever played that sport...you can't do it.

Enough said.

How anyone could even have this conversation is beyond me.

Not only is Bradman the greatest cricketer of all-time he is unquestionably the greatest sportsman of all-time.

Pick one athlete/sportsman that is undoubtedly almost TWICE as good as every player that ever played that sport...you can't do it.

Enough said.

Pretty sure we all agree there. The discussion is more about who is 2nd :P

Well I'm not sure I'd leap to put Tendulkar 2nd on that list that's for sure. Yes, he's been outstanding over a long, long period of time but is he the best I've seen? I'm not so sure.

He's in the conversation that's for sure - I'd have my top 4 that I've seen in no particular order as Richards, Ponting, Lara, Tendulkar - you could make arguments for all of them.

Well I'm not sure I'd leap to put Tendulkar 2nd on that list that's for sure. Yes, he's been outstanding over a long, long period of time but is he the best I've seen? I'm not so sure.

He's in the conversation that's for sure - I'd have my top 4 that I've seen in no particular order as Richards, Ponting, Lara, Tendulkar - you could make arguments for all of them.

Agreed, and there's arguments against all 4 too.
Plus there's the likes of Hammond, Barrington, Barnes, G Chappell etc who I didn't have the privilege to see play during my life time (Chappell just, but I can't remember it).

Agreed, and there's arguments against all 4 too.
Plus there's the likes of Hammond, Barrington, Barnes, G Chappell etc who I didn't have the privilege to see play during my life time (Chappell just, but I can't remember it).

The list goes on - Ponsford, Harvey, Trumper, Boycott, Sobers, Worrell, Pollock...etc - it's why cricket is such a great game!

You just can't compare eras IMO. Stats don't tell the whole story. So many great players but one stands above all others. Bradman.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Horseheadsup
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • westy316
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • simplythebest
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosMan
  • winslow_wong
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.