Test Series v India

How anyone could even have this conversation is beyond me.

Not only is Bradman the greatest cricketer of all-time he is unquestionably the greatest sportsman of all-time.

Pick one athlete/sportsman that is undoubtedly almost TWICE as good as every player that ever played that sport...you can't do it.

Enough said.

Agree!

The only sportsmen that come to mind that could be compared to Bradman are: Michael Jordan and Babe Ruth.....And only because they were similarly brilliant/oustanding/untouchable in their chosen sports.....

Michael Jordan is a bad comparison although clearly the best in his era guys like Wilt Chamberlain had similar or better stats for scoring and then a Bill Russell won 11 Championships (5 more than Jordan). Babe Ruth has a very mythical reputation in baseball folklore but his record isn't even the best in the sport in terms of his batting average or his home run totals, looking at it statistically Ty Cobb as a hitter had a better record quite clearly, he won plenty of titles but there have been plenty of baseballers especially Yankees who have done that. Only ones I can think of are that Heather McKay who went unbeaten in squash for about 25 years, Herb Elliott who dominated and never lost over 1500m in his career (although he did only run competitively for about 5 years I think) and possibly Wayne Gretzky who owns something like 30-40 individual records in Ice Hockey and also won the league MVP 9 times including 8 straight.

Brian Lara and Steve Waugh was one of my all time favourites

Michael Jordan is a bad comparison although clearly the best in his era guys like Wilt Chamberlain had similar or better stats for scoring and then a Bill Russell won 11 Championships (5 more than Jordan). Babe Ruth has a very mythical reputation in baseball folklore but his record isn't even the best in the sport in terms of his batting average or his home run totals, looking at it statistically Ty Cobb as a hitter had a better record quite clearly, he won plenty of titles but there have been plenty of baseballers especially Yankees who have done that. Only ones I can think of are that Heather McKay who went unbeaten in squash for about 25 years, Herb Elliott who dominated and never lost over 1500m in his career (although he did only run competitively for about 5 years I think) and possibly Wayne Gretzky who owns something like 30-40 individual records in Ice Hockey and also won the league MVP 9 times including 8 straight.

Dude it's the mabo, it's the vibe

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bish
  • broncsgoat
  • Spooky1013
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Nerd
  • Spoon
  • winslow_wong
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.