VOTE TEVITA PANGAI JR is BHQ Player of Round 6

Who is your player of the Round (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Thursday night's match against the Penrith Panthers and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Tuesday morning.

Congratulations to Payne Haas, winner of Round Five. Well played!

BHQ Best 5
BHQ Best 4
BHQ Best 3
HBHQ Best 2a
BHQ Best Round one

LEADERBOARD

Herbie Farnworth126
Jamayne Isaako113
Payne Haas100
Tevita Pangai Junior84
Jake Turpin80
Xavier Coates58
David Mead57
Jordan Riki55
Anthony Milford51
Tesi Niu35
Matthew Lodge18
Tom Dearden18
Ben Te'o7
John Asiata6
Rhys Kennedy6
Patrick Carrigan4
Ethan Bullemor4
Brodie Croft3
Alex Glenn3
Richard Kennar2
Thomas Flegler1

I genuinely don't know, almost everyone was really good.

3. TPJ
2. Oates
1. Haas

Lodge, Croft and almost everyone who wasn't a centre are really hard done by.

Apart from Turpin throwing dumb forward passes all night to nobody and Isaakos first tackle kick, the entire team was very good. Went with TPJ, Croft and Haas but Bullemore, Oates and Lodge deserve a point too

3. TPJ
2. Hass
1. Oates

Was hard to split Oates and Croft for mine but seeing his kick returns again just has me all giddy. Fucking dick fingers though.

First time it has been hard to choose 3. Went with TPJ, Haas & Croft. Tough on Oates to miss out.

3 TPJ: game changer tonight on the edge and it looked like his fitness held up... think he's definitely worthy of keeping that edge spot moving forward
2 Haas: monster effort through the first half with some huge runs including the one for Bull's try to give him a quick ptb to go off
1 Croft: basically an error free game, some great defence coming up against Kikau and set up the try for Bull. His kicking game wasn't all that lethal, but it was consistent for the game plan we wanted to execute. I think they lost their way a little inside the 20m trying to go too sideways, but we now have a weapon in TPJ that we should look to utilise in those attacking zones and then work off the play the balls it will give us.

Special mention
- Oates: everything was pretty well excellent except for dropping a bomb that led to their first try.
- Lodge: excellent first half and then a great cameo in the second half to keep us stable until Haas came back on
- Isaako: safe as houses out the back, high work rate and getting very close to being a solid option in our attack with his footwork and little bit of ball play (short passing rather than long passing)

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.