Thaiday out of game 2

But in saying that, Thaiday's still does a LOT of work. Can remember his chase to just beat Stewart to that grubber kick in Game I.
that chase where he just slowly dawdled his way back there like it was a training exercise? That to me was a perfect example of why we're better off without him. It shouldn't have even been close to a try had he not been so lazy.

For defence Parker is the right man. Problem is, that's why Harrison & Myles are in the pack. For attack, Macguire should have been the man called in.

We now have a very defense orientated pack, with a couple of impact forwards on the bench.

I'm worried.
We only need a defensive pack though. Our backs made us all our metres in game 1, and they're the ones who score the points. What we need our forward pack to do in game 2 is just stop Farrah and gallen breaking through the middle. They defend well, we win.

that chase where he just slowly dawdled his way back there like it was a training exercise? That to me was a perfect example of why we're better off without him. It shouldn't have even been close to a try had he not been so lazy.

Who else was dawdling back though? There was no one else within cooee. Hodges maybe, but from memory he pulled out of the chase fairly early.

Who else was dawdling back though? There was no one else within cooee. Hodges maybe, but from memory he pulled out of the chase fairly early.

Yep, both Hodges and Thaiday were lazy/lacking urgency on that chase. It should never have got that close.

noone else would have bothered going back for it because they could see thaiday virtually right on top of it, and hodges a few metres back, and thought 'theyve got this' and not given it a second thought. just because thaiday got there doesnt mean he should be congratulated. he should have got there 5 seconds earlier at the minimum, and possibly even have gotten out into the field of play.

noone else would have bothered going back for it because they could see thaiday virtually right on top of it, and hodges a few metres back, and thought 'theyve got this' and not given it a second thought. just because thaiday got there doesnt mean he should be congratulated. he should have got there 5 seconds earlier at the minimum, and possibly even have gotten out into the field of play.

Not sure about that. Queensland teams usually always chase to help out anyway, regardless of who may be sprinting or dordelling. They nevet think "they got this". Thats the NSW attitude (with a prime example being the Willie Tonga try a couple of years back). Would've loved to have seen a better effort from Hodges and Thaiday though I agree.

Yes they probably should have shown a bit more urgency but a second rower getting back to cover a kick to the corner is still a pretty good effort in my books.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Matheos
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.