Thaiday out of game 2

If this means that we use Taylor as the runner on plays where we use Thaiday, then I actually think this could work in our favour. Can you imagine defenders having to choose whether to take Taylor or Hodges or Slater coming around the back? With Tate keeping his width on the sideline. I think for our attack this will work well.

Defensively speaking it's a bit of a loss, but I don't think we lose too much from it. An injury to our spine or backs would have been more problematic.

Any word on if a reserve forward is being brought in to stand by for Matt Scott etc.?

May not be necessary. Scott seems pretty adamant he wants to play. "Do it for mum" mentality.

May not be necessary. Scott seems pretty adamant he wants to play. "Do it for mum" mentality.

Yeah, I fully expect Scott to play, but you never know what might happen in training (or what lengths NSW will go to!). But yeah, given they put Barba in the camp, I thought maybe this was a chance to do the same for Josh McGuire or Sam Kasiano or Martin Kennedy. Use it as a chance to introduce them into the set-up etc.

Lillyman is our man if Scott or Harrison don't end up playing.

If Taylor is replacing Thaiday then it'll definitely be a loss.

All fine and dandy in attack but in defence he's going to struggle.

Yeah, I fully expect Scott to play, but you never know what might happen in training (or what lengths NSW will go to!). But yeah, given they put Barba in the camp, I thought maybe this was a chance to do the same for Josh McGuire or Sam Kasiano or Martin Kennedy. Use it as a chance to introduce them into the set-up etc.

Unless there's an injury during the weekend, I imagine they'll just call up a standby into the squad on Monday.

i actually prefer Parker there over Thaiday. Thaiday has been poor for basically the entire season. still got his butterfingers, still lazy in both defense and attack.

Parkers a great defender, and we need someone like him in the middle this game IMO. thats where bird and farah were making in roads in game 1, so we need to stop that before it begins in game 2. i love thaiday in origin, but he has been pretty badly out of form IMO. we will be a stronger team without him.

im not happy though, as Parker is my fantasy league captain lol.

I'm not that concerned that Thaiday is out, he was OK but not that good in Origin 1 and his form for the Broncos hasn't been great. We may lose some aggression, but Parker will do a great (if not better) job in Thaiday's place. I dont think Taylor should start, he should stay on the bench as an impact weapon. Parker will be handy starting and should get through a mountain of work in the first 20min or so before the interchanges start. Plus, he should provide some good go-forward in those early stages if Petero and Scott fail to do so like in game 1.

But if Thaiday is out, who's going to be 3rd Man in?
Hurr durr... Derp! :rolleyes:

As others have said, without a doubt this may be a blessing in disguise, given Thaiday's form of late. Parker will tighten up the ruck, while Taylor could be the x-factor in the fringes next to Hodgo.
The bit I'm worried about is having Taylor and Cronk defending on the right side. They both will have to bring their defensive A-game against a very good blues outfit!

Parker needs to start the game at lock, with Harrison and Myles in the second row for the first 20, 25 mins. I don't think Gillett or Taylor will be up to the defensive load during that time...

WOW.. Thaiday is seriously underrated by the looks of things. Parker will get the job done as a replacement but Thaiday is a loss no doubt about it.

He's not underrated, he's just not as effective in the role he's being asked to play this year.

I just hope Taylor gets plenty of minutes because Jennings and/or Morris depending on which side he is on will not be able to handle him running off JT, Slater, Smith and Cronk.

Yes Tate and his deadly attack whereby he tried to remove someone from the fight only to be king hit by a flying pussy.

Tate clearly should have been suspended for that. I think he tried to attack Jennings' fist with his head. Jennings deserved a medal for not retaliating after being the victim here.

For defence Parker is the right man. Problem is, that's why Harrison & Myles are in the pack. For attack, Macguire should have been the man called in.

We now have a very defense orientated pack, with a couple of impact forwards on the bench.

I'm worried.

Actually pleased to see parker in there. Like others have said he will tighten things up in defence. He will do an enormous amount of cleanup work and is in my opinion underrated for his efforts. Proven winner and proven when under the pressure of SOO. QLD were pedestrian in the first game and still were vastly superior to NSW. That's right,vastly superior.Take out Slaters off night and the cockies score no points at all. This after supposedly dominating the first twenty minutes. two fumbles gave them some hope but aside from that they were crap.

I was absolutely smashed on (legal) morphine at the time of the first game but was still able to make out the players who seemed to be lethargic( I had an accident earlier in the day,19 stitches in one gash and 9 stitches in another). It was like QLD had the flu, they just looked ordinary,slow and dull yet easily accounted for NSWs best.....it was best summed up by the fact a forward got MOtM....and his performance was, well okay.

Agree with those who are pleased to see Parker in there - Thaiday's injury may almost be a blessing in disguise. Parker's good on his feet and is probably better equipped than Thaiday to handle what NSW will throw at us in the ruck. But in saying that, Thaiday's still does a LOT of work. Can remember his chase to just beat Stewart to that grubber kick in Game I. It saved a try.

Be interesting to see who starts though. Reckon they should just throw Parker in the starting side, have him and Harrison play close to 80 minutes and just rotate the other three forwards pretty regularly.

Agree with those who are pleased to see Parker in there - Thaiday's injury may almost be a blessing in disguise. Parker's good on his feet and is probably better equipped than Thaiday to handle what NSW will throw at us in the ruck. But in saying that, Thaiday's still does a LOT of work. Can remember his chase to just beat Stewart to that grubber kick in Game I. It saved a try.

Be interesting to see who starts though. Reckon they should just throw Parker in the starting side, have him and Harrison play close to 80 minutes and just rotate the other three forwards pretty regularly.

For defence Parker is the right man. Problem is, that's why Harrison & Myles are in the pack. For attack, Macguire should have been the man called in.

We now have a very defense orientated pack, with a couple of impact forwards on the bench.

I'm worried.

Great! Now there'll be more ball for Inglis, Hodges and Slater which is from where our points will come

Active Now

• Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.