NEWS The alarming decline of Milford's biggest weapon

Sorry but i can't agree that a hole or backup runner can have a place in a important position. Also that he can't add to his arsenal, as a runner he should be studying defensive structures and weaknesses in defensivelines of teams.
I also believe we play way to flat for him , he needs space.
I don't disagree with any of that, except the characterisation of being just a hole runner. That is not what he is being tasked with though, is it?

I don't disagree with any of that, except the characterisation of being just a hole runner. That is not what he is being tasked with though, is it?

No it's not, but he shouldn't just be tasked with that either. I understand he should play to his strengths but he needs to progress as a player also.

Absolutely! That's where it starts, but not where it ends... as the mistakes are being compounded by not using the people we do have to their best ability imo.
Let me get this straight. You think Milford is a runner , play what's in front of you type player, why do you think he's not having any success with his running game? I'll tell you what I think. There are no holes to run into.

Let me get this straight. You think Milford is a runner , play what's in front of you type player, why do you think he's not having any success with his running game? I'll tell you what I think. There are no holes to run into.

No holes at all last year either? The difference between him now and in 15 was that he saw a hole of any size as an opportunity.

That sounds weird.

Question. Did Milford actually get worse under Wayne. His first year with us in 2015 he was electric. The only thing i can think improved was his kicking game.

Do you think he was curtailed or is it just Hunt had a poor 16 , 17 and Knick was just not up to it in 18 and this hurt Milfs game.

I am interested to find out if under Seibs Milfs running and off the cuff passing game returns.

Question. Did Milford actually get worse under Wayne. His first year with us in 2015 he was electric. The only thing i can think improved was his kicking game.

Do you think he was curtailed or is it just Hunt had a poor 16 , 17 and Knick was just not up to it in 18 and this hurt Milfs game.

I am interested to find out if under Seibs Milfs running and off the cuff passing game returns.

Rabbits attacking play come off fast explosive movements and I believe that will only work to Milford’s advantage. Seibold only needs to get Milford back into shape and fit.

I don't think Milford got worse. It depends on how you look at it.

You could say he got worse because his running game wasn't as good as it was in 2015. But then again, Milford has also made really good improvements in other areas such as his playmaking, his organizing, his defence and his kicking. I'm not saying he has mastered all of those and still has a lot of work to do, but he is improving.

We needed a half like that and it was on Milford to become that half because we clearly weren't signing one.

He got significantly better in in kicking, tiny bit better in some other areas, significantly worse in running. Personally, I would have preferred he was still a superb runner like before, Kodi beats him in this area quite easily now. You don't take a weight lifter and go - "I'm going to turn you into a chess maestro". He could continue to improve his passing game and organising game, but it probably won't be particularly good until he's in his early 30s IMO.

He got significantly better in in kicking, tiny bit better in some other areas, significantly worse in running. Personally, I would have preferred he was still a superb runner like before, Kodi beats him in this area quite easily now. You don't take a weight lifter and go - "I'm going to turn you into a chess maestro". He could continue to improve his passing game and organising game, but it probably won't be particularly good until he's in his early 30s IMO.

No, you don't get a weight lifter and turn them into a chess maestro if the goal is to life as much weight as possible. But this analogy falls apart because no player can exist for long on having a single skill. If the goal was to lift weight, be good at chess, and whole complex list of other skills, then yes, you would teach your weightlifter how to be better at chess.

First it was, "Milford needs to be the chief playmaker and work on his game management if he's on a Mil a year, plus his kicking game is shite"
Now its
"why is he becoming an organiser and kicker when he was better at running"

Can't win with you lot

First it was, "Milford needs to be the chief playmaker and work on his game management if he's on a Mil a year, plus his kicking game is shite"
Now its

Can't win with you lot

I've always said the latter, minus becoming the organising part - he might get there at 30+.

Now its

Can't win with you lot
Mate I am actually a huge Milf fan, he is my favourite Bronco after Jimmy. But one can look at 15 and the more recent years and see a change. I am more asking if Waynes direction was beneficial to him as a player or if not having confident 7's had an impact on the aspect of his game thats his biggest asset. Milf is one of our best attacking weapons and I would love to see him firing with that blistering footwork and just freak off the cuff passing/running game. His kicking was excellent last year and his defence now I think about it has definitely improved. The running game has and did suffer in comparison to his earlier years both as a Bronco and a Raider.

One of my biggest hopes with Seibs is he can help Milf to unlock or put all the pieces together to reach his potential. I truly believe he could be an all time great with the right balance and self belief.

Now its

Can't win with you lot

When Munster, who is far more limited than Milford despite the hype, is getting close to a mil then I reckon Milf is worth every cent we pay him. Not to mention horrors like Taylor and Hunt on over a mil.

One of my biggest hopes with Seibs is he can help Milf to unlock or put all the pieces together to reach his potential. I truly believe he could be an all time great with the right balance and self belief.

I agree, I think Milf has the highest potential of anyone in the NRL. Would be the best player in the game if he were to reach it

But guys, he's been working on his kicking game AND his game management skills and now he has both. Plus he still has his ability to run the ball. I think Milford will be the biggest improver over the NRL next year under seibold. And macca will start doing a lot more kicking as we know he's good at it, and doesn't have the speed. Seibold will see his strengths and weaknesses and get him to incorporate those into his game style

But guys, he's been working on his kicking game AND his game management skills and now he has both. Plus he still has his ability to run the ball. I think Milford will be the biggest improver over the NRL next year under seibold. And macca will start doing a lot more kicking as we know he's good at it, and doesn't have the speed. Seibold will see his strengths and weaknesses and get him to incorporate those into his game style
Thats exactly my hope.

God help me, but every time I see this thread title I just can't help but think of a shrinking penis

:crazylick:

Why is it that you guys assume that his running game suffered when he learnt to kick? Did he get his legs modified? Also remember JT started as an excellent runner then learnt to kick and organise. As Milf gets too old to step like that his other skills will keep him employed.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncoFan94
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • scobie
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.