The Anti-Bronco Conspiracy

Lots of insulting and not a lot of explaining why there’s huge differences between how the Broncos and other teams are treated at say, the judiciary, the pre-game check lists, play the ball speed etc.

What’s the argument claiming there is no conspiracy? And again, those claiming there isn’t are also those claiming the Broncos coach has systematically targeted anyone in the way of his own son.

I would just ask you to compare how we are treated to how other teams are treated, Dolphins for example. Kaufusi could have easily have got off and just got a fine but it went the other way.

I don't think there is a particular bias against us but it's hard to believe that there aren't biases at play. The NRL does a fairly inept job at mitigating these inherent biases, and is very prone to an overblown knee-jerk reaction to criticism from certain parts of the media. In the end I just don't think fairness is high on their list of priorities - they are focused on entertainment and marketability.

Also there's just a heap of incompetence and far too much inconsistency at most levels, which doesn't help their case.

lol

The Broncos are owned by the biggest media organisation in the country. You would think that if there was any conspiracy to dud its team then there would be stories galore, because it would be the biggest fucking scoop in the history of Australian sport.

Reason for differences in officiating, judiciary? People. Interpretations and errors are made all the time because that's what humans do. You honestly think that there is some secret ploy amongst the rugby league community to keep the Broncos down? Every team gets dudded.
*Dolphins with Kaufusi.
*Cam Smith getting rubbed out for the 08 GF.
*Raiders getting shafted in the GF
*Cowboys getting screwed by a 7 tackle set try against the Sharks.

Is there conspiracies against those clubs too????

It's honestly crazy, and I pity people who think there's some BS conspiracy against the Broncos. You're lives must suck.
Owned by a news company that makes more money when the Broncos are struggling..

None of those teams were dudded. Kaufusi earned four weeks, Cam Smith was a grub and deserved to be suspended every week, and the Cowboys conspiracy train was running wild, brother. Even earned themselves a premiership by complaining so much.

My life sucks so bad but at least I know the difference between you're and your. Good day to you, sir.

I would just ask you to compare how we are treated to how other teams are treated, Dolphins for example. Kaufusi could have easily have got off and just got a fine but it went the other way.
Flegler gets similar suspensions for hitting people with his chest. I dare say we are treated far worse.

There's no conspiracy, we just sucked because the club was poorly ran. And we sucked long enough that some people latched onto this. If we have a successful year the conspiracy talk will die down I think.

Its subtle things as well off the field.

Haas v Kelly, mild incident no police involved - suspension.

Latrell v Wighton, publicly fighting, both arrested, - no sanction.

This kind of stuff fuels the conspiracy fires and i love it.
Its fun believing in Aliens as well.

Its subtle things as well off the field.

Haas v Kelly, mild incident no police involved - suspension.

Latrell v Wighton, publicly fighting, both arrested, - no sanction.

This kind of stuff fuels the conspiracy fires and i love it.
Its fun believing in Aliens as well.
Which is where the actual answer lies. It might not be intentional but we are 100% treated differently to every other club in this competition and nobody here can actually, logically answer why.

Our owners are fine with it because they get clicks when there’s negative Broncos stories. The fans click on it and the opposition fans love it. When it’s a positive Broncos story only the fans want to read it.

I love a good conspiracy theory, some of them I have actually bought into. I just can't buy into this one because if it would make me never want to watch Rugby League again.

I just think the NRL is incompetent and has no consistency in punishments and such, combine that with times where they might be trying to crack down on something which I think is what happened with Flegler.

Owned by a news company that makes more money when the Broncos are struggling..

None of those teams were dudded. Kaufusi earned four weeks, Cam Smith was a grub and deserved to be suspended every week, and the Cowboys conspiracy train was running wild, brother. Even earned themselves a premiership by complaining so much.

My life sucks so bad but at least I know the difference between you're and your. Good day to you, sir.
See, there's really no point debating because you're not being serious if you think that. Was in fact two years in a row they were shafted in the finals after Foran's knock on.

Every team gets screwed.

I'll leave it there.

See, there's really no point debating because you're not being serious if you think that. Was in fact two years in a row they were shafted in the finals after Foran's knock on.

Every team gets screwed.

I'll leave it there.
What? I was being serious. Even Jonathan Thurston publicly claimed there was a conspiracy against them.

What? I was being serious. Even Jonathan Thurston publicly claimed there was a conspiracy against them.

I think that you've said that just proves it's an NRL wide thing, successful teams definitely end up on the right end of it, at the time the Cows weren't a very successful team.

If you conducted a survey across every NRL team they'd probably come back to you with a bunch of things where they felt wronged or unfairly treated.

I think that you've said that just proves it's an NRL wide thing, successful teams definitely end up on the right end of it, at the time the Cows weren't a very successful team.

If you conducted a survey across every NRL team they'd probably come back to you with a bunch of things where they felt wronged or unfairly treated.
Exactly this. Every single week without fail there are 8 fan bases that swear black and blue the refs systematically have it in for them, it’s not a broncos thing. It gets really tired and as has been suggested there is a very real element of being a sore loser to it.

Exactly this. Every single week without fail there are 8 fan bases that swear black and blue the refs systematically have it in for them, it’s not a broncos thing. It gets really tired and as has been suggested there is a very real element of being a sore loser to it.
It's not just on the field with us though. It's in the media

It's not just on the field with us though. It's in the media
I wholeheartedly agree with that and the Mrc/judiciary. But on field refs being corrupt is hogwash imo. Every single fan base is utterly convinced Ashley Klein hates them, when the fact is some most days he’s just simply not very good at his job.

I don't think there is an ongoing anti-Broncos conspiracy, per se. I just think the NRL wants an entertainment product that is based on maintaining a close competition. The Broncos are victims of their own success, and more recently have been pushed down a little to prepare fairweather fans for the entry of a new team in Brisbane.

If we're talking money, Brisbane is probably one of, if not THE most successful NRL club, so it doesn't matter where Brisbane sit on the ladder (though the talent tends to be high, so it isn't typically low), the viewer engagement remains high. Now, how does one ensure that a new club is successful on entry to the NRL, particularly in a one-team town? Have the current team run poorly. I think these lessons were learnt with the Titans (and previously Crushers). Who were close to Brisbane, had only marginal success on entry to the competition, and did not draw fans like Brisbane.
Contrast this to Melbourne, where the NRL was entering enemy code territory. They knew this requires a successful team, because when Melbourne slump, they don't have a strong fanbase to guarantee a good financial return.

I don't think it is Anti-Bronco, just dollars and sense.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.