The Ashes 2013

Marge the rains are here FMD

Now to flog em in the next 2

Spewing.. We were all over them and it decides to rain.

Peter Siddle has been terrific so far this series ... must admit I was leaning towards Jackson Bird taking his spot at the start of the series but he has been great .. he's a much better bowler when he consistently pitches the ball up ...

I think we have the team balance about right as well. So close to being 2-1 down or 2-1 up.

Must level the series now to show em we aren't to be fucked with

Peter Siddle has been terrific so far this series ... must admit I was leaning towards Jackson Bird taking his spot at the start of the series but he has been great .. he's a much better bowler when he consistently pitches the ball up ...

I also am guilty of calling for J Bird in the first test . Awoke to remove egg from face. I do rate bird though.

Bird comes in if Sids or Harris break down. Just need another team effort in the next couple if tests to build from

It's frustrating that we have almost 2 full test quality pace attacks (Bird, Pattinson, Cummins), but, at the best of times, only half a batting lineup prepared to concentrate and put the effort in.

I think with mental adjustments to the batting (learn to leave the good balls) we could be world no. 1

It's frustrating that we have almost 2 full test quality pace attacks (Bird, Pattinson, Cummins), but, at the best of times, only half a batting lineup prepared to concentrate and put the effort in.

I think with mental adjustments to the batting (learn to leave the good balls) we could be world no. 1

We are well stocked for bowlers atm but the apparent physical fragility of a few of them is a concern .. Pat Cummins is permanently injured, Pattinson can't go more than two tests without straining or breaking something, Starc has had his issues and Harris is squeezing the last drips out of his aging body .. In fairness, all of those guys, besides Harris, are still very young and so their bodies are probably still developing but it seems strange that ever since the sports-scientists stuck their noses in and came up with these fast bowler work load limits, our fast bowlers have been getting more and more brittle ..

Batting wise, hopefully what we're going through at the moment is making the people with power & influence in the game natinally re-think our approach a bit ... There's no doubt in my mind that 20/20 has compromised the abilities of batsmen to grind out long innings. But while ever India continues to dangle obscene financial incentives at anyone who can clear the fence, we're going to have young blokes choosing that pathway of money, hookers, drugs, booze & 'fixing' - aka the Indian Premier League.

The batting stems back to the state of domestic wickets as well as T20. No one can bat for long periods or push through the hard yards when a bowling attack has dried up your runs etc

Don't get me started about hookers. you should play each ball on it's merits

Can't stand Tim Gilbert, he clearly knows very little about cricket, and not much more about tv hosting.

Wish we could bottle Ryan Harris . The Justin Hodges of Australian cricket

Go to bed, 0/100.

Wake up and it's all over.

Really typifies Australian cricket. When we needed our batsmen to step up, only a couple of players were willing to put their hands up. It's all very trying.

Embarrassing, although losing 4-0 and 5-0 at home wouldn't be bad.

You might see retards like Sutherland and Inverarity fall on their sword.

Last edited:
Embarrassing, although losing 4-0 and 5-0 at home wouldn't be bad.

You might see retards like Sutherland and Inverarity fall on their sword.

Should've happened years ago and won't happen now. Inverarity must have compromising pics of someone cos the bastard will get to go out when he wants after he has fucked Australian cricket as much as he possibly can

Should've happened years ago and won't happen now. Inverarity must have compromising pics of someone cos the bastard will get to go out when he wants after he has fucked Australian cricket as much as he possibly can

In fairness guys I think we're just so pathetically weak at the moment it wouldn't matter who we had as our selectors because there's nobody better to select !

What's really disappointing is how many times we've had the poms on the ropes during this series only to let them smack us back for a standing 'eight-count' or KO us completely.. In the first test we had a 65 run first innings lead and had them 2/11 in their second dig - they end up making 375 ...
In the third test they were going nowhere chasing our 530, then we let their tail wag big time and we only end up leading by 150. Fourth test we start day three 5/220 but fold meakly and only lead by 30-odd ... then we have them 3-45 but again they win a critical juncture of the game with a big partnership and last night we've got them 8-for with the lead at 240-odd and allow Swan and Bresnan to get off and suddenly we're chasing 300 ... And then in the chase we're 0-109 & 1-145 and again, instead of kicking the door down we have it slammed back in our face.

Last edited:
I didn't think we would get the runs originally but to get to 3/174 and then just roll over really shits me. We are a poor team at the moment but our bowlers have managed to get us in to many winning positions but our batsmen let us down.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.