The Ashes 2013

If I had Watson's talent I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting it!

I think he was just genuinely interested to see if it was hitting any stump other than middle...:001_rolleyes:

Put down Rogers' dismissal to Watson too. Wasn't sure if he was not out so makes sure not to waste a review and needlessly loses his wicket because of it.

We are so fucking terrible.. And seemingly getting worse

honestly I'd take Kenya's top order over ours at the moment..

khwaja and Hughes are putrid IMO ... But who else do we pick??

Last edited:
That is annoying the **** out of me our middle and top order are just plain hopeless they can't score runs or put together a partnership to save themselves.

The Parallels between the Australian Cricket team and the Broncos is pretty eerie.

2006 - Ashes win, 16 tests / Premiership
2009 - Ashes loss / slump (lose a bunch of quality players 08/09)
2010 - Ashes loss at home / finish 10th, miss finals
11/12 - SA draw, smash India 4-0, Ponting retires / finals, Lockyer retires
12/13 - SA loss, SL win (nuffies), India 4-0 loss, pending Ashes loss / rubbish

Last edited:
Why has this thread gone so quiet? We're actually doing kinda well for once!

Khawaja bowled around his legs FFS... by an off-spinner.

Hard to see us winning this.. Our bowlers used up a lot of gas in that first inns and one and a bit days is not enough time for them to roll a quality test batting lineup..

In the days of Warne, McGrath and co. I'd have us at $1.02

Actually hope Australia doesn't get too funky with its declaration here.. Don't see the need to set England a target it'll be tempted to chase - IMO our best chance of bowling Eng out is if their batsmen are sitting on the splice and just batting to survive.. I think trying to bat out time is a recipe for getting out.. Personally have always found that when scoring runs rather than 'not getting out' is what you're mindset is when batting, the better .. The more defensive England is in its approach, the more attacking we can be with our tactics / fields... The last we want is to have to put men back protecting the fence if Pieterson et al get the scent of victory in their noses..

there's going to be plenty of time made up today and tomorrow due to all this bullshit stalling from England

Last edited:
Rainingin Manchester. A real chance of no play at all apparently. I expect an overnight declaration due to weather. I hope we get 50 overs at them at least today.

Yep, we have to declare now to be a chance of bowling them out.

If there is rain around, then it's all over (d'uh) but it'll also mean there is a chance that the humidity will help us swing the pill.

I'll be watching regardless.

The Poms are king of the dodgy tactics yet are the first to whinge about spirit of the game. I have never hated these English bastards so much. I can't wait to give it to them on day 1 at the Gabba this summer.

The Poms are king of the dodgy tactics yet are the first to whinge about spirit of the game. I have never hated these English bastards so much. I can't wait to give it to them on day 1 at the Gabba this summer.

Yep.

The Kiwi umpire said he offered Cook the chance to bowl spin as the light was fading, but Cook flat out said 'nup'

Fair enough i suppose, but don't bullshit and whinge about spirit of the game and the like.

Yep.

The Kiwi umpire said he offered Cook the chance to bowl spin as the light was fading, but Cook flat out said 'nup'

Fair enough i suppose, but don't bull**** and whinge about spirit of the game and the like.

I don't have a huge problem with that but they had been wasting time and dicking around their whole bowling innings. Not to mention their dodgy use of sub fielders.

Am already living for the day the worm turns back in our favour and we're beating these bastards into oblivion again... There is absolutely nothing worse than the poms when they're getting their smug on..

Last edited:
England batting exactly as I hoped they would - just looking to exist at the crease

Starc needs to bowl full and straight

Active Now

• heartly87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.