PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palasia has played his best footy when he's started, I think Flegler off the bench is a good move if Kev goes that way. Patty and Payne you'd expect to play big minutes.

Fingers crossed on Herbie, he will leave a big hole if he's missing come game day. We will need his runs against Penrith.

Palasia has played his best footy when he's started, I think Flegler off the bench is a good move if Kev goes that way. Patty and Payne you'd expect to play big minutes.

Fingers crossed on Herbie, he will leave a big hole if he's missing come game day. We will need his runs against Penrith.
It's his defence that I think is the biggest issue. Arthars has nothing on Herbie's defence at Centre. Herbie regularly makes 1:1 tackles that stick. Against Critter (depending which side they play him on)/Edwards running through that line, we'll need our best.

You can notice the lull in the team when they're both off. It's just inviting Penrith in if something doesn't change there.
I think the long minutes reduces Patty's output a little as well though.

He seems to pass more the longer he's out there... potentially not a bad thing to just have him out there directing things in the middle though.

It might be him playing within himself to get through the longer minutes as well... this week he might go all out knowing there's no next week

The more I'm thinking about it...imagine Payne for 80...he could do it too.

I don't think they will though, he has levelled up with his current minute split, why mess with it I suppose it.

All this talk of the middles cancelling each other out, I just think Payne / Patty are a level above even JFH and Yeo.

Remember how everyone was saying AFB, Barnett and Harris were going to cancel them out and then those two plus Flegs went screw that and destroyed them? I am expecting that again. I put AFB above JFH and while Leota is above Barnett obviously and Yeo above Harris, I still don't think they can match us.

Leniu is a a concern but he can't do anything if he is getting snapped by Kobe and he will be, repeatedly.

Icing it would probably indicate immediate damage. Ice for reducing swelling. If they're strapping it they're more likely just trying to keep it firm and compressed.

(tho there is the theory floating around icing restricts bloodflow which carries oxygen which helps repair muscles)
I just texted my physio mate (lol should have thought about it like 2 hours ago) and she was like:

1. get weight off it.
2. Ice
3. Compression.

He's strolling around shirtless haha

when we win gus will no doubt say i told you so i knew the broncos could get up they just needed to prove it, or some other inane shit where it's heads i win tails you lose.

Penriff bashed Parra for the first 15mins of last years GF. I’m not sure pushing Flegs back to the bench is a great idea.
This is the one game finally where Flegs can go nuts (well, tread the fine line..) Hopefully the whistle is put away and we certainly arent worried about any suspensions for next year.
I’d say there is a plan to give patty and Payne bigger minutes this week especially given the extended spell Kev gave Patty last week.
For mine, cobbo and staggs really need to step up on Sunday. They were both very quite last week and I want staggs to prove that he doesn’t go missing in the big games. Because as it stands, we have let the wrong centre go. Herbie has been spectacular this finals series.

when we win gus will no doubt say i told you so i knew the broncos could get up they just needed to prove it, or some other inane shit where it's heads i win tails you lose.
A lot of the "experts" have been waiting for us to fail all year. I would be more worried if they suddenly backed us.

Penriff bashed Parra for the first 15mins of last years GF. I’m not sure pushing Flegs back to the bench is a great idea.
This is the one game finally where Flegs can go nuts (well, tread the fine line..) Hopefully the whistle is put away and we certainly arent worried about any suspensions for next year.
I’d say there is a plan to give patty and Payne bigger minutes this week especially given the extended spell Kev gave Patty last week.
For mine, cobbo and staggs really need to step up on Sunday. They were both very quite last week and I want staggs to prove that he doesn’t go missing in the big games. Because as it stands, we have let the wrong centre go. Herbie has been spectacular this finals series.
I reckon this is the one week where Payne is going to go full Adrian Morley. Just **** shit up. He'll have no issues with JFH and Leota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.