PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I'm thinking about it...imagine Payne for 80...he could do it too.

I don't think they will though, he has levelled up with his current minute split, why mess with it I suppose it.

All this talk of the middles cancelling each other out, I just think Payne / Patty are a level above even JFH and Yeo.

Remember how everyone was saying AFB, Barnett and Harris were going to cancel them out and then those two plus Flegs went screw that and destroyed them? I am expecting that again. I put AFB above JFH and while Leota is above Barnett obviously and Yeo above Harris, I still don't think they can match us.

Leniu is a a concern but he can't do anything if he is getting snapped by Kobe and he will be, repeatedly.

Besides the middle rotation, we've also got Piakura to slot in - and Capes then to shift inside. Peeks has been a little quiet recently - I'd love him to come on with a good amount of minutes to go to warm into the contest. Imagine Mam, Walsh, Peeks, and Herb all coming at you down that right side.

Penriff bashed Parra for the first 15mins of last years GF. I’m not sure pushing Flegs back to the bench is a great idea.
This is the one game finally where Flegs can go nuts (well, tread the fine line..) Hopefully the whistle is put away and we certainly arent worried about any suspensions for next year.
I’d say there is a plan to give patty and Payne bigger minutes this week especially given the extended spell Kev gave Patty last week.
For mine, cobbo and staggs really need to step up on Sunday. They were both very quite last week and I want staggs to prove that he doesn’t go missing in the big games. Because as it stands, we have let the wrong centre go. Herbie has been spectacular this finals series.
Yea Staggs (and even Cobbo), sometimes have really great games or really poor games (lack a bit of consistency). We need them both to kill it on Suday.

Penriff bashed Parra for the first 15mins of last years GF. I’m not sure pushing Flegs back to the bench is a great idea.
This is the one game finally where Flegs can go nuts (well, tread the fine line..) Hopefully the whistle is put away and we certainly arent worried about any suspensions for next year.
I’d say there is a plan to give patty and Payne bigger minutes this week especially given the extended spell Kev gave Patty last week.
For mine, cobbo and staggs really need to step up on Sunday. They were both very quite last week and I want staggs to prove that he doesn’t go missing in the big games. Because as it stands, we have let the wrong centre go. Herbie has been spectacular this finals series.
Also that grand final was depressing. The atmosphere started well, but then it really died down by half time once all the parra fans started leaving early... I better not see any Broncos fans do that.

Travis Meyn saying we should be thanking the Phins for our GF appearance... lol

It's actually a good angle if you read it.

The Broncos did improve everything this year, on-field and off-field and the Dolphins did motivate them.

Everyone at the Broncos was on notice and had to lift a gear.

They say competition is good in business and this couldn’t have been truer in the case of the Broncos.

“We always had the view that another close team – we’re the only Brisbane team – and having that rivalry would be a benefit to us,” Morris said this week.

“That has been the case.”

The Broncos’ off-field team was forced to work harder for the corporate dollar in town because the Dolphins hit the ground running with a commercially savvy CEO in Terry Reader, a former Brisbane executive who knows intricate details about his biggest rival.
On the field, the Broncos knew the Dolphins – albeit undermanned in their foundation season – were coming for them with Bennett at the helm.

The intensity lifted a cog at Red Hill heading into the pre-season after Brisbane’s dreadful 2022 fade out.

He's 100% right.

You never make a Grand Final because of one thing, and he doesn't say that, but I think the Dolphins did contribute.

I reckon this is the one week where Payne is going to go full Adrian Morley. Just **** shit up. He'll have no issues with JFH and Leota.
I hope so.
If we cast our minds back to last year when Payne wanted a release, we were told it was to do with wanting to play finals footy. And again this year through the negotiations finals footy was the hot topic.
Well, we are here Payne. It doesn’t get any bigger than Sunday.
Fingers crossed he unleashes and we see aggression from him we haven’t seen before. He was great again last week but I want to see him go to another level on Sunday.
Let’s see him settle this ‘who’s the best prop’ discussion.

Think Mariner has been out for a fair while with an ankle syndesmosis... so I doubt he's healthy, but if he is he's probably not match fit anyway
Mariner was subbing for Herbie today.

Kevvie says Walsh and Farnworth will both right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.