PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't load for me. What is it...

Keary touched on this on 360. Essentially said that it's possible to do (formulate and execute a specific plan against a specific structure), but you need a pretty high IQ team to do it.

I guess it's really what the coaching staff think the players will react to best. That's probably one of Kevvies strengths - knowing the players (what Seibold essentially failed at). I think for some players like Reynolds, Capewell, Carrigan, etc it might work. But for other players (like Cobbo) it should be kept simple.
And he'll know that after being coached by Wayne to 5 premierships.

Personalities and how to get the best out of them.

His leaders are the ones that get the gameplans... give the rest simple instructions and a role to perform.

Keen as. Driving down for the game. We just need to reduce our errors and defend well.

I was looking through the video and last time against panthers at Suncorp, Staggs rushed up and missed on two occasions. One directly leading to a try, and the second creating a line break which resulted in a try two plays later. He did the same thing last week against the warriors.

We need Staggs to wake up a bit defensively and stop rushing in and leaving a huge hole. Points will be hard to come by so one or two bad individual misses can really cost us against panthers. We need to be on.

Penrith are the safe pick for the win, but I think we have more points in us if we can just defend well,

One of my real pleasures this week has been all the other guys at my work who support other teams (1 dragons / titans, 2 bulldogs, 1 tigers, 1 rabbits, 1 storm) and typically "hate tha broncs" are begrudgingly getting on the Broncos bandwagon because they can't stomach the thought of another Panthers win. It has been glorious welcoming them to 'the dark side'.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

One of my real pleasures this week has been all the other guys at my work who support other teams (1 dragons / titans, 2 bulldogs, 1 tigers, 1 rabbits, 1 storm) and typically "hate tha broncs" are begrudgingly getting on the Broncos bandwagon because they can't stomach the thought of another Panthers win. It has been glorious welcoming them to 'the dark side'.
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
Haha yea, going to the game with a Roosters fan who never backs the Broncos (because of me), but is looking to back them cause he doesn't want the Panthers to have a 3 peat (and have one over their own back to back).

Well in my household you have me backing our team and my mum is getting on the broncos bandwagon since her team got their second wooden spoon. The Cats obviously go for the Broncos Rosie is more of a broncos supporter than Jack is

I've been thinking...Melbourne really intrigued me last week and kind of confirmed what Parra do well against Penrith - attack from long range and offload everywhere...is it a coincidence that this has become our strength? Kevvie has been saying for a long time Penrith is the pinnacle...I wonder of our side's strengths have been tailored specifically to deal with this team. Just a thought.

I remember in 2021 Penrith were flying, lost 3 games all year, were beating most teams by 20+ points and won the comp.
We finished 14th that year but only lost to the Panthers by 6 and 8 points and I was thinking then similar to your thoughts, that Kevvie had a game plan to beat the pinnacle. We just didn't have the players to do it back then.

2022 - we lost 40-12 but half time it was 12-6, the 35th minute we lost Tesi when they scored their second and we played without Haas, Carrigan, Herbie, Flegler and obviously no Mam and Walsh.

2023 - we win without Walsh and lose 15-4 without Reynolds.

Our record against them under Kevvie isn't all that bad, we may only have one win but we've been able to match it with them when we haven't had the players to get us over the line.
With what we have now I really think we are a big chance.

Hope it's a lot of Broncos fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • marw
  • Browny
  • LGH
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.