PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the cringey articles come out about Walsh with headlines like ā€œin major troubleā€ and ā€œcould miss the grand finalā€. Seriously NSW is that the best youā€™ve got?? šŸ™„

Patty on his BFF Nathan:

ā€œHeā€™s just an awesome dude, everyone knows what he can do as a footy player, but heā€™s just a good person as well. We hit it off. Penrith and Nathan are a really good success story at the moment, but weā€™re on our own journey at the Broncos, and I guarantee you on Sunday when that whistle is blown, it will be on.ā€​

Nathan on his BFF Patty:

ā€œThere were a lot of great memories, but weā€™ll be looking to create memories of our own on Sunday. A lot of guys had families in camp and were going home or on their own trips, so we decided to go travelling together. We were barely recognised wherever he went. Even when we were in Manchester for the Cup, not many people recognised us. This time last year we didnā€™t really know each other. Heā€™s one of my mates now. Last year was a last-minute thing, so who knows, weā€™ll see what happens again this year.ā€​

Seeing all the cringey articles come out about Walsh with headlines like ā€œin major troubleā€ and ā€œcould miss the grand finalā€. Seriously NSW is that the best youā€™ve got?? šŸ™„
Curious to see the link where it says he could miss the grand final? Most of the articles I have read have just said no big deal but he should know better than to retaliateā€¦all seemed pretty fair.

If any Broncos fans in the Bondi area tonight keen for a beer to calm the nerves before tomorrow, let me know

Curious to see the link where it says he could miss the grand final? Most of the articles I have read have just said no big deal but he should know better than to retaliateā€¦all seemed pretty fair.
Hereā€™s one of them - thereā€™s no actual substance to the article over whatā€™s already been reported.

Most important things for mine tomorrow is while containing Yeo's passing game would be nice if we can keep our mistake rate down and our completion rate above 80% and Staggs not sprinting up in defence when defending on our line and exposing Cobbo we are in with a chance.

It is laughable. Teddy got a fine for blatant racism, and Taylan May got to serve his ban after the season for assaulting someone with their back turned.

Walshy with the your mumma joke and Sydney collapses.

Had to laugh at this bit in a SMH article about Mam.

"Walshy is the most popular. Pretty Riki [Jordan Riki] is also popular, as is ā€˜Jesusā€™, who is better known as Pat Carrigan. I love these boys. A win on Sunday would mean everything.

ā€œAnd, yes, Iā€™m sure, Iā€™ll find a space for another tatt.ā€

And to counter that Gould is tipping Panthers by 20
In fairness, if we donā€™t defend well and cede errors, resets in our 20 thatā€™s possible.
We can all get a bit carried away, but letā€™s first and foremost respect the panthers for what theyā€™ve done. 4th consecutive GF is incredible.

Then we need to match them in the battle, then take our opportunities when they come. We can definitely win this too but we do need to have as good a game as weā€™ve played.

In fairness, if we donā€™t defend well and cede errors, resets in our 20 thatā€™s possible.
We can all get a bit carried away, but letā€™s first and foremost respect the panthers for what theyā€™ve done. 4th consecutive GF is incredible.

Then we need to match them in the battle, then take our opportunities when they come. We can definitely win this too but we do need to have as good a game as weā€™ve played.
Firstly Gould said we can't win because of our defence, we have proven that otherwise this season. He then went on to say we are too inexperienced, ignoring the fact we have players who have been there before and rep players as well. Getting carried away is a two way street, success can also lead to complacency and underestimating your opponents doesn't help either. I don't underestimate the Panthers, I expect a tough affair, but that goes both ways.

Both games this season between two sides have been much closer affairs then 20 point margin than Gould is suggesting, even the 15-4 win to the Panthers in the second match was only 8-0 at halftime.

Piakura reminds me of Billy Crudup in Almost Famous

Firstly Gould said we can't win because of our defence, we have proven that otherwise this season. He then went on to say we are too inexperienced, ignoring the fact we have players who have been there before and rep players as well. Getting carried away is a two way street, success can also lead to complacency and underestimating your opponents doesn't help either. I don't underestimate the Panthers, I expect a tough affair, but that goes both ways.

Both games this season between two sides have been much closer affairs then 20 point margin than Gould is suggesting, even the 15-4 win to the Panthers in the second match was only 8-0 at halftime.
The same doofus said the cowgirls had chance to be in the top 8

I'm gutted to say the least but it looks as though I'll miss part of the first half.
I'm currently at work which is an offshore facility.

It just so happens we have a muster for exercise planned around then which means getting into lifeboats etc.
FFS! šŸ¤£

So old Gus reckons JFH wont be worried about taking on Payno. Haas wont be worried about their forwards either. The media like to call Payne an enforcer, which he just isnt. He's never been the type of forward to make a point of taking on the opposition individually so i dont really get why they are going with that narrative. He just goes and does his job every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • davidp
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bazza
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Astro
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.