The big thing we are overlooking

Donaghy will be running the show.
We'll see, fingers crossed he does. Hopefully he will come in and go about a clean out of our higher-ups. Most people doing their job as poorly as ours have would be gone form their job by now. It'd be insane to hand them the responsibility of fixing their mess.

Serious? Stats?
NRL website.

Jeez 'one set Lexy's ' missed tackles and ineffective tackles is murderously damning for a Bronco player let alone our captain. That is quite a disgrace on the face of it.
He complained about being injured and not being able to contribute last year. This year he's on the field but doing next to nothing.

Jeez 'one set Lexy's ' missed tcakles and ineffective tackles is murderously damning for a Bronco player let alone our captain. That is quite a disgrace on the face of it.
Its pretty freaking disgraceful.
I dunno if the Broncos can drop him completely, he's one of the very few players with experience, but he can't be starting with stats like that.

I dunno if the Broncos can drop him completely, he's one of the very few players with experience, but he can't be starting with stats like that.

I would like to see McGuire return this season and play prop off the bench which could then push TPJ into Lexi’s 11 jumper - depending on injuries and form he can ride the pine or play Q cup.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. McGuire
15. Flegler / Bullimor
16. Carrigan
17. Glenn / Paix

Protected species and he knows it

In all these years, as a powerful wealthy club we have either failed to recruit effective 1, 7, 9 whilst Melb go from Smith to Grant and Slater to Papa...we are either terrible at recruitment or development tor both.

In all these years, as a powerful wealthy club we have either failed to recruit effective 1, 7, 9 whilst Melb go from Smith to Grant and Slater to Papa...we are either terrible at recruitment or development tor both.

Billy Slater turned Paps from a small but fast back into what he is, and he will tell you himself. Smith will probably do the same for Grant and has done so already while playing.
Cronk is still working with Melbourne’s halves.

The Big 3 will continue to benefit Melbourne well into the future.

We don’t have that luxury unless we want Macca to come back and teach our hooker, and Boyd to teach our fullback.

We have Locky, who’s only job should be a halves coach but our half didn’t want it and Locky doesn’t seem to have much interest in helping.

Our recruitment has centred on under 15s players that can score 100m tries at every position. Psychology and nature of a player has been a second thought which is why we are always collapsing and not in effort plays. Welch and Bromwich (now) aren't athletic but they are used properly, are very strong mentally and in effort.

Our recruitment has been shockingly bad for years.
Nailed it. Signing the kids purely off a try scoring list is just lazy we are seeing the results on a weekly basis. Storm never seem to sign the so called junior guns. What they do better than anyone else is identify the juniors that have enough ability, but also have a work ethic & determination to pay the price of succeeding. Big kid that just runs over smaller kids has nothing when those smaller kids get bigger.

3 people have failed. White, Nolan and the coach. Bennett and Seibold both played hands in some some ridiculous contracts. Whites got one foot out the door and Nolan will get tapped on the should when the new CEO officially starts. I don’t think his 3 year contract will save him, he should get a pay out and a boot up his arse on the way out. If this new CEO has half a clue he will already know where to start fixing our horrendous recruitment and retention issue ( by fucking off the one guy who is supposed to be managing it). Stories of Nolan’s **** ups are infuriating and I’d like to think our new CEO will feel the same.

there is something to the fact we throw overs at our development players once another club comes knocking...

makes me think either their parent or managers "encourage" such rumours to come out becuase it guarentees a pay day from Brisbane for all involved.

Ive banged on about this for a while; we need NRL experience in this roster; we have the money come this off season.

Im seeing more and more posters acknowledge this too. Current retention policy is flawed, destroying careers and chewing up our salary cap.

If young players "wants" to become a Bronco then they'll stay for unders. Otherwsie....they can go...

Simple as that....we need buy-in, commitment and dedication with a desire to wear the jersey.

there is something to the fact we throw overs at our development players once another club comes knocking...

makes me think either their parent or managers "encourage" such rumours to come out becuase it guarentees a pay day from Brisbane for all involved.

Ive banged on about this for a while; we need NRL experience in this roster; we have the money come this off season.

Im seeing more and more posters acknowledge this too. Current retention policy is flawed, destroying careers and chewing up our salary cap.

If young players "wants" to become a Bronco then they'll stay for unders. Otherwsie....they can go...

Simple as that....we need buy-in, commitment and dedication with a desire to wear the jersey.

Absolutey managers use the media as their tool. Saves them having to say it in a meeting, its a free pass leverage tool. It takes balls for a club to stick to its guns, which we havnt done for a few years.

Reynolds is a bum. He offers nothing other than a kicking game.

Turpin made almost 60 tackles on the weekend with 0 misses. In a team that can't tackle, that's pretty important to keep.

Hynes is average too. The way some of you lot rate certain players is just so strange. The absolute #1 priority signing should be Joey Manu.

Turpin's defence is excellent, mostly, no argument from me there. However, his attack is shit. He is for me, the most uncreative, unimaginative hooker going around. These days, everything starts from quality dummy half play. At the moment, he is not quality. Maybe he has it in him. If so, it's about time he showed it.

Reynolds would be for mine a great buy if Milf goes at the end of the season, or even before. Our halves are for mine, basically rookies, playing in a rabble. Like the pass Dearden tried to get to Niu I think, but Riki got in the way, the ball hit him, and Storm came up with the ball. We need experience and good management and Reynolds delivers that. Not flashy but neither was Shane Perry.

Hynes adds footie smarts - excellent positional play and a good all round game. We could do a lot worse, but he's a lot better than Isaako - average at best as a FB.

Turpin's defence is excellent, mostly, no argument from me there. However, his attack is shit. He is for me, the most uncreative, imaginative hooker going around. These days, everything starts from quality dummy half play. At the moment, he is not quality. Maybe he has it in him. If so, it's about time he showed it.

Reynolds would be for mine a great buy if Milf goes at the end of the season, or even before. Our halves are for mine, basically rookies, playing in a rabble. Like the pass Dearden tried to get to Niu I think, but Riki got in the way, the ball hit him, and Storm came up with the ball. We need experience and good management and Reynolds delivers that. Not flashy but neither was Shane Perry.

Hynes adds footie smarts - excellent positional play and a good all round game. We could do a lot worse, but he's a lot better than Isaako - average at best as a FB.
He seems to be going backwards to me..runs the ball less and less active in attack

He seems to be going backwards to me..runs the ball less and less active in attack
He doesn't probe the defensive line looking for opportunities before selecting the pass. At the same time though, our poor attacking shapes aren't helping much. Maybe when they improve we will see Turps improve. However, I doubt it.

Excellent post however, you need to provide something to buy into and so long as the idiots responsible for this mess are still there, and some of them are, what difference will playing hard ball make?

I think they’re all connected. I too would like to see Turps do a little more, he has a decently good kick out of dummy half, but our chase sucks. but I feel his strengths are being alive to offloads and being in the right place during an ad-lib, not so much creating on his own.

But I can’t ask him to take control the team, which people are sort of expecting because our halves don’t do shit. He too is only at around 30 games, how many hookers do that without an experienced half? He will get there, but it will probably be in a year or two unless it’s forced upon him earlier.

it’s another symptom of the halves not being settled. Who’s running the team? Is it Milford? Is it Croft? Is it Dearden? They call the plays, which means Turps needs to know who he’s passing to and when, as do the forwards by extension. If he goes himself and it comes off, well great. If it doesn’t, then it’s selfish footy and continues to look like we don’t know what we’re doing.

Kevvie needs to pick his dominant half and make him and Turpin know each other’s game and thinking inside out and start taking ownership of the team

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.