The Broncoman NSW verbal diarrhea thread

Don't worry. We take none of your posts seriously.

Re: The Broncoman, Rock et al NSW love thread

As requested by Broncospwn

Passion has never won a State of Origin game the players performances and how the game pans out decides it. It was easy to portray NSW as passionate when Harrogan, Lazarus, Fittler, Daley, Ettinghausen and Johns were playing but in reality they were the difference just like Billy Slater, Darren Lockyer, Jonathen Thurston and Cameron Smith have been for the Maroons. Passion isn't a factor they all have it.

This isn't the start of the thread just a preview that was requested. Don't take this post seriously.

I'm underwhelmed. It's The Phantom Menace all over again.

Inspirational effort and well done to the QLD players of that series.

I agree that is the biggest upset in Origin history but anyteam can beat anyone on their day. The Gold Coast beat Manly on the weekend, Cronulla have won 5 games straight and Parra's only win this year came against Manly, and also the Broncos beat the Tigers 28-14 in 2002 with a team that conspired almost entirely of QLD cup players. Anyteam can beat anyone.

Last edited:

1. Billy Moore screaming QLDER as the team comes down the tunnel
2. Mal's swear word riddled pregame speech about not letting eachother or the state down as captain
3. Calling Cattle Dog in the first scrum despite knowing it would cause a brawl
4. Carl Webb destroying Luke Bailey 3 times in 5 minutes with a Q shaved in his skull
5. The Axe playing after spending the previous night on a drip
6. Paul Bowman making a several tackles with an ACL injury because we were already short of troops amd because he was desperate to not let his mates down
7. King Wally get stuck into MG despite being double his age and half his size

That is just off hand there areany more examples

1. Billy Moore screaming QLDER as the team comes down the tunnel
2. Mal's swear word riddled pregame speech about not letting eachother or the state down as captain
3. Calling Cattle Dog in the first scrum despite knowing it would cause a brawl
4. Carl Webb destroying Luke Bailey 3 times in 5 minutes with a Q shaved in his skull
5. The Axe playing after spending the previous night on a drip
6. Paul Bowman making a several tackles with an ACL injury because we were already short of troops amd because he was desperate to not let his mates down
7. King Wally get stuck into MG despite being double his age and half his size

That is just off hand there areany more examples

Another one. When we had a thousand injured players in 1989, before play resumed in the first half, Wally walked the team over to the injured troops and said "This is who we're doing this for". That's passion.

In fact that whole game is an example of Queensland's passion.

You're delusional if you think QLD players are more passionate than NSW players. You underestimate Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jonathen Thurston, Greg Inglis, Petro Civonieva and Sam Thiaday. Thats talent not passion. It's all a myth. Brizz Billy moore represented NSW under 16's if you didn't know that. He was so passionate about playing for QLD because he played for a team that hadn't won a premiership for 70 years.

QLD have had a better team with the best players in the spine. That's why they have dominated.

Last edited:

Inspirational effort and well done to the QLD players of that series.

I agree that is the biggest upset in Origin history but anyteam can beat anyone on their day. The Gold Coast beat Manly on the weekend, Cronulla have won 5 games straight and Parra's only win this year came against Manly

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Manly just suck?

You're delusional if you think QLD players are more passionate than NSW players. You underestimate Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jonathen Thurston, Greg Inglis, Petro Civonieva and Sam Thiaday. Thats talent not passion. It's all a myth. Brizz Billy moore represented NSW under 16's if you didn't know that. He was so passionate about playing for QLD because he played for a team that hadn't won a premiership for 70 years.

159356-jamie-lyon.jpg

Manly's dissapointing performances has shown how anything can happen in Rugby League. I'm just giving my opinion so you don't need to bash me for it.

Manly's dissapointing performances has shown how anything can happen in Rugby League. I'm just giving my opinion so you don't need to bash me for it.

If you had any ounce of intelligence you would realize my post was actually bashing Manly.

P.S. This post is bashing you.

You realise junior teams are picked by residency so when Billy Moore got to senior footy he played for whom he wanted/was supposed to play for. You have no actual argument besides us having a good team now even though the vast majority of my examples were prior to the current "golden era" and even then give me a Crocker or Myles over a Creagh or Watmough.

"Plays with his heart on his sleeve" is a saying that can be given to most players representing QLD. The same can't be said for even the majority of NSW players.

So based on passion being nothing real, does that mean Gallen isn't passionate? He's just a good player?

I don't buy it. Gallen is both passionate about his state, and his club. He's a better player because of said passion. If he didn't feel proud, he wouldn't be half the player he is today.

Spot on Nashy, Gordon Tallis would have never played at the highest level if not for the passion he had for his club/state/country, wasn't naturally that gifted as a footballer nor was he a great athlete, the guy just bled for his jersey and his mates.

If you had any ounce of intelligence you would realize my post was actually bashing Manly.

P.S. This post is bashing you.

Of course I knew you were bashing Manly.

"Plays with his heart on his sleeve" is a saying that can be given to most players representing QLD. The same can't be said for even the majority of NSW players.So based on passion being nothing real, does that mean Gallen isn't passionate? He's just a good player?

I don't buy it. Gallen is both passionate about his state, and his club. He's a better player because of said passion. If he didn't feel proud, he wouldn't be half the player he is today.

Every NSW team has worn the heart on their sleeve and the one this year will be no exception. Agree with everything else you said though.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • The True King
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.