The Broncos Salary Cap: 2023 to 2025

Mam isn’t getting 1m and Jensen is great value but a dime a dozen prop. Capewell doesn’t deserve an upgrade, he’s on a fair deal

I can honestly see it. He wont get it here, but i think he will get it somewhere. As for Jensen, i think we will see how easy it is to replace a dime a dozen prop. Wont be as easy as you think.

I think Mam gets the million because of the lack of quality halves off contract. I dont think he is a million dollar player, but i think he will get it.
Well if he gets offered a million then I don't think we should try to match it.

Then it will be up to him to decide if he takes the mill and has to be the man now or if he takes unders to stick with broncos and develop whilst he has world class players around him.

Both scenarios are kind of like Luai and Burton... Luai took unders to stay with panthers and be a role player around Cleary, Yeo, etc, but now he's testing the market and is looking for his big pay day.

Whereas Burton took the coin at dogs and looks to be floundering... dogs have continued to pay him overs based on potential... but does he develop into a world class player under their system or does he become lost potential like Milf

Well if he gets offered a million then I don't think we should try to match it.

Then it will be up to him to decide if he takes the mill and has to be the man now or if he takes unders to stick with broncos and develop whilst he has world class players around him.

Both scenarios are kind of like Luai and Burton... Luai took unders to stay with panthers and be a role player around Cleary, Yeo, etc, but now he's testing the market and is looking for his big pay day.

Whereas Burton took the coin at dogs and looks to be floundering... dogs have continued to pay him overs based on potential... but does he develop into a world class player under their system or does he become lost potential like Milf

I dont either think we should. There is always a basket case club that will though.

They should be able bump up the salary cap surely

I can honestly see it. He wont get it here, but i think he will get it somewhere. As for Jensen, i think we will see how easy it is to replace a dime a dozen prop. Wont be as easy as you think.
Jensen has been in and out of the team. He’s definitely a handy player but with Haas re-signing his absence isnt going to ruin us. Sure he’s good depth to have but he’s only a wise moneyball signing for as long as he’s being paid undervalue. You could argue he deserves an upgrade but we shouldn’t be the ones to give it to him.

Taupau and Palasia can do what he’s being used for. Baker probably too. They arent that rare

Jensen has been in and out of the team. He’s definitely a handy player but with Haas re-signing his absence isnt going to ruin us. Sure he’s good depth to have but he’s only a wise moneyball signing for as long as he’s being paid undervalue. You could argue he deserves an upgrade but we shouldn’t be the ones to give it to him.

Taupau and Palasia can do what he’s being used for. Baker probably too. They arent that rare

I think they will be hard to find for a decent price. Palasia is gone so we wont have him. Marty hasnt been as good as Jensen and hasnt been brilliant. Fletcher-Baker is somebody we will have to make a judgement on once he is here. Looking at the props off contract, i cant see anyone who will do the job Jensen has for any less money.

Problem we have also is we are relying heavily on Haas and Carrigan. We lose one for any period of time, and our pack will struggle.

Yup some big decisions to make in years to come, and we need to brace ourselves for losing some we will want to keep. It's a necessary evil unfortunately.

Having said that, I don't think we can afford to lose Mam. When Reyno goes we have Mam and Madden. We lose Mam, who comes into #6? Sailor? In 2-3 years we want to put out halves of Madden and Sailor? I can't see it.

And please, people, don't say Walsh - he's a fullback. He is averaging 2.5 tackles a game. Force him to make the tackles Mam does and watch his attacking output shrink dramatically. We do not need nor want to shift him when he is one of the best players in the game. Maybe in years to come, MAYBE, but not anytime soon.

Walsh is like $1.3m-$1.5m... they will start the conversation with him being the highest paid bronco of all time and hopefully move from there and sort it out. I'd like for them to do it over the off season, but realistically they should leave it until next year as they work their way through the 2024 off season guys.

But I don't think Mam goes straight to $1m... If he was dropped into the tigers, dogs, etc. does he suddenly change their fortunes because they've offered him $1m to be a halfback for them?

Is he a 6 like Dylan Brown, Cody or Munster where they are key focal points of the team's attack and whether they win or lose.

I just don't think Mam is a game changer at this stage of his career... he could get there, but not yet... to me he's more a role player for us at the moment, which is fine because he's like 20... his support play is awesome and he's getting better at finishing off backline movements that come his way.

As he develops he'll start demanding the ball a bit more, which is when the big money should be coming... but as a current role player I'd hope we don't blow our load at all costs to retain him. I'd hope for a 2yr extension at a decent upgrade, which gives him room to upgrade again as he develops.

I think Mam gets the million because of the lack of quality halves off contract. I dont think he is a million dollar player, but i think he will get it.

Yup some big decisions to make in years to come, and we need to brace ourselves for losing some we will want to keep. It's a necessary evil unfortunately.

Having said that, I don't think we can afford to lose Mam. When Reyno goes we have Mam and Madden. We lose Mam, who comes into #6? Sailor? In 2-3 years we want to put out halves of Madden and Sailor? I can't see it.

And please, people, don't say Walsh - he's a fullback. He is averaging 2.5 tackles a game. Force him to make the tackles Mam does and watch his attacking output shrink dramatically. We do not need nor want to shift him when he is one of the best players in the game. Maybe in years to come, MAYBE, but not anytime soon.

I would love to keep Mam, but if he becomes too expensive (I think a contract around 500-700k is fair) Sailor would be a decent option to replace him with.

I would love to keep Mam, but if he becomes too expensive (I think a contract around 500-700k is fair) Sailor would be a decent option to replace him with.
I'd probably have Mam at 500k for the first year of his next contract atleast.
He should be getting a the big upgrade once Reynolds retires because that's when we will need him to step up.
As good as he is ATM we shouldn't be throwing a massive contract at him while he's still playing a supporting role.
I think we need to lock Mam up before Dearden gets resigned because once Dearden resigns Mam will be getting ridiculous desperation offers from other clubs.

You would be surprised how many 6s are getting a Million.

It's only 1 and thats Munster, considering his involvement, experience and still a bit away from rep footy, I think his next contract can be around the 550k mark for several years.

Mam is very young and should be using this time in a good team to build his reputation and skills that he can cash in later, I think he will only ever be a million dollar player here if he becomes a 7 which I don't see in his game atm, but it's very much early days.

I think the key is arey and walters if both are cheaper options in the spine then there is no reason at all that mam and walsh couldnt be upgraded,as for outside the spine it should be a mix of reasonable upgrades and next man up as required.

Must keeps:
Walsh, Patty

Should keeps:
Haas, Mam, Piakura, Staggs, Mariner

Nice to keep:
Cobbo, Mozer, Hetherington, Willison, Capewell, Te Kura

It is what it is:
Oates, Riki, Walters, Jensen, Smoothy, Sailor, Arthars

Excess:
Paix

Old:
Reynolds, Taupau

You would be surprised how many 6s are getting a Million.

It's only 1 and thats Munster, considering his involvement, experience and still a bit away from rep footy, I think his next contract can be around the 550k mark for several years.

Mam is very young and should be using this time in a good team to build his reputation and skills that he can cash in later, I think he will only ever be a million dollar player here if he becomes a 7 which I don't see in his game atm, but it's very much early days.
Dearden has apparently been offered 650k x 3 years by the Cows, that was last month and he's a free agent November 1st. Of course he's not a Bronco so it's not headline news every 2 days that he's "rejected" the Cowboys offer and might go to market.

I don't know where you would rank Dearden/Mam. I personally rate Mam higher but is he more valuable on the open market? I wouldn't think so, so Mam's market value is probably around the 650k mark.

Only if he looses his speed as Lockyer did when he got older and had injuries, should we move him out from fullback

Dearden has apparently been offered 650k x 3 years by the Cows, that was last month and he's a free agent November 1st. Of course he's not a Bronco so it's not headline news every 2 days that he's "rejected" the Cowboys offer and might go to market.

I don't know where you would rank Dearden/Mam. I personally rate Mam higher but is he more valuable on the open market? I wouldn't think so, so Mam's market value is probably around the 650k mark.
That seems way too low for where Dearden is currently at and his importance to that cows team.

He's next inline for origin and has already performed there... and he's the next focal point in their attack behind Drinkwater.

If they're claiming Ezra can get near $800k-$1m then Dearden should be getting more, because he's currently a better player.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Jason Simmons
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.