Do we keep Michaels or just cut him???
Is Sims worth the money he is on?
Te'o should be gone.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I would start with Cullen and Ryan.
Gorrell isn't being re-signed thank god.
Marsh should be released.
I'm not really sure on Setu. Maybe sign him for 1 more year on a cheap contract and if he doesn't perform next year then cut him loose.
I would release Sims but we don't have anyone to replace him so i guess we have to keep him.
I would keep Te'o.
Release Michaels. Maybe give him a job as waterboy if hes lucky.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Can't believe I'm gunn say this but keep Michaels, and get a good coach in his ear. Because who ever is helping him now smokes pole. The guy can play he has proved that in the past..... now hes just a sack full of wet rats with no confindence... and teach him to draw and pass while there at it.

I think the team we have is good, they just lack leadership and guidance. Motivation and passion need to be instilled. They need a good management and coach staff built around them. For me those to go would be... Head Coach, Defencive Coach, Forwards Coach and CEO.

Also can anyone answer this.

Why do we have feeder clubs, we hit a patch where we needed players, and we pulled them from the U20s..... why have these clubs 'on out books' if we are not prepared to us players from them. We could have used a forward with experience to help us out latly. No one flash, someone who is solid maybe getting towards the end of their carrier, someone who knows the drill and knows what needs to be done. And same with fullback and 5/8, I know of at least 5 players who could have filled those postions short term and done the job. So why have feeder clubs if we are not gunna use them?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Now with Hunt out of the picture we should be looking at getting some experience in our side.

I disagree Aeetee - I think we should let Michaels go... at best his a slightly above average flanker (if that) - no way on earth is he worthy of being a Broncos centre. Harsh but fair - let's get serious. He's not good enough - simple as that.

We need to get some boppers or some enforcers - never seen a Bronco pack so weak. The opposition don't fear them at ALL. AT ALL. Maguire looks promising and Kenny goes great - I think they have a good future at the Broncs but they don't scream intimidation or fear... I'm not saying you want a pack of lunatics but you do need a couple of hard heads in there to give the opposition something to think about. Whose available? I don't know but lets spend some money there IMO.

Sims - his first three games were WOW and nothing much after that. From what it looks like - it seems he didn't really adapt to the Broncs winning culture and to be honest I don't see much change in him as a player on the field from when he was at the dragons... and that is a bad thing. I reckon WB has something to do with this though...anyways. (He should sign for relatively less or similar money - not sure if he will)

Setu - geez. Maybe give him one more year - I want to see him when our team is actually traveling very well.

I'd keep Teo too.

Parker - hmmmm not a huge fan but if he's not on huge money...

Gorrell? I really dont rate this guy whatsoever... I don't see he's a first grader and especially not at the Broncos...

This is what really frustrates me... why do we have players that would probably make the lower tier teams? (With no disrespect to them - but seriously... can't believe some of the players going around in a Broncs jersey) We can't be that tied up in the cap!

D

Dessie

Mar 14, 2008
lyn said:
I'm not really sure on Setu. Maybe sign him for 1 more year on a cheap contract and if he doesn't perform next year then cut him loose.
I would release Sims but we don't have anyone to replace him so i guess we have to keep him.
I would keep Te'o.

Unfortunately Bruno has friends in all the right places and as a result his position is secure. The same cannot be said however for Ivan. He will be unfairly treated as the scapegoat for the debacle at Red Hill. Rest assured wheels have already been set in motion to oust him at season's end. He will have a few players and one or two support staff following close behind.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dessie said:
lyn said:
I would keep Te'o.

Unfortunately Bruno has friends in all the right places and as a result his position is secure. The same cannot be said however for Ivan. He will be unfairly treated as the scapegoat for the debacle at Red Hill. Rest assured wheels have already been set in motion to oust him at season's end. He will have a few players and one or two support staff following close behind.

promise??

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We need to keep the coach, and we need to do a Bennett style staff clean out and get some respect back into the coaches box.

And Cullen can suck my fat one.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
We need to keep the coach, and we need to do a Bennett style staff clean out and get some respect back into the coaches box.

And Cullen can suck my fat one.

Cullen is busy with the board members fat ones.. It is the only way he can be keeping his job.

I expect to hear a big announcement this week from the club regarding 2010.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What do you expect?

I expect absolutely nothing, except Cullen trying to talk about football. The only thing I can think, Locky to retire from rep footy.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
What do you expect?

I expect absolutely nothing, except Cullen trying to talk about football. The only thing I can think, Locky to retire from rep footy.

I don't know anything but I just can't see nothing happening at the club like someone will be sacked or we will sign someone because it has been way too bad for us to do nothing.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I want a no dickhead policy. Get rid of the players/administrators that are causing the biggest problems behind the scenes and create a group of good, decent guys. Guys that will put in the effort both on and off the field, won't get in any serious trouble, won't try to undermine the club, and will generally get along as a group.

The biggest problem is attitude. We obviously have too many arseholes in our team for these guys to want to play for each other. Sometimes you have to wonder if they want each other to lose [icon_shru

The young guys are easily lead. If they come into a culture like we have now, they'll turn out the same. If they come into a team where everyone treats each other with respect then they'll learn by example. The same could be said for individual players brought in from other clubs - they are likely to follow the crowd and try to fit in.

I really think this would go a long way towards improving our results. Get the culture right first, then look at who we've got left on our playing roster and how we can improve it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So basically try and follow the blue print the Bulldogs have laid out for us.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think the Swans actually implemented it first, to great success, but yeah the Bulldogs are a good example. Seriously underperformed with the likes of SBW and Mason in their team, and now going great guns having rebuilt the "family feel" around the club.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Te'o signed a new 2 year deal didn't he??

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
It seems like an interview question has been dropped from Simple Bruno's question sheet.

"Why do you want to play for the Broncos?"

Anything other than pride, environment, and everything the Broncos used to stand for should be an instant cya later.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
The Rock said:
Firstly, Teo can go - He's only be given a 1 year contract and he hasn't proved himself at all this year. That'll free up some more cash. Gorrell is already gone which is good. That's a little bit more cash. (Hey, it all adds up). Marsh needs to be gone too - Who else is off contract? I'd love Michaels to go, release him.

I think after this year, going onto next year we should have 500k (at least) in the kitty to spend for the 2011 season because there's no one decent on the market right now.

For next season we'll just have to tuggle along with the cavalry we got. We CAN make the 8 next year if we have the right attitude - We probably won't win the comp with the forward pack we got (unless Kenny and Clinton continue to improve and don't get injured next year).

We need to blood some others next year and try and rebuild for 2011. All I know is, we need a leader in our pack.

As for Ivan - Seriously guys, remember Matt Elliot last year? Fans calling for his head, left right and centre - Now look at them - They're in the 8, doing well, blooding some quality players and over-achieving. Now they all love him! Why can't Henjak do the same?

Te'o got re-signed already. Setu is off contract.
According to Cullen we have $0 left under the cap. [icon_shru [eusa_doh

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Apparently we have spent all our remandings on re-signing about 8 of our young guns and U20s including McCullough, BHunt and others.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So we have made no decent signings, we're losing far more than we have, and the only reason these young guys have been blooded is because of injury.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Swordfish
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • lynx000
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • RodF
  • winslow_wong
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.