Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
lyn said:
azza79 said:
NPK said:
We're screwed if we don't get any big signings for our forward pack for next season. It's a joke.

Does anyone know what forwards are still off contract and available for next season??
http://dazrl.awardspace.info
That site is not really 100% correct but if you take notice of the re-signings that get announced in the news/papers etc then you should figure out which ones are wrong or haven't been updated yet.

I just had a look at that website and here are some of the forwards that are off contract at the end of the year. from what i can tell they haven't been signed. i don't know alot about some of the players but there are a couple that would be worth making a play at. heres the list, what are everyones thoughts.

John Kite (Bulldogs)
Nigel Plum (Raiders)
Kade Snowden (Sharks)
Aaron Cannings (Titans)
Matt Cross (Storm)
Matt Scott (Cowboys)
Fui Fui Moi Moi (Eels)

Personally if we have the funds after offloading several under performing players, i would pull out all the stops to try to sign Matt Scott and Fui Fui Moi Moi to go with Kenny and Clinton... and IMO that would be a Brilliant prop rotation icon_thumbs_u

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Kite is a grub. I still remember him standing over Nick Emmett when he got injured last year and going on.

Moi Moi, Cross and Scott are the three best players in that list excluding Kite.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Cross signed with Manly already, Scott is close to re-signing I think and I can't see Moi Moi getting let go by the eels.
Dan Hunt, Scott Geddes or Tim Mannah wouldn't be bad signings.

J

joshobro

NYC Player
Jun 22, 2009
We really need a bit of experience if anything and a couple of hard nosed props do add a bit of balls to our pack of pussys!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
So? Does that mean we shouldn't sign him?

John Kite is a promising player, he would come real cheap too - Broncos should have a dig at him.

No, just that I'd rather not unless we've exhausted all other options.

Anyway I'm sure the Bulldogs apparently bottomless pockets mean he will be re-signed easily.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Matt Scott is still a chane at coming to the Broncos isn't he. Surely if we are offloading players we must have some players in our sights.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Not this year I wouldn't think Beads. Bruno has said in the Broncos magazine that there will be no new faces at Red Hill in 2010.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What is the point of getting rid of Clinton, Te'o, sims and Setu then ??

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fair call but with any luck he leaves with Te'o and co.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Did I hear somebody say Kade Snowden is off contract??

YES PLEASE! He is one of the best props going around at the moment & thats in an underperforming sharks lineup!

Future origin player IMO

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Shane Tronc. There would be no better buy for the Broncos at the moment. He's a big, hard working, no frills forward who's off contract and his team has told him they can't afford him.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Shane Tronc. There would be no better buy for the Broncos at the moment. He's a big, hard working, no frills forward who's off contract and his team has told him they can't afford him.
He has already signed with a ESL club.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I believe that to an extent, the potential of a player can be judged by the reaction of the fans when he leaves. Tigers fans were thrilled when T'eo was taken off their hands, but Dragons fans were pretty disappointed when Setu moved on. I'd be prepared to give him one more season based on what he showed at the Dragons. Te'o on the other hand...

Btw I realise that there are exceptions to this, like many of us (myself included) not being too fussed at Boyd moving on and being disappointed at losing Kemp.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
I agree with lyn.

Overall I agree Teo has been a little disappointing but he has shown some good signs IMO. Much better than Setu.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
True but I still think Setu will be a better player than Te'o. I don't care who is cracking jokes there is no way I could laugh after getting thrashed 56-0

Unread

Active Now

• Aldo
  • porouian
  • broncs30
  • Bucking Beads
  • Volvo Driver
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • rnabokov
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.