The Dolphins discussion

06770615 8D15 4DE9 96FB E47799EDFDF2

It’ll be funny to hear Bennett’s response to Munster using them for an upgrade. He was talking a big game about getting Munster

I must say, I'm well over the bit where people call the Dolphins the 'The'.

It was (somewhat arguably) clever for about fifteen minutes. It's gotten a bit old now. I mean, it's not even grammatically correct. If the joke is that 'The' is their location, calling them 'the The' is the equivalent of saying 'the Newcastle' or 'the Melbourne'.
People need to man up and just call them Redcliffe.

It’ll be funny to hear Bennett’s response to Munster using them for an upgrade. He was talking a big game about getting Munster

So he was talking about playing the long game regarding signings - is there anyone good available that is realistic in the next two years? All the big targets have been locked up it seems.

I wouldn't trust that. A club that proud would love their name, but they need to go along and play nice with the NRL. The NRL sounds like an asshole boss.

It's just so dumb. I can't see their end game with it.

I apologise to certain people on here that I'm about to offend ... but:

**** INSERT STORM BOAT JOKE HERE ****
"But what really sealed the deal was Tripp taking such a personal interest in the negotiations and the Storm king pin being prepared to offer a four-year $4 million deal."

Redcliffe offering 1.4mx4 years, Storm 1mx4 years.

Now I can't speak for everyone but there's not many people in this world who would choose the offer that is 1.6m dollars less, unless it isn't really that much less and you had a billionaire sports betting owner to help.

"But what really sealed the deal was Tripp taking such a personal interest in the negotiations and the Storm king pin being prepared to offer a four-year $4 million deal."

Now I can't speak for everyone but there's not many people in this world who would choose the offer that is 1.6m dollars less, unless it isn't really that much less and you had a billionaire sports betting owner to help.
Once you’re on a million.a year for the better part of a decade it probably doesn’t mean as much. He’s at a club and city he’s familiar with and had plenty of success at. This always gets pushback but Melbourne is probably the best location of all NRL clubs for young rich guys. Plus he’s likely one of the guys offered shares in his bosses new betting company.

Once you’re on a million.a year for the better part of a decade it probably doesn’t mean as much. He’s at a club and city he’s familiar with and had plenty of success at. This always gets pushback but Melbourne is probably the best location of all NRL clubs for young rich guys. Plus he’s likely one of the guys offered shares in his bosses new betting company.
Nah I don't buy that. Doesn't matter how much money you have 400k a year is 400k a year, that 1.6m could buy him two properties which would be easy long term income. The last line is the one that's under the table that we'll never know about unless they self report since the NRL auditors are useless.

Nah I don't buy that. Doesn't matter how much money you have 400k a year is 400k a year, that 1.6m could buy him two properties which would be easy long term income. The last line is the one that's under the table that we'll never know about unless they self report since the NRL auditors are useless.
Not after tax it wouldn’t

I apologise to certain people on here that I'm about to offend ... but:

**** INSERT STORM BOAT JOKE HERE ****

Look at you making it about a Storm player this time and not a Bronco that's got nothing to do with the Storm.

I think if Dolphins weren't new then they stand a much better chance. A brand-new team too many unknowns to leave your current team for no matter the money.

I think if Dolphins weren't new then they stand a much better chance. A brand-new team too many unknowns to leave your current team for no matter the money.
I think that would definitely come into play with some of the big names they're chasing.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.