The Dolphins discussion

If they are looking for a region name that encompasses sunshine coast and Moreton Bay they should consider below....

"Who are the Gubbi Gubbi people?

The Gubbi Gubbi people are the Traditional Custodians of the land located in South East Queensland, within the Moreton bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie region."

They could then just put "Moreton bay-sunshine coast underneath". Moreton Bay would still be my choice, or even Moreton bay-sunshine coast. All are better then this no area bullshit.
Moreton Coast Dolphins?

If they are looking for a region name that encompasses sunshine coast and Moreton Bay they should consider below....

"Who are the Gubbi Gubbi people?

The Gubbi Gubbi people are the Traditional Custodians of the land located in South East Queensland, within the Moreton bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie region."

They could then just put "Moreton bay-sunshine coast underneath". Moreton Bay would still be my choice, or even Moreton bay-sunshine coast. All are better then this no area bullshit.

Don't mind this. Get the NRL to put their "inclusiveness" policy to the test and have the first NRL team named after the indigenous people of the region.

If they were looking to target sunshine coast and Moreton Bay region maybe the Peninsula Dolphins that covers more of the coastal region and Brisbane Broncos covers more of inner Brisbane.
Peninsula Dolphins .....?? Mehhh........
Doesn't resonate any differently than Redcliffe Dolphins TBH.....

If we must....and there appears to be no way around this, I can live with the "Moreton Bay Dolphins". Seems like this will cover most of the area that it is intended to be in.

I find it amusing that The Dolphins themselves are saying that they will listen to "the people" when it comes to choosing their name. Well .....from what I can make of social media is that 90% of existing Dolphin fans want it to stay as the Redcliffe Dolphins. Funny to hear that we will listen to the people....but it can't be Redcliffe.

If we must....and there appears to be no way around this, I can live with the "Moreton Bay Dolphins". Seems like this will cover most of the area that it is intended to be in.

I find it amusing that The Dolphins themselves are saying that they will listen to "the people" when it comes to choosing their name. Well .....from what I can make of social media is that 90% of existing Dolphin fans want it to stay as the Redcliffe Dolphins. Funny to hear that we will listen to the people....but it can't be Redcliffe.

They will listed to THE PEOPLE from the NRL who tell them what to do.

Removing Redcliffe from the Dolphins name will surely leave a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of the Redcliffe faithful, I am sure they will support the team regardless but it's not what they would have been hoping for

Removing Redcliffe from the Dolphins name will surely leave a sour taste in the mouths of a lot of the Redcliffe faithful, I am sure they will support the team regardless but it's not what they would have been hoping for

Most people i know would prefer it to stay as Redcliffe, but at the same time they dont see it as a big deal at all just being called the Dolphins. As long as they dont try to wipe out the history of the club there wont be too many issues. They can still keep the clubs identity even without the word Redcliffe in the name.

I would much prefer Redcliffe in the name and everything I have seen is people wanting it and don't have a problem with it remaining as redcliffe.
I do think it will end up being Moreton Bay Dolphins tho and that's a big area because it can apply to Moreton Bay which goes from about Caloundra down to gold coast or Moreton Bay Shire

To me it’s like naming stadium; if they said the MCG was now Coke Stadium I wouldn’t care less I’d still call it the MCG.

People say Dolphins 99% of the time or Dolphins Oval no matter what they call it. The area part before won’t matter.

To me it’s like naming stadium; if they said the MCG was now Coke Stadium I wouldn’t care less I’d still call it the MCG.

People say Dolphins 99% of the time or Dolphins Oval no matter what they call it. The area part before won’t matter.

It is like when people say Cronulla, Easts, Auckland or quality league, none of them apply any more.

I would much prefer Redcliffe in the name and everything I have seen is people wanting it and don't have a problem with it remaining as redcliffe.
I do think it will end up being Moreton Bay Dolphins tho and that's a big area because it can apply to Moreton Bay which goes from about Caloundra down to gold coast or Moreton Bay Shire
I thought maybe as far as Gympie?

the SMH are trying to mislead everyone ... in a story about Bellamy issuing a "hands off" message to the Dolphins about his players , and saying that they shouldn't be tempted by money to join the new franchise.

they say that Grant is locked down for 2023, so can't be approached by the Dolphins (or anyone else for that matter) until November 2022 ... but that's not accurate. Grant's 2023 contract is a "Mutual" option. therefore he can talk to people about 2023 onwards now (he could then potentially decide he doesn't want to take up the option to stay at the Storm)

the SMH are trying to mislead everyone ... in a story about Bellamy issuing a "hands off" message to the Dolphins about his players , and saying that they shouldn't be tempted by money to join the new franchise.

they say that Grant is locked down for 2023, so can't be approached by the Dolphins (or anyone else for that matter) until November 2022 ... but that's not accurate. Grant's 2023 contract is a "Mutual" option. therefore he can talk to people about 2023 onwards now (he could then potentially decide he doesn't want to take up the option to stay at the Storm)
I don’t get what a mutual contract is. A contract where either party can opt out isn’t much of a contract at all

I don’t get what a mutual contract is. A contract where either party can opt out isn’t much of a contract at all

similar to a player/club option ... just both parties have to agree for it to come into effect.

if one party doesn't want to activate the option, then it becomes void.

not really sure the point of putting it in a contract though

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Turky Murky
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.