The Dolphins discussion

I can see why Bennett is confused.
Players are doing very well out of the Dolphins right now. Players go in for talks with them, the and their clubs have to overpay to keep them from moving to the Phins. Look at how much its cost the Storm to keep certain players for example.

Matterson would probably be crazy to not take that 4 year deal at Parra. They are getting desperate. They have lost Mahoney and Papalii becauce they wouldnt go over a certain amount and now they are panicking. He's a good player, but he isnt really as much as a miss to them as some of the other guys they have missed out on. Their forward pack is pretty solid as it is. Still wouldnt surprise me though if he goes to the Phins, its not a done deal with him at Parra.

Matterson pretty much had both feet out the door and was heading to the Dolphins. Now he's staying at the Eels after they came back with a 4 year deal.

Munster is going to turn down Dolphins and stay with Melbourne.

Very very few quality options within the next couple of years and frankly, if they aren't successful off the bat than they are going to struggle even more to attract quality players.

Probably Bennett's best bet is on November 1 get straight on the phone with Sam Walker and try to sell him his vision.

Thats complete and utter nonsense that will struggle if they aren't successful straight away. Anyone with any brains knows it takes time to build, especially with how they have been sold down the river by the NRL. Not every new side to the NRL is going to be as lucky as the Broncos were with the kind of players they will pick up.

I think what a lot of people are also forgetting is they will be able to use their junior system and they will start to keep some of their players they would have lost to the Broncos over the years. Its going to take them a while to build, but they arent going to panic just because they cant get what they want immediatly. Its taken them years and years to get this NRL spot and they aren't going to get carried away just because things aren't perfect from the start. They arent about to blow it by panic buying.

Thats complete and utter nonsense that will struggle if they aren't successful straight away. Anyone with any brains knows it takes time to build, especially with how they have been sold down the river by the NRL. Not every new side to the NRL is going to be as lucky as the Broncos were with the kind of players they will pick up.

I think what a lot of people are also forgetting is they will be able to use their junior system and they will start to keep some of their players they would have lost to the Broncos over the years. Its going to take them a while to build, but they arent going to panic just because they cant get what they want immediatly. Its taken them years and years to get this NRL spot and they aren't going to get carried away just because things aren't perfect from the start. They arent about to blow it by panic buying.
For me the biggest concern is that Wayne is only there for 2 years and everyone has seen what happens after Wayne leaves a club. The Phins to experience that 4 years into their nrl venture will be hard to bounce back from.

For me the biggest concern is that Wayne is only there for 2 years and everyone has seen what happens after Wayne leaves a club. The Phins to experience that 4 years into their nrl venture will be hard to bounce back from.

That's would be a worry, although knowing Wayne he could quite easily keep going. Probably their planning for that is going to be more crucial than their current recruitment struggles.

I think for their first 5 or 6 years if they can be in and around the 7th or 8th position that will be all they expect, then I think the players will start coming through their system to make life easier.

all the mistakes have been made by the tits and the warriors dont do like they do and you will be golden

That's would be a worry, although knowing Wayne he could quite easily keep going. Probably their planning for that is going to be more crucial than their current recruitment struggles.

I think for their first 5 or 6 years if they can be in and around the 7th or 8th position that will be all they expect, then I think the players will start coming through their system to make life easier.
We’ve both said this before but I feel like the NRL somewhat set them up to fail by only giving them 1 year notice. That’s terrible planning. It should almost be a 3-4 year process before entering the NRL

We’ve both said this before but I feel like the NRL somewhat set them up to fail by only giving them 1 year notice. That’s terrible planning. It should almost be a 3-4 year process before entering the NRL
It really should be a longer process, you are totally correct. That would help them keep the juniors that end up at other clubs because they would have the clarity of knowing there is an NRL club in their future, and they could have talked a lot longer with players instead of the mess they got put in for 2023. I still think there is plenty of gettable talent for them in 2024. Penrith will be a good club to raid because there is no way they are keeping Critchon, Tago and Toó and also keeping the likes of Staines happy as well. I think the Cowboys are going to struggle to keep both Hammer and Drinkwater as well. Lots of decent options around from November for them to chase.

I think we'll miss out on Woolf as our next coach as I have a feeling he'll be lined up to take over from Benny.

right now we shouldn't be thinking about a next coach.
Mate, we should always and I mean always be looking ahead and we should never be ignoring anything that might benefit us in the future. To do so is just plain folly and suggests laziness. This is not in our brains trusts' makeup. Ikin and DD will, no doubt, be already looking at this.

The present looks after itself, what we do now controls our future.

None of Kevvie's assistant coaches stand out to me as natural replacements for when he calls it a day. There should be a contingency plan in place to address this.

Mate, we should always and I mean always be looking ahead and we should never be ignoring anything that might benefit us in the future. To do so is just plain folly and suggests laziness. This is not in our brains trusts' makeup. Ikin and DD will, no doubt, be already looking at this.

The present looks after itself, what we do now controls our future.

None of Kevvie's assistant coaches stand out to me as natural replacements for when he calls it a day. There should be a contingency plan in place to address this.
Karmichael Hunt is set to join either the Broncos or Dolphins staff next season.

I also expect Kevvie will have an eye on his son following his footsteps.

Karmichael Hunt is set to join either the Broncos or Dolphins staff next season.

I also expect Kevvie will have an eye on his son following his footsteps.
Khunt is talking the talk now, but his past history leaves me feeling 'meh' as to whether we get him or not. it's Hodgo who I'd like to keep on board with us.

And if we end up keeping both I'm down with that too.

Jarrod Wallace.......

Whew!!

I thought for a minute there WB had dragged ole Petey boy out of obscurity......:depressedtonguething:

don't rule it out ... they're still very short of spine players
I know.......

nervous the simpsons GIF

I think Wallace is the first player i think i wouldnt have bothered with who they have signed.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.