The Dolphins discussion

So what the **** was Wayne referring to when he said to Dobbo "today is a good day" when handed a note from O'Sullivan? Was it maybe his bowel screening results instead of signing news?

O'Sullivan trying to show Wayne memes?

Brent Read / Michael Carayannis are reporting that the Dolphins attempted to have the NRL relax their November 1 rules, so they could sign players off contract in 2024 prior to November.

they say that Dolphins power brokers approached the club last year when it became apparent they would struggle to land a marquee signing. Wayne Bennett was enlisted to push their cause with the NRL.

this request has been rejected

Brent Read / Michael Carayannis are reporting that the Dolphins attempted to have the NRL relax their November 1 rules, so they could sign players off contract in 2024 prior to November.

they say that Dolphins power brokers approached the club last year when it became apparent they would struggle to land a marquee signing. Wayne Bennett was enlisted to push their cause with the NRL.

this request has been rejected

I think thats the right move as well. If they didnt help them out from the start they shouldnt change the rules for them now. NRL should have got it right in the first place. At least for players for 2024 they have a much better chance of competing because they actually have a club in the NRL to sell.

you think bennett could get brooks playing well?
tigers might be willing to chuck in a bit and if bennett could get him playing well would be good value

you think bennett could get brooks playing well?
tigers might be willing to chuck in a bit and if bennett could get him playing well would be good value

I'd been looking at him or Milf tbh but only on a 1 year deal. Give them something to prove.

I'd been looking at him or Milf tbh but only on a 1 year deal. Give them something to prove.
i wonder if hastings would be open to a move lol i think he would be the best of the three

No surprise that Sean O’Sullivan's been signed. Mason Teague also.

i wonder if hastings would be open to a move lol i think he would be the best of the three
If Hastings is entertaining coming to Brisbane get him here stat. He'd be great to learn off Reynolds for a couple of years then take over #7 with Mam at 6.

Sean O'Sullivan ....signed.

I wonder if Lachlan Coote is on their radar, or any of super league fullback. Jai Field maybe?

They should go all in on Pryce i reckon. Field has been excellent though so far, but i have a feeling he would be a slightly better version of Dufty so i'm not sure how that would go.

I wonder if Lachlan Coote is on their radar, or any of super league fullback. Jai Field maybe?

If that Panthers kid is off the market which seems to be the case as mentioned above, I'd hope they are at least enquiring about Field, he is a level above everyone else in the SL.

If that Panthers kid is off the market which seems to be the case as mentioned above, I'd hope they are at least enquiring about Field, he is a level above everyone else in the SL.
Field has only just signed an extention, i doubt he is coming back. I think he's very much in the mould of Dufty. Excellent runner which i think suits Superleague. Bit like Bevan French, i think he is a bit too lightweight for an NRL fullback. It helps his game he is also at one of the most dominant sides in the comp. I'm not sure his game would translate very well to a side that wont have a lot of the ball.

They should go all in on Pryce i reckon. Field has been excellent though so far, but i have a feeling he would be a slightly better version of Dufty so i'm not sure how that would go.

I wanted Field a while ago; he always had me intrigued with the right development but floated away with no impact.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Browny
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.