The Dolphins discussion

Redcliffe are desperate and the option outlined above IS a good option for them.
It's not that great for the dragons though... yes it gets $1m off the cap, but there's no one to spend it on (just ask the dolphins) and Bhunt is their captain and best player.

Maybe 2-3yrs ago they might be interested in that option, but right now Bhunt is worth the $1m they're paying him.

It's not that great for the dragons though... yes it gets $1m off the cap, but there's no one to spend it on (just ask the dolphins) and Bhunt is their captain and best player.

Maybe 2-3yrs ago they might be interested in that option, but right now Bhunt is worth the $1m they're paying him.

I get it but if the Dolphins want to look legit, they need a bit fish and whether it is 23 or 24 they get that fish, they are going to overspend on someone because at present, they have not landed a marquee. The way the rest of their squad is shaping up though is good and will be enticing to someone coupled with the ridiculous overs whoever it is that gets it is offered.

You’ve got your marquee man, and he provides utility and due to his utility value he will provide use for quite few years to come as a 14. Dolphins would also be able to offset his big first year contract by reducing his additional years. Dolphins will struggle to spend all their cap next season anyway. I think the dragons would be dumb to do it though.

2024 could see the phins have a halves pairing of Hunt and Munster.
I think they would take him, but not for 1.1 million.
Redcliffe are desperate and the option outlined above IS a good option for them.
I think from the outside looking in people think they are desperate because there seems to be this obsession with getting in a marquee type signing. My feeling from a few people i know from around the place is they arent. Their plan isnt focused on 2023 alone. As Wayne has said, there are going to be players who fall out of favour or fall out with their clubs ( Doueihi and Hastings at the Tigers for example ) and they will keep their powder dry to target those.

I get it but if the Dolphins want to look legit, they need a bit fish and whether it is 23 or 24 they get that fish, they are going to overspend on someone because at present, they have not landed a marquee. The way the rest of their squad is shaping up though is good and will be enticing to someone coupled with the ridiculous overs whoever it is that gets it is offered.

Since Gilbert got selected for QLD. The reporting has been that Bennett and the Dolphins are the big winners for quietly signing an origin rep

Since Gilbert got selected for QLD. The reporting has been that Bennett and the Dolphins are the big winners for quietly signing an origin rep

No doubt they are. The forward pack looks excellent and they have some solid backs. They have nothing in their spine though and Milford isn't going to fix that. They also currently have no strike in their backline, Herbie was a big miss for them. That said, I do rate Graham as a 9.

No doubt they are. The forward pack looks excellent and they have some solid backs. They have nothing in their spine though and Milford isn't going to fix that. They also currently have no strike in their backline, Herbie was a big miss for them. That said, I do rate Graham as a 9.
I think Milf will do a good job at Redcliffe if he has the right halves partner. Yeah we’ve heard this one before but I think it’s different . They’ll get 2 good seasons out of him. Not 2015 good but he’ll do a job.

They really need a dominant half and fullback at a minimum though.

Hanan Laban Wynnum CEO to senior NRL role at Dolphins.

So with the dolphins missing walsh and them really needing a recruitment win, what are we estimating that they will offer munster?

Two months ago I would have said it is ridiculous but I could really see them offering 1.5-1.7 mil a year just due to desperation.

I am not saying he is worth that much, but given their desperate need for a recruitment win, need for a 'face of the team's and needing to lure him away from a successful team and coach it will cost big overs.

They may even consider compensation to melb to get him early.

So with the dolphins missing walsh and them really needing a recruitment win, what are we estimating that they will offer munster?

Two months ago I would have said it is ridiculous but I could really see them offering 1.5-1.7 mil a year just due to desperation.

I am not saying he is worth that much, but given their desperate need for a recruitment win, need for a 'face of the team's and needing to lure him away from a successful team and coach it will cost big overs.

I could see them offering 1.5 for year 1 then back down to 1m for year 2/3. No point having dead space in their cap, and he will get others to sign.

Well, put it this way, Wayne’s going to have to do a few more runs for the cartel
1CE58691 103E 4CB3 8721 5698D621F436

a day after it was discussed on here, James Hooper is reporting that the Dolphins are interested in Luke Brooks, although he says that the Tigpies would need to contribute "plenty" to his contract which is $1.1 million next season

a day after it was discussed on here, James Hooper is reporting that the Dolphins are interested in Luke Brooks, although he says that the Tigpies would need to contribute "plenty" to his contract which is $1.1 million next season
No one is interested in Luke Brookes

No one is interested in Luke Brookes
Honestly he might be much better without the weight of tigers failures. But I would only sign him on money that's low enough to give you options if he doesn't do the job.

Ben Hunt is probably the only player who would get me watching Dolphin games. He's a champ.

Ben Hunt is probably the only player who would get me watching Dolphin games. He's a champ.
he is on the end of his contract right or maybe next year?

Surprised Dolphins haven't gone for TMM it seems the most obvious choice.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Hurrijo
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.