The Dolphins discussion

Dolphins are in a predicament now where they've gone from their targets list to having to take what other clubs don't want and relying on Wayne to rescue a career or two

My theory regarding Wayne’s continual comments about Munster being a done deal is that I think he’s using it to convince other players to sign up under the belief they’ll get to play with a marquee guy.

It’s like how Tesla lie about technology and production which causes investors to jump on board which then gives them enough money to come close to fulfilling the lies before anyone notices.

Badel has reported that the Knights are "threatening to blow the Dolphins out of the water" in the bid for Milford.

says the Knights have offered a 2 year contract.

That would be a blow if they couldn’t even land Milford.

I'm not that convinced he's a priority. If Milf gets a decent deal over 2 years with the Knights he would be mad not to take it. I think they have been looking elsewhere for a half tbh, but he's always been their fallback plan.

My spidey sense is tingling. It just seems to me like the NRL has left the Broncos alone (temporarily) in the Shafted stakes, and has heavily turned on the Storm.

They have never been reffed like this. Ever. Their bullshit on-field antics normally get rewarded by the refs, they don't get the calls against them that they have been recently, and they definitely don't end up losing their shit defensively (and mentally).

The only viable conspiracy I can think of is that they have decided that it's going to be easier to convert Storm fans to Dolphin fans. I mean, 90% of Storm fans don't even live in Victoria, most are up here in SEQ, and they only reason anyone with a tentative link to something from Melbourne supports them is because they are propped up at the top of the table. Without a genuine geographical or emotional tie to Melbourne or the club, if the Storm turn to shit for even half a season they'll see their support dwindle dramatically. I personally can't wait to see that happen, but I suspect the NRL would be even happier to direct their attention to the shiny new team from, um, nowhere.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Jeza23
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.