The End of Empire: The Sharp Decline of the Brisbane Broncos

Coxy said:
tkday said:
At the time of that loss WB was probably thinking... "thank goodness I decided to get out of here at the right time"

I sincerely doubt that.

Anyone would think we missed the 8 with that talk (Tk)

Exactly. I think (and in fact Bennett says as much in his book) that he saw 2008 as a lost opportunity, and a bit of a tragedy. Which it was. But far from a "geez I'm glad I'm leaving given that".

That was the 06 payback right there - not so harsh than losing a GF... but taking the whole thing into context... as everyone has been saying... gut-wrenching stuff.

WB did say it was a "premiership gone begging".

The fall of an empire though? I think not.

Fall of an empire? WTF... who makes this up?

We lost 4 games, big whoop - we have injuries.

We know we're gonna come back.

This is not chicken little, and the sky is not falling.

It's not looking great either. But yeah, we will come back.

Were there similar doom and gloom articles when the Bulldogs won the wooden spoon in 2008?

Speaking of the end of The Empire, Ning is going down this week.

gUt said:
Speaking of the end of The Empire, Ning is going down this week.

[icon_frown

I have been ravaged by injury, just like the Broncos.

I thought this deserved an up... Someone has egg all over his/her face.
Curious about people's opinions now.

While they are still in reasonable shape at this point in time, I still think the Broncos aren't the team they once were and will be interested to see how they go in post Lockyer life

OXY-351 said:
While they are still in reasonable shape at this point in time, I still think the Broncos aren't the team they once were and will be interested to see how they go in post Lockyer life

Agree the post-Lockyer era will be the test. Although, everyone said that about post-Langer too.

Coxy said:
OXY-351 said:

Agree the post-Lockyer era will be the test. Although, everyone said that about post-Langer too.

Nah that will be sweet we have Wallace waiting to stand up and lead the team...

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
[quote="OXY-351":15vyxcn3]While they are still in reasonable shape at this point in time, I still think the Broncos aren't the team they once were and will be interested to see how they go in post Lockyer life

Nah that will be sweet we have Wallace waiting to stand up and lead the team...[/quote:15vyxcn3]

Mr Speaker, please let the record show that Bucking Beads brought Wallace degradation into this discussion, and not the honourable member for Coxyville.

You guys should form a club! [icon_lol1.

It appears that Wallace has been playing and will play tonight with a broken elbow? [icon_shru

Coxy said:
OXY-351 said:

Unfortunately this time we don't have a new superstar in the making. Hunt, Norman, McCollough etc have all shown the occasional glimpse of brilliance but that's been very limited.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • davidp
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.