The Footy Show has been axed!

Well I mean, once they went with Erin.... it was never going to work out. She has the personality of a wet sock.

https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F15-gifs-that-are-not-sarcastic-at-all%2F7.gif

I don't think I watched it even once this year.

Worst Football oriented show on TV.

Should have been axed years ago

Well I mean, once they went with Erin.... it was never going to work out. She has the personality of a wet sock.

That's harsh mate a wet sock has more personality. Seriously though good riddance and should have happened earlier.

Last edited:
Footy Show with Fatty in charge was dumb as a rock, but I got a feeling that's what the people in charge wanted it to be like, to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It wasn't Fatty's fault, he was always by far the most likeable guy on the show, and he even now still shows moments of looking far smarter than the show gave him credit for. Then they got rid of him, and went with Erin Moylan, and she's fucking terrible.

I used to occasionally turn on the footy show, but once Erin Molan was hosting, no thanks. Watched a couple of clips on YouTube and my oh my, it couldn't be a worse show if they tried. It was already awful but it had some low level lolz appeal, then they tried to make it half serious with Beau Ryan and Molan leading it?

Can't believe it lasted the season.

Fancy way of saying it appeals to the lowest common denominator and I don't really think it converted fans to the game.....

Last edited:
I still had a soft spot for it when Fatty was on it, but once they axed him I knew it was over, I think a lot of the viewers were probably people like me just wanting the nostalgia of the good old days with Fatty, Sterlo, Mario, The Chief, Matty, etc.

Last edited:
I still had a soft spot for it when Fatty was on it, but once they axed him I knew it was over, I think a lot of the viewers were probably people like me just wanting the nostalgia of the good old days with Fatty, Sterlo, Mario, The Chief, Matty, etc.

Their House with Ryan Girdler.

That's a shame, it has been a long time coming.

Does anyone have any fond memories of the show?

* The time Clinton Schifcofske completely shattered this kids dream of watching him play for NSW.

* There was a segment where Sterlo took a bunch of paintballs to the gut like a maniac.

*The serious interviews were usually top notch. The Joey drug admission, Gallop vs. Gould, Gould dishing on Hook etc. all fond memories

* Nads, the race dog

*Big Marn riding the motorbike into the fence

They tried to revamp the show, but making it a glorified post-match show was never going to help matters. 9 have to re-think who they cast on these shows. I couldn't see JT giving an honest opinion on anything and Thaiday tries way too hard. They also managed to get the least funny Sims of the bunch. Maybe Nathan Brown can apply for the job when things turn pear shape at Newcastle?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.