CONTROVERSIAL The future of the Broncos?

Who is the future of the Broncos?

• Tommy Dearden

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other (discuss below)

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
A few QLD halves who come to mind:

Dearden
Milford
Croft
Hunt
Gamble
Kelly

And lest we forget: Karmichael Hunt
Dearden... no kicking game
Milford.... old and no kicking game (only has his torp bombs)
Croft.... no kicking game
Hunt... getting old, but would take back
Gamble... qcup standard and no kicking game
Kelly.... old and slightly better long kicking than some of the others

So out of that list Bhunt is the only one with an above average long kicking game... and that only appeared after he went to dragons.

Qld dont know how to develop kickers

Here’s a totally random but sort of related question, who would be Qld’s third choice halfback in the event DCE and Hunt aren’t around? I mean both are starting to get on a bit.

Is it Walker, Fogarty or Milford? Or someone else entirely that I might be forgetting?

Here’s a totally random but sort of related question, who would be Qld’s third choice halfback in the event DCE and Hunt aren’t around? I mean both are starting to get on a bit.

Is it Walker, Fogarty or Milford? Or someone else entirely that I might be forgetting?
Dearden then Walker and then probably start getting funky by having Ponga/Munster halves with 1 of them just wearing a 7. Even Grant into halves with Mahoney at hooker if things got real desperate...

Watching TMM playing right now. We really should have tried to keep him (even as a half). Dude is underrated.
Maybe we did. But seemed more like a happy ending his going home. Like Walsh returning to Brisbane.

I'm sure we all wish him the best.

Walker is overrated as hell.
I don't totally disagree with you. We've had his number every time he played against us.

But I still feel like it might eventually come back and bite us on the bum.

Watching TMM playing right now. We really should have tried to keep him (even as a half). Dude is underrated.
Totes....
he caught my attention early on at the Panthers. He oozes class.

But....he wanted to go home. We would've had to have taken a huge punt$ to tempt him to stay.
In reality, he could have been our answer to the failing/short-time Adam Reynolds.

Maybe we did. But seemed more like a happy ending his going home. Like Walsh returning to Brisbane.

I'm sure we all wish him the best.

Totes....
he caught my attention early on at the Panthers. He oozes class.

But....he wanted to go home. We would've had to have taken a huge punt$ to tempt him to stay.
In reality, he could have been our answer to the failing/short-time Adam Reynolds.

I thought I remember him saying somewhere that he wanted to stay, but with Walsh coming, he kinda knew he wouldn't be starting.

In B 4 Wolfie......

Captain Pat........is our future

He will lead us to glory once again

View attachment 20933
I've noticed @Wolfie has refused to like this post.......?

No Way Omg GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

I thought I remember him saying somewhere that he wanted to stay, but with Walsh coming, he kinda knew he wouldn't be starting.
Well we pinned our hopes on Mam, which may not be the worse thing, but considering the d on the guy, maybe playing Mam off the bench with Reynolds and TMM in the halves wouldn't have been the worst thing. Similar to what we did to Hunt back in the day.

Well we pinned our hopes on Mam, which may not be the worse thing, but considering the d on the guy, maybe playing Mam off the bench with Reynolds and TMM in the halves wouldn't have been the worst thing. Similar to what we did to Hunt back in the day.
I think also we pinned TMM as a fullback because at the time we had Isucko.......

and
...chuckle

Tesi

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

I feel people are underestimating madden's potential. Madden has shown maturity by choosing to delay a regular first grade spot in order to learn under a very good half in reynolds. When reynolds retires he will have benefited from reynolds tutelage and I think can fill that organising half role. He also will not be demanding massive coin which we may need to retain a good spine and core group of players.
If we can keep Mam, Walsh and Mozer long term playing together our 7 doesn't need to be a superstar on big coin, think Shane Perry 06.
Madden will be learning off Reynolds and training alongside the rest of the spine so I think he's going to be more than capable wearing that 7 when Reynolds retires.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Rough and Ready
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • teampjta
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.