The great Seibold cleanout

You get the feeling he doesn’t finish jobs? What did he leave some paper work one Friday when he was a cop?

17 years in QPS sort of tells me he does finish a job.

Well maybe but I think running a football club like the broncos is a bit different to working in the QPS.
I guess we will know if he sticks it out until we win a premiership.

Last edited:
Well maybe but I think running a football club like the broncos is a bit different to working in the QPS.
I guess we will know if he sticks it out until we win a premiership.

he also took the Broncos to their best financial years ever ... that also tells me he is not only very good at his job, but also finishes his jobs.

Something tells me we might be in for a lean year this time.

Apparently Souffs are not going to be allowed to write off Inglis contract. Bad news for us vis-a-vis Boyd, Macca and Gillett but this being so, has anyone considered the possibility someone from Souffs, if not Bennett himself, has been in touch with Roberts and said something to the end: "We can only pay you $******* due to salary cap constraints but if you could get the Broncos to pay you $******* for the remainder of your contract, you wouldn't be losing anything. And then we can pay you more from the third year."
And as a result, Roberts is playing so poorly on purpose? I was never a huge fan but the way he has been playing this year is ridiculous. Not NRL level.

Apparently Souffs are not going to be allowed to write off Inglis contract. Bad news for us vis-a-vis Boyd, Macca and Gillett but this being so, has anyone considered the possibility someone from Souffs, if not Bennett himself, has been in touch with Roberts and said something to the end: "We can only pay you $******* due to salary cap constraints but if you could get the Broncos to pay you $******* for the remainder of your contract, you wouldn't be losing anything. And then we can pay you more from the third year."
And as a result, Roberts is playing so poorly on purpose? I was never a huge fan but the way he has been playing this year is ridiculous. Not NRL level.

I don't buy that he is playing poorly on purpose ...

but, if he is then we should keep him in reserve grade for the remainder of his contract, ensuring by his next contract his value has fallen (we should only grant a release, if someone wants to pick up the full value) ...

Well if they were it would be illegal under the NRL, because they would be trying to influence him to break his contract

Well if they were it would be illegal under the NRL, because they would be trying to influence him to break his contract
If it could be proven that was happening and even if proof of some such conversation came to light, Souffs could argue they were merely speculating. Only saying what they could afford to pay him for the first 2 years of his contract.
I don't buy that he is playing poorly on purpose ...

but, if he is then we should keep him in reserve grade for the remainder of his contract, ensuring by his next contract his value has fallen (we should only grant a release, if someone wants to pick up the full value) ...
Of course I don't believe the team is playing poorly on purpose. Merely speculating on what is going on with one guy in the team.

Then you could drop him to Q Cup and have him only train with the Q cup side like they are doing with Fai. Give it a month and he'd be skipping training or rocking up hung over or something. Then sack him.

Then you could drop him to Q Cup and have him only train with the Q cup side like they are doing with Fai. Give it a month and he'd be skipping training or rocking up hung over or something. Then sack him.
That is precisely the course of action I'd be in favor of though they would have to have something pretty substantial on him to justify sacking him without a payout.
For the time being, I hope he is made to play in the Qld Cup and while his leaving is possible, any payout at all is out of the question.

Surely the fact that Bird has moved to right centre is a clear indication that Roberts time at the Broncos is over? I mean dropping him for a week or two is one thing, but changing the team composition by moving Jack Bird to his preferred side seems a big deal.

Surely the fact that Bird has moved to right centre is a clear indication that Roberts time at the Broncos is over? I mean dropping him for a week or two is one thing, but changing the team composition by moving Jack Bird to his preferred side seems a big deal.

I think it's quite likely due to the fact that we would have a new winger and relatively new centre on the right side if we didn't switch Bird. It spreads the experience a bit better.

I think it's quite likely due to the fact that we would have a new winger and relatively new centre on the right side if we didn't switch Bird. It spreads the experience a bit better.
Yeah, but moving a player to the other side of the field mid season after developing a combination on that side and training on that side for the whole preseason seems a bit dumb unless it is a long term move...

Seibs is losing me with changes like this.

Yeah, but moving a player to the other side of the field mid season after developing a combination on that side and training on that side for the whole preseason seems a bit dumb unless it is a long term move...

Seibs is losing me with changes like this.
Lol, what combination? Oates and Bird have hardly been gelling, they've probably bombed as many tries as they've scored. :P

Lol, what combination? Oates and Bird have hardly been gelling, they've probably bombed as many tries as they've scored. :P
Exactly.

What's to say Staggs and Oates don't perform better as a combination ?

It's still a combination, just not an effective one. It is still a significant move. Not only do we now have a new right side, but we have a new left side as well. Pretty big changes defensively and also in attack. Just seems like the move is a semi-permanent one.

It's still a combination, just not an effective one. It is still a significant move. Not only do we now have a new right side, but we have a new left side as well. Pretty big changes defensively and also in attack. Just seems like the move is a semi-permanent one.
Maybe too much is made of "combinations". Someone said something to end of "pick the best players and then fit them into a team." Obviously within reason. Can't pick 3 halfbacks, two 5/8s and no props but within reason it makes sense to me.

So you'd rather have Dearden (1 game), Staggs (16 games) and Shibba (0 games) all defending together on the right side, rather than split up Bird and Oates? We want to win this game right? Seems logical to me.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.