The great Seibold cleanout

So you'd rather have Dearden (1 game), Staggs (16 games) and Shibba (0 games) all defending together on the right side, rather than split up Bird and Oates? We want to win this game right? Seems logical to me.
Shibba has played 2 games.

So you'd rather have Dearden (1 game), Staggs (16 games) and Shibba (0 games) all defending together on the right side, rather than split up Bird and Oates? We want to win this game right? Seems logical to me.
Id argue that Staggs is a much better defender than Bird... Anyway, you're all missing the point. It's still a big change. Instead of straight swapping, it's disturbing both sides of the field which coaches usually try and avoid. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised If roberts doesn't return, or that if he does, hes on the other side of the field. OR, if he returns, Bird goes to fullback and Boyd goes to the left centre.

Yeah, but moving a player to the other side of the field mid season after developing a combination on that side and training on that side for the whole preseason seems a bit dumb unless it is a long term move...

Seibs is losing me with changes like this.
Bird has a better combination with his opposite winger anyway. That’s the direction he usually runs toward

It's still a combination, just not an effective one. It is still a significant move. Not only do we now have a new right side, but we have a new left side as well. Pretty big changes defensively and also in attack. Just seems like the move is a semi-permanent one.

It’s a shit fucking combination. Milford and Niko were a combination, want to go back to that?

I just wants to whinge about the coach, the outcome is irrelevant.

Bird and Oates have been a great combination. Oates is getting far better ball than he ever got outside of Kahu. They’ve linked up many times. It’s just they’re hands that have been shit.

Id argue that Staggs is a much better defender than Bird... Anyway, you're all missing the point. It's still a big change. Instead of straight swapping, it's disturbing both sides of the field which coaches usually try and avoid. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised If roberts doesn't return, or that if he does, hes on the other side of the field. OR, if he returns, Bird goes to fullback and Boyd goes to the left centre.
I can see Jim coming back on the wing.

I can honestly see this as well. With Boyd heading into the centres, Isaako to FB and Roberts onto the wing. Not saying it will work though. Got concerns about Isaako tbh

I hope putting Bird on his favoured side improves his handling and defence. His work rate has been good its his error rate he needs to improve.
He was great for the sharks on that side

Tbh I wouldn’t mind that. He doesn’t seem to get his head in the game at 3 or 4. Maybe is destined to be an Addo-Carr speedstar. No shame in being a good winger.

I hope if Roberts does get his head in the game that he comes back as the fullback, I've been wanting that for a long time. Hopefully, no other club is interested in him and that might help him to realise what an opportunity he has at the Broncs. I'd love to have Roberts there until Ponga signs on.

I hope if Roberts does get his head in the game that he comes back as the fullback, I've been wanting that for a long time. Hopefully, no other club is interested in him and that might help him to realise what an opportunity he has at the Broncs. I'd love to have Roberts there until Ponga signs on.

Would love to see it but how is he under the high ball? Also concerned about his work ethic tbh

I can honestly see this as well. With Boyd heading into the centres, Isaako to FB and Roberts onto the wing. Not saying it will work though. Got concerns about Isaako tbh

My concerns about Isaako at fullback is him just being another Josh Hoffman but can kick goals.

Can't say I've seen much from him in terms of ball playing.

You get the feeling he doesn’t finish jobs? What did he leave some paper work one Friday when he was a cop?

17 years in QPS sort of tells me he does finish a job.

And reached the Officer in Charge of Mount Isa in that time. No mean feat in only 17 years...

Well maybe but I think running a football club like the broncos is a bit different to working in the QPS.
I guess we will know if he sticks it out until we win a premiership.

Depends what your job is. Ian Stewart manages a $2b + a year budget, has to negotiate the political sphere at the highest levels in Queensland, has probably just as much media to deal with AND has 15,000 employees.

No NRL CEO does that...

Last edited:
Lol, what combination? Oates and Bird have hardly been gelling, they've probably bombed as many tries as they've scored. :P

The bombed tries where handling issues but the opportunities were still created. So there is some what a combination formed.

Too much being made of sides IMO.

Bird prefers right side anyway so I'm looking forward to further improvement from him.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Manofoneway
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.