The Greatest Headgear based side

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bored so here we go, if you can help I would appreciate. Just realised I have done this a while back, so yes well and truly bored haha. Anyway version 2.0

1. Preston Campbell
2. Darryl Halligan
3. Steve Renouf
4. Brett Rodwell
5. Matt Sing
6. Jamie Soward
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Nathan Friend
10. Mark Carroll
11. Steve Menzies
12. Darren Smith
13. Terry Matterson

14. Ron Gibbs
15. Alan Tongue
16. Dan Stains
17. Mark Hohn

Last edited:
That is an awesome side. Some fair players to miss out. Dallas Johnson would feel hard done by, purely because of his concussion factor.

Mick Ennis wore one in Origin at the back-end of his career. Possibly in club games too. What's the criteria? How many games did they have to wear a headgear for?

I would say at least one season's worth minimum.

Ty Williams could have made the side too but I think the back 5 have an edge over him.

Johnathan Docking another too.

This is an excellent thread. From memory, didn't Ennis wear his HG in his whole last season?

Wendell played in a few games with headgear, think when he was in 2nd row lol

Ennis and Sailor should both get a start. Honorable mention to Allan Tongue, Jarrod Croker, Kaylan Ponga and Nigel Plum.

I also feel like Elijah Taylor has worn headgear before to but may have been just a game or two due to stitches. Same with David Nofalouma.

Last edited:
Yeah but I'm not talking a few games, I'm talking at least a season or two.

Ennis and Sailor should both get a start. Honorable mention to Allan Tongue, Jarrod Croker, Kaylan Ponga and Nigel Plum.

I also feel like Elijah Taylor has worn headgear before to but may have been just a game or two due to stitches. Same with David Nofalouma.

Oh yeah, Plum was a beast.

Bored so here we go, if you can help I would appreciate. Just realised I have done this a while back, so yes well and truly bored haha. Anyway version 2.0

1. Preston Campbell
2. Darryl Halligan
3. Steve Renouf
4. Brett Rodwell
5. Matt Sing
6. Jamie Soward
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Nathan Friend
10. Mark Carroll
11. Steve Menzies
12. Darren Smith
13. Terry Matterson

14. Ron Gibbs
15. Alan Tongue
16. Dan Stains
17. Mark Hohn
No room for the greatest outside back in the history of the game? Dave Brown has to be included. Even Tony Martin should get a spot ahead of Rodwell.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.