OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Do you live in Sydney? I'm going to assume probably not.

If you spend a bit of time in Sydney, particularly in and around the Eastern Suburbs, and you're under 35 and have an active social life, you tend to run into NRL players and people who associate with NRL players and that includes Roosters players too.

Players get drunk, they get high, they're predominantly young and sometimes dumb and often they can't help themselves with saying things they almost certainly shouldn't, so It's not exactly a state secret how this stuff works. If you honestly believe the Roosters are completely above board then you may as well believe in Santa Claus. These things don't just appear out of thin air.

I'm not suggesting they are the only ones doing it, or even that we don't necessarily do it too because for all I know we might, I'm just saying that if you stick around long enough you start to see that the Roosters just appear to do it far better than most.
And if you honestly think they are signing Grant, Cleary and Fifita like you mentioned earlier, you can join me and Santa for a beer and listen to them explain how it all happens...

Should we just sign this kid and let him get pummelled all year? We'd be paying a lot but maybe he'd learn some humility while playing for the Broncos and then everything may turn out okay

yes ... because that's a trait all our young kids have already learned 🙄

And if you honestly think they are signing Grant, Cleary and Fifita like you mentioned earlier, you can join me and Santa for a beer and listen to them explain how it all happens...
If it isn't Grant, Cleary and Fifita then it'll probably be Luai, Haas and Crichton, and if it isn't them then it'll probably be Cam Murray, Jack Wighton and Addo-Carr.

The point is, they are ALWAYS recruiting guys at the top end of the talent pool, guys who would without question be attracting significant offers elsewhere, and yet somehow we're supposed to believe it's all just because Uncle Nick has some absolute voodoo magic that happens every time he sits down at a boardroom table to negotiate with a player manager.

Frankly, Santa Claus is probably more plausible.

Last edited:
The other thing is, Addo-Carr has been given a huge offer by the Tigers but South’s look set to get him despite already spending big on Mitchell, Roberts and Arrow. The whole salary cap system is a joke, it is always the same teams up the top year in, year out.
I heard Roberts might be returning here on Twitter but I don’t believe it

For anyone that thinks the roosters are completly above board... well, let's just say politis is a keen golfer and gambler, just not very good at either.... Very, very reliable sources have told me he always loses...

I will laugh if we end up with Moose and Roberts back, let’s get Kniko and extend Macca, Kahu, and Boyd while we’re at it.

For anyone that thinks the roosters are completly above board... well, let's just say politis is a keen golfer and gambler, just not very good at either.... Very, very reliable sources have told me he always loses...
I think Kent has admitted he does on 360... so it's well known by journalists, but apparently doesn't warrant a story 🙄🙄🙄

NRL: "nothing to see here"

Extremely doubt that, he is not the kind of person this club needs at present, regardless of talent. Even so, what is the Twitter source?
Just random people saying it. Not an actual source, just people saying it acting like they’ve ever been in the know.

I think what annoys me is that those guys you say are playing well above their contract have been playing well above their contract for almost all their careers... so why is there never any interest from the rest of the market to try and poach them??

TKO is a borderline top 10 prop, that goal kicks and has played long minutes at lock... why is he not getting $800k a year contracts??

Manu apparently re-signed for $600k, but he'd be a certainty to get huge money on the open market as a fullback... yet he has no interest in going to market.

Tupou is an elite winger, but never seems interested in going to market.

JWH gets put in the conversation for best prop, but never seems to be getting chased.

Liu is a starter in almost all teams, but never seems to come off contract or have any interest from the rest of the comp

Tuponuia (or however you spell it) looks a very promising player who would get hyped to max in Brisbane, but quietly signed an extension

I imagine Crichton will be happy to sign on (probably for a reduced salary) with little interest from the market... unless of course the roosters dont want him then $800k offers will come in from everywhere.

That's just a few but it's suspect as **** that their players never seem to get interest from the market

The big difference is the media and how they run cover for certain teams. The media are NSW centrist, there is no doubting or debating this. There is very little hype about the Panthers young guns as there is with us for example. Any player off contract at the Broncos for the last 5 years at least has had write ups about big money contracts. One reason being to destabilize the playing group and disrupt our recruitment. The second was due to the era of Queensland dominance , there was an effort to stop Sydney based clubs to stop using QRL clubs as feeders. They wanted talent to be pooled in the South and to highlight any talent that the one QLD club with pathways in Queensland uncovered. There is a reason why the three QLD clubs have dropped out of contention and its been a NSW all the way. Look at how the media howls about moving the GF around, like it is only their right to host it. A national game my ass.

Kent shows his hand every time, he will talk up the Roosters cap management and in the same show say if somehow we did keep Dave it warranted investigation for salary cap breaches. Also the TPJ story that never was, the one that so many people would lose jobs over and the club would not recover from. A very similar thing happened at the Roosters last year with Tedesco but the media ran cover from the get go and said the Roosters are 100% above board.

I hate the Roosters, mainly because their a club without fans that has been crowned the Jewel of the league for what reason. How the game profits is beyond me and I hope they get booted in straight sets. But there is no denying they have been the best at recruitment and retention and have been a great side in the modern era. But if they disappeared tomorrow it would have zero effect on the game apart from the loss of less then 400k supporters. Now with one poor year of football from the Broncos we lost around 80 k supporters, nearly 1/4 of the total the their supporters and the NRL had an obvious drop in ratings. Imagine if we disappear tomorrow, a million supporters gone. A few would go to other clubs but there are more like myself who would just turn it off altogether. The NRL with their NSW focus and the NRL media with theirs are effecting the game in a very negative way. The Broncos are pivotal to the success of the game and have been for the last 3 decades.

Walters understands this and appears to be ready to throw the weight of the club around. He wants to bring the history back, whats the history you say, winning, winning , winning. Winning on the field, winning off the field, winning in the board room, winning in the hearts and minds of Queenslanders. Sticking it up the butts of NSW which I call Winning. Being "arrogant" is nothing new, we will always be arrogant to them down there and well thats more winning. We may have won the spoon this year under Pies but our future is more important then any other club, we have never needed handouts or handups. We are a power house and need to start acting like it.

Last edited:
The big difference is the media and how they run cover for certain teams. The media are NSW centrist, there is no doubting or debating this. There is very little hype about the Panthers young guns as there is with us for example. Any player off contract at the Broncos for the last 5 years at least has had write ups about big money contracts. One reason being to destabilize the playing group and disrupt our recruitment. The second was due to the era of Queensland dominance , there was an effort to stop Sydney based clubs to stop using QRL clubs as feeders. They wanted talent to be pooled in the South and to highlight any talent that the one QLD club with pathways in Queensland uncovered. There is a reason why the three QLD clubs have dropped out of contention and its been a NSW all the way. Look at how the media howls about moving the GF around, like it is only their right to host it. A national game my ass.

Kent shows his hand every time, he will talk up the Roosters cap management and in the same show say if somehow we did keep Dave it warranted investigation for salary cap breaches. Also the TPJ story that never was, the one that so many people would lose jobs over and the club would not recover from. A very similar thing happened at the Roosters last year with Tedesco but the media ran cover from the get go and said the Roosters are 100% above board.

I hate the Roosters, mainly because their a club without fans that has been crowned the Jewel of the league for what reason. How the game profits is beyond me and I hope they get booted in straight sets. But there is no denying they have been the best at recruitment and retention and have been a great side in the modern era. But if they disappeared tomorrow it would have zero effect on the game apart from the loss of less then 400k supporters. Now with one poor year of football from the Broncos we lost around 80 k supporters, nearly 1/4 of the total the their supporters and the NRL had an obvious drop in ratings. Imagine if we disappear tomorrow, a million supporters gone. A few would go to other clubs but there are more like myself who would just turn it off altogether. The NRL with their NSW focus and the NRL media with theirs are effecting the game in a very negative way. The Broncos are pivotal to the success of the game and have been for the last 3 decades.

Walters understands this and appears to be ready to throw the weight of the club around. He wants to bring the history back, whats the history you say, winning, winning , winning. Winning on the field, winning off the field, winning in the board room, winning in the hearts and minds of Queenslanders. Sticking it up the butts of NSW which I call Winning. Being "arrogant" is nothing new, we will always be arrogant to them down there and well thats more winning. We may have won the spoon this year under Pies but our future is more important then any other club, we have never needed handouts or handups. We are a power house and need to start acting like it.
Really, its the media that has the funny cap situation.

Give me a break.

Brisbane media favours brisbane, sydney favours sydney with its 9 teams and diffeerent journos liking different teams, canberras favours canberra.

The roosters appear to have a dodgy cap. Its not the media, it just appears to be a dodgy cap, there is more salary cap and the chooks jokes in rugby league circles then any other joke. If you think rugby league people in Sydney dislike the broncos more then the chooks, you are in your own lala reality.

The broncos thing with TPJ stank, with Gee stank and other things that have happened stank - didnt scotty prince have a house built for him? but it might be all legit. The broncos right now are not down to a simple roster problem, its more of a culture problem, for you guys sake, maybe kevvie will fix that.

Couldn't agree with this more. Every chance they get there's always rumblings about cheating up here, a scandal brewing that will shock the league to its core, if the Broncos re-sign one of our young forwards there flat out needs to be an investigation but when Keary re-signs on unders without even testing the market it's silence. **** the NSW media.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Robboi_321
  • lynx000
  • HarryAllan7
  • Morkel
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • jd87
  • Dazza 92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.