OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

Kevvie meeting with the recruitment and retention committee tomorrow.

Looks like Kahu, O’Sullivan, Kennar and Luke are unlikely to be re-signed. Lodge possibly also to exit to Warriors.

Kev ruled out bringing McGuire back.

Source: CM and Daily Telegraph articles.

where did it mention not signing moose?

That's fucked if we lose Lodge. I'm sorry but that's a big red cross on the report card from me if we lost one of our best forwards and kept the likes of Joffa.
Nope

The sooner we break up the forwards mafia holding the club to ransom, the better

Lodge TPJ can all follow fifita out door to getdafkouttahereucunts

According to media / rumours / already happened:

Out: Milford, Oates, Lodge, Joffa, Fifita, Staggs, Kahu, Kennar, Boyd, Macca, Niu, TPJ, Flegler, Bird

In: No one

I don't even know of 17 players to put out there next year according to all this.

Newcastle haven't offered McCullough a new contract

Last edited:

Out: Milford, Oates, Lodge, Joffa, Fifita, Staggs, Kahu, Kennar, Boyd, Macca, Niu, TPJ, Flegler, Bird

I don't even know of 17 players to put out there next year according to all this.
Beware: this is a Badel article soooo....

maybe we just gonna replace them with all our retired players

In: lockyer, yow yeh, petero, parker, hodges, saylor, webke, khunt, berrigan, the pearl, caroll, lazarus, hancock

Sad part is even at there current ages I reckon they would win more games then the mob there replacing :D

Thanks for fucking his hamstring, now we have to deal with it. Hopefully he's at least fit for round 1 whether he plays or not (he shouldn't).

I don't think Milford will be leaving. At least not for next season. First being, no one wants him and second being that he has all his family in Brisbane.

I'm pretty sure there is a article on foxsports mentioning that Walters has asked offa to move on.
Walters has been quoted as saying he hasn't tapped anyone on the shoulder ... YET

There seems to be a direct correlation between “contract year “ and “ pulling your finger out “ with a lot of guys
Start doing 1 year contracts only except for proven long term performers

Start doing 1 year contracts only except for proven long term performers

Sounds good in theory, but in practice you're going to lose most of your talented players when desperate Sydney teams offer 4-5 year deals w/ better money.

We're not the Broncos of old that could strongarm players in to staying through premiership hopes / increased chances of State & International selections, etc.

I don't mind a longer contract, as long as we stop offering those bloody player options where we get all of the drawbacks of a long contract and none of the benefits. It's ridiculous how hard White leaned on them.

Newcastle haven't offered McCullough a new contract

He was always coming back. I've been saying this for some time now despite what other people believed.

He didn't end up at the Knights by accident, he went there to replace an injured Brailey, who the Knights had already gone out on a limb to recruit. Without that injury, Macca was never going there, and once a full recovery is made, again Macca would be surplus to their needs.

Short of us being exceedingly lucky and finding another club to take him off our hands, he's all but certain to be a Bronco again in 2021.

As I've said all along, we were going to need a miracle for the Knights to extend Macca's stay and a Broncos return was ALWAYS very much on the cards for 2021 unless some other club has an ACL injury to their starting Dummy Half with no real back up again.

Last edited:
Maybe Petero wasn't interested in dealing with the club in the state it was especially with those running it and the head coach? Someone like Kevie who he played alongside with and was a mentor of sorts to him may see it as an opportunity to make things right and mentor players like TPJ.
Petero is known around Brisbane as a bloke who will put his name on anything. I dare say if he was offered a spot he would have been all over it

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.