OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

He hasn't been happy since seibs got rid of the Maccas cards ... because how can a guy on $1 million a season afford to buy his own chicken nuggets

Lol
You better have some sauce to back that up or Milford will sue you. Afterall you can't have chicken nuggets without them!

Last edited:
Quote from the one and only, Steve 'The Pearl' Renouf, back in April 2018, speaking about Kev's decision at that time to walk away from his assistant's role with us. Mentioned that Kev and Wayne would often butt heads, just like a father and son, but had a great working relationship. Also of interest was Steve's following observation:

"I saw Jack Bird give Kev a big hug the other day at training, a small thing that said a lot. They will miss Kevin's upbeat and endearing personality and I know the players want to play for him because of who he is and what he has achieved. He has their respect. My prediction is Kevin will one day return to the Broncos as the head coach, and he will still be in contact with Wayne and debating ideas when he does".

The great Pearl was correct after all 😊

Most of his thought on nrl.com, 'Pearls of Wisdom' are pretty spot on. Has great insight to the old coach and players actual character within the organisation instead of the usual tripe we hear from newscorp. I still don't understand how some fans hate WB after all he has done :xxxx:

MY GOD! Seeing that little clip of kevvie shedding a tear over his love for this job absolutely bloody melts me. This is a guy who is here because he loves the place and and wants nothing but the best for the club. He's honestly going to do wonders for this club. Why has it taken so long to make this happen.

If you become a contributing member not only does it unlock the ‘ignore staff’ feature, but one of the mods will come sweep your driveway twice a month.
Oh no 😯 not coming to my place I don't want any spoons thrown on my lawn.

It's official - video interview in link

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2020/09/30/kevin-walters-appointed-brisbane-broncos-coach2/

The Brisbane Broncos have confirmed Kevin Walters as the Club’s Head Coach for the next two years.

Walters, a former Broncos Captain and five-time Premiership winner with the Club, will start in the role in coming weeks as preparations ramp up for the 2021 preseason.

The 52-year-old, born in Rockhampton, has signed a two-year contract through to the end of the 2022 season.

Walters returns to the Broncos having been Queensland State of Origin Coach for the past four series.

Prior to that he had been an Assistant Coach with the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, as well Coach of the Toowoomba Clydesdales and Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup, and two seasons as Head Coach of Catalans Dragons in the English Super League.

Walters, one of the first players ever to be inducted in the Broncos Hall Of Fame, said he was thrilled to be given the opportunity as Head Coach.

“I love the Brisbane Broncos – this Club is part of who I am and it feels like I am coming home’” said Walters.

“I’ve put in a lot of work over the past 15 years to learn and gain the experience that’s required to succeed in this role, so I feel that I’m ready.

The success of the Broncos over the years has been built on passion for the jersey, standing by your mates and plain old hard work, and we will strive for nothing less.
Kevin Walters
“I’m looking forward to getting into the building and starting work on preparations for the 2021 preseason.”

Brisbane Broncos Chairman Karl Morris said Walters was a strong choice to guide a playing squad containing a host of emerging talent.

“Kevin has played the game at the highest level and as a coach demonstrates a passion and ability to communicate and connect with his teams,” said Morris.

“He has a track record of getting the best out of his players regardless of age or experience, and the Board saw that as a key element for where we are at as a Club.

“You don’t get any more “Bronco” than Kevin Walters – we believe he is the right choice at this time in the Club’s history to lead our team into the future.”

Last edited:
Liking what I'm hearing from him, straight to the point of what needs to happen, what he expects from the team and what the fans deserve.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.