The Lang Park surface

Didn't I hear somewhere that part of the deal to have the concert was that they also had to pay the costs to get the turf completely re-laid? So this is something they knew would happen ahead of time, but instead of admitting "yeah the turf will be fucked for a month or two" they are happily risking injury to NRL players, and then by the time it starts coming good we'll be kicked to the Gabba while the soccer is on.
I'm a little disappointed in the lack of technology and resources being used.

As I hinted at earlier, there are exorbitant amounts of money involved here........whats it being spent on?

Gets a nine day break after tonight.. sounds counterintuitive but lower daytime temperatures will actually help by allowing them to oversow with ryegrass.. normally around late May or early June you’ll see the playing surface take on a very different look when the rye takes over

It won't get a let up, someone is going to get injured shortly.

Compare that to the green at CBUS, could've played a game of lawn bowls on that.

The Adelaide oval turf looked majestic. I remember when lang park looked like that a few years ago - when Petero retired we walked on it and it was amazing. Why can’t we have it like that again?

The Adelaide oval turf looked majestic. I remember when lang park looked like that a few years ago - when Petero retired we walked on it and it was amazing. Why can’t we have it like that again?
Cause Brisbane needed a second team who can't use their actual home ground...

It won't get a let up, someone is going to get injured shortly.

Compare that to the green at CBUS, could've played a game of lawn bowls on that.
Compare the traffic Suncorp cops vs what CBus gets.. there is no comparison

that’s why the latter is in mint condition

Take it from a lawn fanatic, it’s very very very difficult, impossible infact to have a great patch of turf when it’s getting constantly trampled on with little time to recover

comparing Suncorp to Adelaide oval or any other ground which doesn’t get the same amount of traffic, is not a fair comparison

Is there anything funding wise the state or local govt should be looking at?

I would suggest there is a risk that magic round could result in an injury due to the surface and if that occurs there will be questions asked about whether Suncorp should keep hosting it ... they have an interest in making sure the event goes forward as smoothly as possible due to the amount of money it brings into the area each year.

A set of injuries across the weekend would be a huge black mark on Suncorp

It begins... surprised it's taken the NSWRL this long to be honest

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Spoon
  • HarryAllan7
  • Rookie Alan
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.