The Lang Park surface

according to Dean Ritchie, this independent review is because "multiple NSW Clubs" have expressed concerns about the state of the field.
Yeah and then proceeds to quote whichever CEO's and NSWRL personalities that picked up the phone for him today

Good, I hope it gets highlighted more in the media. It's getting to the point where it may be more beneficial playing away games for us. The state of the surface hinders our style of football badly.
Interested to see how we go at the Coast this weekend... their pitch is always pristine... mainly because no one uses it, but still looks a great pitch

Upcoming games at Lang Park before Magic Round.
23rd April - Dolphins
24th April - Roar
28th April - Broncos
29th April - Reds

Rugger does more damage .
16 men bound together in a scrum and pushing with all their might . Turf doesn`t stand a chance .

Rugger does more damage .
16 men bound together in a scrum and pushing with all their might . Turf doesn`t stand a chance .
yeah, soccer on the other hand barely stresses the ground at all.

The Reds should be moved to Redcliffe.

yeah, soccer on the other hand barely stresses the ground at all.

The Reds should be moved to Redcliffe.
The Reds need to find there own field....

Soccer should find its own field........

etc etc ........

why is everything being played on Lang Park?

The QLD government now has unlimited resources since they won the Brisbane Olympic Games grant....why the **** aren't more stadiums being built...?

Are the Olympic Games gonna be held on Lang Park too.........

The Reds need to find there own field....

Soccer should find its own field........

etc etc ........

why is everything being played on Lang Park?

The QLD government now has unlimited resources since they won the Brisbane Olympic Games grant....why the **** aren't more stadiums being built...?

Are the Olympic Games gonna be held on Lang Park too.........
The main stadium will be the Gabba, the only rectangle being redeveloped from my knowledge is Sunshine Coast for some reason, there needs to a second rectangle stadium in Brisbane that has atleast 20-25k, the only sports using stadiums like Lang park in the Olympics will be Soccer and Rugby 7s.

How does the Brookie grass look better than Suncorp……what a gee up

How does the Brookie grass look better than Suncorp……what a gee up
How many concerts, semi trailers & games of NRL & Rugby have rolled out at Brookvale over the last 12 weeks ?

Why aren't the Reds playing out of Ballymore? They'd struggle to fill it...

I'm stumped why Brissy doesn't have a dedicated soccer complex tbh, I know Suncorp is the premier venue but surely one of the other grounds can be developed through the Olympics?

Honestly, parts of the turf were completely dead last night.

Why aren't the Reds playing out of Ballymore? They'd struggle to fill it...

I'm stumped why Brissy doesn't have a dedicated soccer complex tbh, I know Suncorp is the premier venue but surely one of the other grounds can be developed through the Olympics?
from wiki:

In February 2021 demolition and construction works commenced on the stadium and surrounding precinct, to allow for the creation of the National Rugby Training Centre. The McLean Stand was demolished in February 2021, and will be replaced by the indoor training centre which includes a new grandstand capable of seating 3010 spectators, and also features corporate facilities, a 700 square-metre gym, rehabilitation areas, a 75-seat auditorium, a 120-seat function room, changing rooms and offices. A second rugby field with surrounding offices is included in the masterplan, though has not been constructed.

Parasites thought they where beyond it, looks like.

Even though the surface looked like shit by Sunday, it did seem like there was alot less injuries this week, maybe the softer shifting surface is good that.

A lot of armchair critics made a big deal of the surface but I didn’t hear one player bag it.

In fact, NRL Physio has this to say

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Spoon
  • sooticus
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.