The Lang Park surface

Is it just me or is the turf just not capable of hosting an NRL game? Just kinda embarrasing how bad it is, and how much slipping its causing.
It was because of the Ed Sheeran concert. They should never have let everyone on the field resulting in the whole thing being returfed. Far too close to the start of the season and not enough time for the turf to establish itself.

I have major anxiety for Reece Walsh’s knees every time he has slipped over trying to change direction. It’s going to be a dirt paddock by the end of magic round.

It was because of the Ed Sheeran concert. They should never have let everyone on the field resulting in the whole thing being returfed. Far too close to the start of the season and not enough time for the turf to establish itself.

It shouldn't still be affecting the turf two months after the event

The crappy turf at Suncorp has to be having an effect on attack, it will be interesting to see how we play at Cbus Stadium next week, the field there looks good.
We absolutely flourish in those conditions.

I’m sure the coaching staff & the players will fix up what needs to be before this game and start to perform in what seems to be a tough 5-6 week period ahead.

Kobe’s arrival into the team alone will improve our defense, our interchanges & most importantly - none of our middles will be bur

Line them up at the tunnels as the players run out. One punch from each on each team. We don't want to condone violence though, so the ball kids will just push them into the wall instead.
C'mon....the ball kids can kick them in the nuts.

kick in nuts GIF

With FIFA using the field in a couple months time wonder if their doing something different with Suncorp to meet their requirements.

With FIFA using the field in a couple months time wonder if their doing something different with Suncorp to meet their requirements.
Gonna need a whole lotta new grass .
Think about it , soccer . The ball rolls across the nice flat ground .

Its a fucken disgrace.....

Schedulers, Planners.....groundsmen should all line up for a punch in the face.
Not sure about the groundsmen. They don't make the decisions on what events are held there. Can't polish a turd. If it's played on literally every weekend without any breaks there's not much you can do. Even if they rip it all up during the week and lay new turf it's not going to be ready in time.

It's already been re-laid and then the traffic on it hasn't let it grow and root. They normally re-lay parts of it during the season like after magic round last season but this time they had to re-lay most of it.

Not sure about the groundsmen. They don't make the decisions on what events are held there. Can't polish a turd. If it's played on literally every weekend without any breaks there's not much you can do. Even if they rip it all up during the week and lay new turf it's not going to be ready in time.

I this some blame can still be attributed......at the very least, the grounds staff have been complicit.

You're right of course that the schedule is fucken ridiculous.....
People get paid very good money to make those kind of horrendous decisions.

I this some blame can still be attributed......at the very least, the grounds staff have been complicit.

You're right of course that the schedule is fucken ridiculous.....
People get paid very good money to make those kind of horrendous decisions.

You mean I'm making shit decisions in life for fucking free when I could get money?

Didn't I hear somewhere that part of the deal to have the concert was that they also had to pay the costs to get the turf completely re-laid? So this is something they knew would happen ahead of time, but instead of admitting "yeah the turf will be fucked for a month or two" they are happily risking injury to NRL players, and then by the time it starts coming good we'll be kicked to the Gabba while the soccer is on.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Rookie Alan
  • broncoscope
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.